Thread: Stagg - SWF Sessions 1974 (for Thirsty Moon, Brainstorm, Eiliff, Xhol Caravan fans..)

Stagg - SWF Sessions 1974 (for Thirsty Moon, Brainstorm, Eiliff, Xhol Caravan fans..)

I haven't heard this one yet myself (though I'm most anxious to pick it up as soon as it hits these shores), but a friend in Paris confirms it's just as great as the description from the label (Long Hair) that I've appended below (underline is mine):

"STAGG, four guys from Frankfurt, all students are one of the very best who recorded at the SWF. Well trained on their instruments flute and sax, organ and keyboard, guitar, bass, and drums STAGG recorded the five tracks, all in all about 40 minutes of amazing and extra ordinary music. They are a real gem! The music is full of energy, amazing melodies and surprise twists. The sound is absolutely unique and reminds a mix of Gomorrha's playing on their second album, a more rocking version of Thrice Mice or early Thirsty Moon but also of Jethro Tull at times of Benefit or Aqualung. Two long tracks (each about ten minutes) which allowed the musicians to show their musical abilities with a surprising organ and keyboard sound, often unisono with sax or flute, a rocking guitar with slightly Spanish interjections, very tight bass and drums playing with a drummer playing in 'an always getting forward' style. This Frankfurt band played a lot of concerts in Frankfurt area but also Berlin, Munich, Hamburg or Cologne clubs. The music is really amazing and the melodies played by guitar, keyboard and flute and sax reach your heart and brain and after the album finishes, you will start to hear it again and again. This is one of Long Hair's finest albums ever. We are very proud to release it after seven years for searching for the guys who played this unique sound! Front- and backcover are from a original painting by famous German painter Helmut Wenske (covers for NEKTAR, Dzyan and many more other Bacillus bands) . CD comes with 24 pages booklet (vinyl album with gatefold sleeve and four sided full coloured insert) with band story, a lot of photos and other notes. The radio recordings were remastered and the sound is brilliant. Don't miss this yet unknown but soon legendary sound. A MASTERPIECE!!!"

Very cool!

This is right in my wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    Very cool!

This is right in my wheelhouse.
    +1 here !!!
    G.A.S -aholic

I'm intrigued.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Nice. I love Xhol and Eiliff (and like to quite like Brainstorm) so I'm in for a copy.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.