Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Canterbury Binge 2018-2019

Steve Gore was a sweet guy but truly a very, very sad and troubled soul.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Richard, thank you for sharing that story. Such a tragic turn of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Steve Gore was a sweet guy but truly a very, very sad and troubled soul.

Banned
    Thanks for the anecdote SS. You really do have some writing chops, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Was listening to this album today, and it hit me -- this song really reminds me of Egg circa The Polite Force.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy?
    Thanks for the heads up about this - I agree that the topping & tailing of Enamel Doll is very evocative of Dave Stewart, but, having got hold of the album, I'd say that for the most part, this is more fusion-y, although sometimes shading into the zone of a kind of cleaned-up Elephant9. For me, the only disappointing bits are when the shredding guitarist joins in to spoil the fun...

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    Thanks for the heads up about this - I agree that the topping & tailing of Enamel Doll is very evocative of Dave Stewart, but, having got hold of the album, I'd say that for the most part, this is more fusion-y, although sometimes shading into the zone of a kind of cleaned-up Elephant9. For me, the only disappointing bits are when the shredding guitarist joins in to spoil the fun...
    I know what you mean about the guitarist shredding, but for the most part it's not prevalent so I still enjoy this disc a great deal.

Also got the drummer Senri Kawaguchi's solo album Cider - Hard & Sweet, and it's pretty cool too! This kind of fusion from Japan can be a deep rabbit hole, but I've never regretted falling into it.

Got to give credit to Zalmoxe, who brought Kiyo*Sen and Senri Kawaguchi to my attention in the Japanese Rock thread.