Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Page / Robbie Williams feud - true/hilarious

Jimmy Page / Robbie Williams feud - true/hilarious

Robbie Williams 'blasting Black Sabbath' at Jimmy Page, letter claims

Neighbours ex-Take That singer and Led Zeppelin guitarist have clashed over pool plan

The pop star Robbie Williams is “blasting Black Sabbath music” at his neighbour, Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page, over a home extension row, a complaint to their local council has said.

The musicians, who live in Holland Park, west London, clashed after the ex-Take That singer was granted conditional approval last year to build a basement swimming pool.

Page is concerned the excavation work will damage his 1875 Grade I-listed mansion.

A letter to the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea council, which is signed “Jonny”, says that Williams has been playing Black Sabbath to annoy his neighbour.

It also states the singer has played Pink Floyd and Deep Purple songs at high volume, knowing “this upsets” the Led Zeppelin star.

The correspondent adds that Williams has also dressed up to imitate Led Zeppelin’s frontman Robert Plant by “wearing a long hair wig, and stuffing a pillow under his shirt in an attempt to mock or imitate Mr Robert Plant’s beer belly that he has acquired in his older age”.

This is “embarrassing”, the letter continues, because “Mr Plant was remembered for performing with his shirt open on stage, and obviously he cannot perform in his current condition”.

Williams was granted planning permission in December but work cannot begin until councillors receive reassurance that vibration levels and ground movement issues will be monitored. They will also decide whether to ask Williams for a bond, which could be forfeited if those conditions were breached or Page’s property was damaged.

Source:
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...P=share_btn_tw
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

^^^^^

First-world problems....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Robbie Williams - of Kansas????

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Robbie Williams - of Kansas????
    No. There is no Robbie Williams in Kansas.

The original Kansas had a Robby Steinhardt, the violinist, and a Rich Williams, one of the two original guitarists.

See, if I was Robbie Williams (who I vaguely remember having a big solo career about 15 years ago, I think he drove the Reasonably Priced Car on Top Gear, once) and I was gonna annoy someone by blasting loud music, I'd pick something a little more obnoxious than Deep Purple or Black Sabbath. Say, for instance, Robbie Williams.

^

Whoops, I guess its time for me to refresh my memories of Kansas members!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Definitely sounds like there's a bustle in Jimmy's hedgerow.

Is there any way that English plumbing can handle a basement pool?

Robbie Williams being an obnoxious cunt. In other news, Pope is a catholic and ursine faeces found in arboreal surroundings. If he really wanted to annoy someone he'd just play 'Angels' at them over and over again, or even just the once.

As someone commented on this matter some months ago - "I'm surprised Page and Williams don't get on together. After all, between them they're responsible for four of the best albums ever recorded - Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin III and Led Zeppelin IV..."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    ^^^^^

First-world problems....
    These are not even first-world problems. More like rich-world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Definitely sounds like there's a bustle in Jimmy's hedgerow.

Is there any way that English plumbing can handle a basement pool?
    No, but I suppose digging and the use of heavy machinery can course damage to old buildings. Ask the people in Amsterdam who lived near some road, where they were working on a new underground-line.

He should be blasting all the songs Page plagiarized.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by SongForAmerica View Post
    No. There is no Robbie Williams in Kansas.

The original Kansas had a Robby Steinhardt, the violinist, and a Rich Williams, one of the two original guitarists.
    Maybe they got married and Robby took Rich's name?
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

So let me get this straight, Williams is picking on Page by dressing up as an overweight Plant? Williams sounds like a complete a-hole. I hope someone is around to mock his body's inevitable decline in his later years.

(edited to add...)

According to Wikipedia, Williams has health issues himself:

"Williams has reportedly battled mental illness, obesity, self-esteem issues, alcoholism, and substance abuse throughout his life. He has discussed how his friend Elton John booked him into a clinic to cope with his drug use that emerged from the depression he was experiencing while still in Take That.

He revealed in 2011 he had been battling lethargy caused by a type of hormone imbalance called andropause for a number of years and thought at first it was a return of his depression."

[end quote]

Not that I am making fun of the issues that I bolded above, but I do believe the proverb "Those who live in glass houses..." applies here.
    Last edited by Painter; 01-14-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

I wish my neighbors tried to annoy me by blasting Purple, Sabs and Floyd, instead of the atrocious mainstream crap they play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    I wish my neighbors tried to annoy me by blasting Purple, Sabs and Floyd, instead of the atrocious mainstream crap they play.
    I rather don't have them blasting any music at all, I prefer listening to the music I want to hear at the time I want to hear it, wether it is Purple, Sabs or Floyd, or anything else for that matter.

There's a reality TV show in this, struggling to burst out.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Hell, buried in it somewhere is the next president of the United States.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    The Osbournes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Hell, buried in it somewhere is the next president of the United States.
    This is the very reason why the Founding Fathers put that clause in the Constitution about how the President has to have been born in this country, to save us from President Robbie Williams.

Two points:

--On this side of the Atlantic, Robbie Williams is a non-entity. Amazing that he made enough money in a relatively short burst of fame to afford the same neighborhood as Page.

--Based on the photo in that Guardian article, wow has Page aged badly. He's 75 but looks a decade older than that. Wages of sin and all that, I guess.

Given all the dark arts that we always assumed Page was dabbling in back in the day, Williams might want to be more careful... :

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    This is the very reason why the Founding Fathers put that clause in the Constitution about how the President has to have been born in this country, to save us from President Robbie Williams.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

I think Page actually looks okay for 75 when considering all he's done to himself up to this point. Certainly, he's not yet been hit by a Keith Richards-grade wrinkle grenade...

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    I think Page actually looks okay for 75 when considering all he's done to himself up to this point. Certainly, he's not yet been hit by a Keith Richards-grade wrinkle grenade...
    Indeed. He doesn't look like he used to when he played with Led Zeppelin, but a Keith Richard he isn't. Perhaps more a Steve Howe.

Jimmy's Last Stand.
    <sig out of order>