Thread: Greetz Everybody / Simon Collins - Becoming Human (10 min Preview)

Greetz Everybody / Simon Collins - Becoming Human (10 min Preview)

https://www.facebook.com/simoncollin...2262545965641/

Greetings all! I'm new here so I'd like to introduce myself. You can call me Si, Spacehead, Susan if you like. Some of you may know my solo work or the band "Sound of Contact". I'm in the midst of returning my focus back to music and I just finished my new (4th) solo album (which you can check out by way of the link if you fancy a listen)! I also have other up and coming projects this year. For now, I thought I would share this 10 minute preview of my new album "BECOMING HUMAN", featuring sound bites of every song. Produced, Mixed and Mastered by Robbie Bronnimann and Co-Produced by myself, this body of work reflects a deep, wild existential journey and sonic evolution. The soundscape explores a progressive fusion of Electronic & Rock Influences, creating a futuristic progressive sounding album. While melding space atmospheres and ambient moods with progressive pop song craft this cross pollination of genres, production in the sonic spectrum defines a new breed of musical style. While Robbie and I collaborated on many of the songs, the album also features co-writes with Dave Kerzner and Kelly Avril Nordstrom on songs I initially brought to the mountain of material earmarked for the 2nd "Sound of Contact" album. The musicians guesting on this album range from original SOC guitarist, Kelly Avril Nordstrom, bringing his special and unique sound to power walls and high altitude atmospheres, also, the outstanding bass player, Gaz Williams brought his very original style to many songs, and lastly guitarist Robin Boult contributed amazing sonic elements. Robbie also brought his bespoke keyboard and sound design to the mix while I played some keys too, along with drums and of course all the vocals. Artistically, the album cover was created by Graphic Artist, Taavi Torim, also responsible for SOC's "Dimensionaut" album artwork. I hope you all enjoy what we have put together for you! Release date TBA!

I have some other news I'll be sharing for those of you who are interested in what I'm up to.

Stay Cosmic
    Simon

C&P 2018 LIGHTYEARS MUSIC LTD.[/B]

Nice to have a warm welcome so far.....lol

Welcome! Dimensionaut is easily one of my favorite albums of the last 20 years. I was very disappointed to hear that a second one would not be happening. But, it's great to see some of the material seeing the light of day between Dave Kerzner's In Continuum album and your new solo album. I'm very much looking forward to this one!

Hi ya Pixel (mind if i just call you pixel?). WOW! Thank you ever so much for sharing that with me, it means more than you know. I'm sorry we didn't bring you another album BUT those songs now have a home not just on Dave and I's new albums but I'm sure Matt and Kelly will be releasing or working on their debut solo albums including material meant for the 2nd album. Who knows though, all of us from SOC are on good terms, perhaps there might be another album when the time is right. Apart from this new solo album though, I have another project that I'll be announcing soon, I have a feeling you might dig! Nice to meet you virtually! SI

Welcome to the board, Simon!

Loved Dimensionaut by the way. Was one of my favorites from 2013, and quite a lovely surprise. So it's great to know that more music is getting released into the world via these other avenues.

Welcome Simon, looking forward to new music!! Keep us posted please !!

Looking forward to buying this Simon. I have SOC, U-Catastrophe and All of Who You Are. All very good LP's... you certainly have the old mans chops behind the kit!... and a good voice as well... Pops is a tough act to follow but you have done a great job! All the best.

Welcome! Great news, hearing about the new album. I've become a big fan, after Sound of Contact, which led me to U-Catastrophe. Looking forward to some new stuff.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Sounds good! It reminds me in places of Fabio Trentini's band Moonbound in vocal sound, melodic style, and production values. That's a positive thing in my book! Looking forward to getting this. Keep up the great work, Simon!

In places it reminds me of 80s Genesis - somewhere in between "Shapes" and Invisible Touch.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

Complete song and video now out - sounds good!

I've always really liked the U-Catastrophe album, I play that CD on a semi-regular basis still. The Good Son is one that really resonates with me.

I saw Sound Of Contact open for Marillion, it was a great show! Also featured District 97's Jonathan Schang on drums.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

Preordered.

Hi Simon, what a wonderful surprise to see you on this board.
    Also a huge fan of SOC and recently acquired a brand new LP version(the first edition) from a chap on ebay from the UK.
    A regular participant over at Dave's FB page and a fan of his solo material as well.
    I've been waiting patiently since you posted the first trailer on FB for the upcoming album, and am excited to see it's finally getting a proper release.
    Like the others have said here, I love U-Catastrophe, so it will be great to have a follow up.

Again, welcome to the board, and patience regarding posts responses is indeed a requirement here on PE, but most of the folks who do respond are good peeps.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

Great song , preordering now. I love all of Simonís music.

"Blue! You're my boy!" Haha

I was supposed to see you guys at the Sellersville Theater a few years ago, really disappointed that didn't happen, beyond glad that you are back. I love your drumming, and music, and i will be looking forward to hearing more. Love to say can't wait to see you, but we'll see what happens with that.