Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1351

Thread: MLB 2019

Brewers are one of two teams with winning record (now 13 games over 0.500) but with negative run differential (-24). Gotta win the close ones. Their only loss in the last 12 games was 10-0. Go Crew!

Sonny Gray set a major league record last night. It was his 32nd consecutive game with giving up 6 or less hits!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I'm curious to see if Judge can stop striking out before the end of the season. I still think he hasn't quite gotten over his left oblique strain that had him on the IL for a while. He's been able to throw a decent string of games together, but has been in a funk for the most part. Lots of called third strikes.

You never know with baseball. Maybe he'll find his stroke in time for October.

Stanton is playing for his first game since missing nearly three months with a right PCL strain. Tonight is his tenth game. Ten. A week ago, they had a problem about how he would fit into the lineup. But, then Tauchman went down and made it easy. See if he can hold up and be productive.

Literally, as I write this, he just hit a double in his first at bat.

Let's see who goes down tonight. Sabbathia is pitching. I think they're hoping for five innings to get what could be his last regular-season win as a Yankee. They might be starting with him and then bring German (arguably their best starter) for four innings to keep him fresh while also keeping his inning count down.

If CC can't give them four innings, it's a tough call to add him to the post-season roster. I suppose they'll do it out of respect. The guy is falling apart.

Baseball.
    Last edited by ronmac; 09-18-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Well, CC couldn't get out of the third. Two runs on five hits, two walks and four Ks. Hugs to the team.

Now, the Yankees have a tough decision to make. I don't think he should be on the post-season roster.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Lucky Man
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post

Baseball.
    My youngest son and I, when discussing the sport, say this very thing to one another. And likely in the tone you intended.
    Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.

Orioles score ten runs and still lose. Just how bad is their pitching.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Well, CC couldn't get out of the third. Two runs on five hits, two walks and four Ks. Hugs to the team.

Now, the Yankees have a tough decision to make. I don't think he should be on the post-season roster.
    CC's post season chances may have jumped up a bit. German will miss at least a week as MLB investigates a domestic violence issue.

https://www.mlb.com/news/domingo-ger...strative-leave

Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    CC's post season chances may have jumped up a bit. German will miss at least a week as MLB investigates a domestic violence issue.

https://www.mlb.com/news/domingo-ger...strative-leave
    Jeez.

I still don't think that helps CC's chances that much. They have four starters who are better and a solid bullpen. He has no place, IMO.

Jeez.

I still don't think that helps CC's chances that much. They have four starters who are better and a solid bullpen. He has no place, IMO.
    Since the plan seems to be to piggy-back starters in the PS except for Paxton, won't they need 5 starters? Who would be their 5th if not German?

Since the plan seems to be to piggy-back starters in the PS except for Paxton, won't they need 5 starters? Who would be their 5th if not German?
    I'm not sure it's their plan to piggy-back more than one spot in the rotation. I don't think they've announced the plan, though. That would be the fifth spot in the rotation behind Tanaka, Severino (hopefully), Paxton and Happ, assuming Happ earns a spot. Most teams don't use five starters in the PS, do they? Not sure what they'll do for that fourth or fifth spot. But, I'm not sure they need a fifth one. I could be mistaken, though. The have a few arms that can go multiple innings that are no less effective than CC. I guess we'll have to see how this plays out with German.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    He could be their for long relief if the bullpen gets worn out or games go extra innings but its a bit of a luxury.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I saw that Bppne announced that the Yankee starter usage in the PS would probably be altered with less innings asked of each guy and two paired up in some games. We will see. No doubt the pen will be leaned on.

No doubt the pen will be leaned on.
    As it has been all season. Oddly, they are the only team to not have any relievers pitch on three consecutive days.

Last night, Boone became the first manager in history to have 100 wins in his first two seasons.

Looks like the AL Wild Card race is down to three teams.

Looks like the AL Wild Card race is down to three teams.
    Cleveland is playing punching bags this week but next week they get the Phillies and Nationals, then back to the White Sux. Rays get the Red Sox, the Yankees fighting for home field, and then uh Toronto. It's going to be interesting.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

So, maybe the BoSox were wise in not signing Kimbrel. He's sucking big-time in Chicago and took a loss yesterday, giving up two dingers on two pitches and injecting some October life into the Cards. Nice bloated ERA at 6.53 with a stellar 0-4 record.

A league MVP goes down for the season and of course his team becomes the hottest team in MLB when that happens.

Another beer-soaked fairy tale thanks to the luck of the draw when this season was scheduled.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Jesus, the Tiger have 109 losses and only 45 wins. This is historically bad. I can't imagine they've ever had a worse season.

Oof. I wasn't expecting the Cubs to make a big noise in the post-season, but I sure didn't see this kind of meltdown coming. A team chock-full of talent that can't seem to put it together. I suppose that means that Maddon will be looking for a job this fall; at least that seems to be the way these things usually go. Personally, I think the FO's approach to the pitching staff is the real problem, but what do I know - I'm just a fan. Ah well, at least I won't be spending an inordinate amount of discretionary time watching baseball in October...

Go Brewers and Twins!!!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

So, maybe the BoSox were wise in not signing Kimbrel. He's sucking big-time in Chicago and took a loss yesterday, giving up two dingers on two pitches and injecting some October life into the Cards. Nice bloated ERA at 6.53 with a stellar 0-4 record.
    9 HRs allowed in 20 innings for Kimbral. Can't get much worse than that. The current Sox closer Brandon Workman has a BA against around .130 this year. He's been great though he did not start the year as the closer.

Jesus, the Tiger have 109 losses and only 45 wins. This is historically bad. I can't imagine they've ever had a worse season.
    They lost 119 games 16 years ago. Made the WS 3 years later.

They lost 119 games 16 years ago. Made the WS 3 years later.
    I forgot all about that. They came so close to the Mets' record of futility. Of course the Mets had an excuse in '62.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Orioles score ten runs and still lose. Just how bad is their pitching.
    They score ten runs again and lose.

guess you answered your own question
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    They score ten runs again and lose.
    They score eleven runs tonight and win. Maybe eleven is the lucky number.

Brewers locked up a playoff trip and if they win today they're only 1 game behind the Cards

much like last September, they're doing it on the backs of pitchers that teams gave up on years ago...Gio, Pomeranz, Lyles...and Hader of course
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com