Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Avant-prog binge 2019

New tune by Loomings

https://youtu.be/Z-PtdHh8Dls

I was not that keen on the album they released a couple of years back on Altrock, however this tune is gorgeuous. Great playing too.

I understand there is a new album coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    WW: "I think of music as [education and/or] punishment"
    I think this fits right in with those new Alan Parsons and Jon Anderson tunes recently posted. I mean, there's still a discrepancy between the bliss of S/M and longing for a meatcleaver relief.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I think this fits right in with those new Alan Parsons and Jon Anderson tunes recently posted. I mean, there's still a discrepancy between the bliss of S/M and longing for a meatcleaver relief.

Banned
    Paracelze's 'Ptérodactyle', vinyl LP released on Cheap Satanism Records - Get A Life! Records, Lausanne, March 29, 2019.

https://paracelze.bandcamp.com/album/pt-rodactyle

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    HOLY SHIT

THE FLYING FUCKING LUTTENBACHERS ARE PLAYING IN LONDON

AND I HAVE GOT FUCKING TICKETS!!!1!!
    AND NOW I CAN'T DAMN WELL GO TO IT!

If anyone wants two free tickets to see Flying Luttenbachers this Friday night, 5th April, in Hackney then PM me. Tickets are in email form and can easily be sent on.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

^ What the goddarn hell happened? Something in the way?
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

^ What the goddarn hell happened? Something in the way?
    We found out that my wife is pregnant yesterday (a good thing, we wanted this). I think going out tomorrow night by myself and getting home drunk at 2am might be bad politics

Bandcamp Profile

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    We found out that my wife is pregnant yesterday (a good thing, we wanted this). I think going out tomorrow night by myself and getting home drunk at 2am might be bad politics
    Tell her "I'll be thinking of you babe!"

Congrats!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Well, that's what -I- did with my first wife (who was admittedly very young at the time) in early 1997, and she left me six-and-a-half years later.

We're still friends, though. And that kid of mine turned out wonderfully, so kudos and the best hopes for you guys too!!

( )

Go out by yourself
    Come home drunk at 2 am
    and
    Bring home Weasel Walter to momma!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Tell her "I'll be thinking of you babe!"
    !
    Even worse advice than my advice!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

If anyone wants two free tickets to see Flying Luttenbachers this Friday night, 5th April, in Hackney then PM me.
    You should announce this in one of the ongoing 6-7 Jon threads. They'll be all over those tickets in no time, each and every one eager to go and catch that live Weasel in action.

Banned
    That's exactly what I did after our wedding reception. There was no drinking allowed because of her family so I passed around a note to my peeps (no chicks) and after the reception we all went to a local pub and really tied one on! But my wife wasn't pregnant yet...

All the best!

Thanks for the kind thoughts, gents

Clearly this thread isn't just the place for talking avant prog, but also for great relationship advice ��. I'll let you know if I'm still married on Saturday.

Bandcamp Profile

You should announce this in one of the ongoing 6-7 Jon threads. They'll be all over those tickets in no time, each and every one eager to go and catch that live Weasel in action.
    One Live Weasel...could be just enough of a Yes connection.

Bandcamp Profile

Oh man, well congratulations!

One Live Weasel
    Masco man, you should seriously consider bringing wifey to Weasel's show and expose that tiny foetus to some mofo slowbrow Weasel-glow to grow. By doing that you can perhaps prevent the toddler from taking to whining about attending Jon concerts in 20 years' time. Although by that stage Jon might even have joined forces with the Weasel for some extremist zombie-wombie.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, gents

Clearly this thread isn't just the place for talking avant prog, but also for great relationship advice ��. I'll let you know if I'm still married on Saturday.
    I am in London but I can't risk a second divorce with the innocent line "there's a rock concert we could go tonight darling"...
    Divorces are so boring.

Congratulations!!.
    I went through something similar when Deep Purple came for the first time to CR: my wife gave me the “ok” and I was “well and drunk!” (that was for our second child ... )

Cheers!

np:
    Free Salamander Exhibit - Undestroyed. ... la dosis!!.
    Last edited by TCC; 04-05-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Masco man, you should seriously consider bringing wifey to Weasel's show and expose that tiny foetus to some mofo slowbrow Weasel-glow to grow. By doing that you can perhaps prevent the toddler from taking to whining about attending Jon concerts in 20 years' time. Although by that stage Jon might even have joined forces with the Weasel for some extremist zombie-wombie.
    I think we all know that exposing a tiny foetus to FL live would cause it to grow up into a monstrous World-destroying behemoth. I mean I can think of worse career paths (Tory MP for instance) but it's not what I'd really hope for.

Yeah, I chickened out and didn't go

Bandcamp Profile

^ Stayed at home and listened to the latest Styx, Alan Parsons and Jon, did we?

Especially Jon. In fact I dreamt about Jon last night. There were Spectrastral Crystals. He came downes from a suspended velvet trampoline to bring a message of spiritual unity, faith and fate. And all was one.

^ Stayed at home and listened to the latest Styx, Alan Parsons and Jon, did we?

Especially Jon. In fact I dreamt about Jon last night. There were Spectrastral Crystals. He came downes from a suspended velvet trampoline to bring a message of spiritual unity, faith and fate. And all was one.
    I actually felt it was time to delve into my REO Speedwagon collection. For that deep healing only they can bring.

All was one and one was all for all in all? And he was wearing that mauve satin jumpsuit with the tremalon spangles? I've had that dream!

Bandcamp Profile

^ There were in fact seven Jons in a row, wearing rainbow-coloured Yoruba robes with a sexless skirt (deep violet) and snowjogs (see underneath). He donned a speed-striped mullet too, very long and good lookin'. It was cha-cha Teakbois-time.

68060649.jpg

Very proud to share that I have finished work on the new Rascal Reporters album Redux, Vol. 1, available now, including a 14 minute avant-prog epic "Hubert Greenery Peck", the ever undulating "One Of Our Dogs Is Missing", a psyched out Steve Gore synth jazz rock piece from the 80s "Egos Explode" and more!

https://rascalreporters.bandcamp.com/album/redux-vol-1

I got new album of PoiL called Sus today. Sounds quite promising...
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/