Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: NEARFest 20th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Very nice. Did you cut the cover off to make such a clean piece?
    That would be blasphemy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's get you straightened out...

• Banco played at ProgFest 2000, NEARfest 2001 and NEARfest X (2008)
    • The first NEARfest was in 1999
    • Transatlantic played at NEARfest 2000 (the second NEARfest)
    Oops!! Thanks Chad. It wasn't until now that I saw he wrote "Progfest" and wasn't talking about Nearfest. Also, since I missed those first two Nearfests, I somehow was thinking TA played the first one, but of course that is not the case. Not sure how I messed up with Kenso, since I actually went to Wikipedia to look that one up because I wasn't sure of the year. And I still got it wrong! Oh well

Very nice. Did you cut the cover off to make such a clean piece?
    color copier on good photo paper using the photo selection

It’s essentially the same as the original cover - I didn’t want to cut up my programs

Quote Originally Posted by Prog Lives View Post
    color copier on good photo paper using the photo selection

It’s essentially the same as the original cover - I didn’t want to cut up my programs
    Excellent idea!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

I am forever grateful to PE's lovely Laurainspace for bringing me to my first NEARFest in 2003 (Magma/Camel). Too many musical highlights to mention, so I'll go with some
    non-musical ones for me:
    The vendor rooms (and putting faces to the mail-order vendors)
    Rob, Chad, and Kevin's group hug at the final NEARFest as Emerson's "Glorietta" blasted over the speakers to a standing ovation.
    "Sledding" down the hill on cardboard outside Zoellner.
    Standing on the top level of the parking garage and looking out over the beautiful Lehigh Valley... in that moment, everything felt right with the world.

Okay, one musical memory:
    Being captivated by Dave Kerman's performance with Present. I know there were other musicians up on stage, but I couldn't take my eyes off him.
    A year or so later and I was chatting with him as he manned a vending table. He stopped mid-sentence and said, "Would you like some couscous?"
    Thank you, Dave Kerman, for sustenance both musical and edible.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Excellent idea!
    Yes. Very good idea.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    As one of the 425 or so there in '99, I'll always have memories. ( I hope...turning 60 this year...)
    Was there at the Moravian College, and then at everyone after that one (Zoellner Center and Patriots Theater). Missed though few early shows at Lehigh as I was commuting every day. These were the days and great memories of it. Thanks Rob and Chad, and everyone else involved in the organization of these

PC

Quote Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
    Standing on the top level of the parking garage and looking out over the beautiful Lehigh Valley... in that moment, everything felt right with the world.
    I too have so many fond memories of these yearly excursions, but I have to whole-heartedly agree with this one. Myself and my buddies would always take at least one of the breaks hanging by the car in the garage and enjoying that Lehigh Valley countryside. I can still picture it now.

found under my bed the other day... THE BRIEFCASE

Quote Originally Posted by nearfest View Post
    found under my bed the other day... THE BRIEFCASE
    How many $$$$$ passed through that luggage over the years???
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

I imagine when Rob opened it, it was like when Travolta opened the brief case on Pulp Fiction. It was just an orange glow coming from it.

John Wetton saw into the briefcase during NF '12. He was like "wait a minute, is that filled with fucking money? My God, it's filled with fucking money! I thought that only existed in the movies"

The eons are closing
    Awesome...
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I'd like to know how many dollars passed through that case the two weekends in Trenton? I bet that eclipsed several "normal" years

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I'd like to know how many dollars passed through that case the two weekends in Trenton? I bet that eclipsed several "normal" years
    less actually. I had arranged for the headline acts to receive wire transfers of their fees.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Was that like James Bond's briefcase, where if you opened it the wrong way poisoned gas would be released?

John Wetton saw into the briefcase during NF '12. He was like "wait a minute, is that filled with fucking money? My God, it's filled with fucking money! I thought that only existed in the movies"
    was that Danger Money?
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

less actually. I had arranged for the headline acts to receive wire transfers of their fees.
    Ahh......probably a wise move!

Really you guys paid some bands in cash out of a briefcase!!? That *is* just like in the movies. I didn't think anyone actually did that either. Well at least I hope there was a good amount in the briefcase when you gave it to John, with the recent controversy and everything. UK were stupendously good that evening.

I had given the agreed upon fee to Eddie Jobson. He was the party that signed the contract, so he got the funds.

I had given the agreed upon fee to Eddie Jobson. He was the party that signed the contract, so he got the funds.
    And went running away saying “it’s all mine!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk