Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Schmidt compares much more favorably to Robinson defensively than Brooks does to Schmidt offensively. It's not even close.

You never cease to prove your ignorance when talking about sports.
    Schmidt had 300 more home runs and Brooks had about 650 more hits. Only reason their averages were identical was Schmidt got walked a lot more times.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Is there any 500 HR hitter not in the HOF who's not omitted due to drugs?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Schmidt had 300 more home runs and Brooks had about 650 more hits. Only reason their averages were identical was Schmidt got walked a lot more times.
    Schmidt's career OPS was 128 points higher.

But please, do go on.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Schmidt's career OPS was 128 points higher.

But please, do go on.
    As much as I hate ESPN, even they ranked Schmidt higher. In fact, Brooks barely cracked the top five.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/page...d-basemen-ever

Although to their stupidity, they have Edgar Martinez on the list. But, still...
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Is there any 500 HR hitter not in the HOF who's not omitted due to drugs?
    Ken Griffey
    Frank Thomas
    Jim Thome

Ken Griffey
    Frank Thomas
    Jim Thome
    They are all in the HOF.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

They are all in the HOF.
    Oh, let's get technical!

They are all in the HOF.
    They weren't on the first list that I pulled up.

2010 article?
    Ian

Looks like 2018 ROY runner-up, Miguel Andujar, might be electing season-ending surgery. Stanton had another setback and Judge still has no timetable. While some players are finding their way back into the lineup, significant others are still on the IL.

Love them or hate them, there's quite a story brewing in NY about a team of relative no-names, retreads and rejects who are holding their own in the fight for the AL East. They proved the naysayers wrong by taking three straight series from teams with winning records and are defying the odds. Will it eventually catch up to them? Possibly. But, it's baseball and stranger things have happened.

Objectively, I think Cashman has a very good chance of being GM of the Year.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Is it only as of this season that what used to be called the "DL" is now called the "IL"? I understand the political correctness behind the change, but for some reason I hadn't noticed it until this spring, and wonder if I was just oblivious last year (or longer?).
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

The eons are closing
    Yes its new this year.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Is it only as of this season that what used to be called the "DL" is now called the "IL"? I understand the political correctness behind the change, but for some reason I hadn't noticed it until this spring, and wonder if I was just oblivious last year (or longer?).
    I've noticed announcers, commentators and managers have been having difficulty keeping it straight. "DL, IL, whatever".

^^ I get the reason for the change and I'm fine with it. How long until golfers no longer have handicaps?

The eons are closing
    Then IMO it just should have been changed to IR

10 Day IR retroactive.....

etc etc

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Well, look whose at the top of the AL East.

Thought you guys were only interested in the playoffs?
    Ian

Thought you guys were only interested in the playoffs?
    Never make assumptions. I listen to just about every game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Well, look whose at the top of the AL East.
    Tampa Bay

Tampa Bay
    Funny how that happens, huh?

Funny how that happens, huh?
    Stand on you head and it's Baltimore.

Looks like 2018 ROY runner-up, Miguel Andujar, might be electing season-ending surgery.
    And he's not being missed in the slightest. So far, Urshela has been a huge upgrade at the position over Andujar.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    And he's not being missed in the slightest. So far, Urshela has been a huge upgrade at the position over Andujar.
    I think the second best rookie from 2018 is being missed. They're just lucky to have a great replacement who has been playing above his pay grade. (They almost lost him this weekend, too.) Cashman and his team have done a great job, as has Boone.

I think the second best rookie from 2018 is being missed. They're just lucky to have a great replacement who has been playing above his pay grade. (They almost lost him this weekend, too.) Cashman and his team have done a great job, as has Boone.
    You are basing Andujar on 6 months of MLB work. Urshela now has nearly two months in for the NYY. It's a fair comparison. And when Andujar played for the NYY this year, he was easily the worst player on the team. And he was not injured for the majority of it.

Andujar is a problematic player because he's terrible defensively, but not quite good enough offensively to justify it at that position for a good team like the Yankees.

Urshela is an upgrade and I'm glad Andujar is out. The Yankees are a better team because of it.

blah blah blah. Some day you'll get over him and move on.