Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2019

Meanwhile, the Phillies put up a 10-spot on the Mets tonight.

In the first inning.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Here's tonight's Yankees lineup:

2B LeMahieu
    RF Judge
    1B Voit
    SS Torres
    DH Frazier
    3B Urshela
    CF Gardner
    C Romine
    LF Tauchman

That's just not a very good lineup.

Things are looking pretty bad when Luke Voit and his .328 on-base percentage are hitting third.
    Yet, they kicked Chris Sales and the Red Sox's ass tonight, didn't they?

Why don't you just root for another team?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Red Sox are seriously sucking ass at the moment
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Yelich went yard again (2 men on) tonight. Currently batting .357 with 9 HRs, and the macabre efficiency of having 25 hits and 25 RBIs!

They won again.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Yet, they kicked Chris Sales and the Red Sox's ass tonight, didn't they?

Why don't you just root for another team?
    The Yankees are my favorite team. I'm upset that injuries have reduced the roster to a pile of garbage.

And I'm intrigued by the existence of somebody who actually can't comprehend that.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The Yankees are my favorite team. I'm upset that injuries have reduced the roster to a pile of garbage.

And I'm intrigued by the existence of somebody who actually can't comprehend that.
    I fully comprehend that, which I think I have made pretty clear. It's is beyond frustrating. But, you seem to be really upset and I'm concerned for your personal well-being. You might want to consider rooting for a team that gives you lower expectations. Your days will look a lot brighter.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Oh the Yankee expectations are pretty low
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Oh the Yankee expectations are pretty low
    Of course, I was referring to the outset of the season. Just about every team's expectations change after the season begins.

Of course, I was referring to the outset of the season. Just about every team's expectations change after the season begins.
    Except the Marlins'.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Except the Marlins'.
    Well, it is baseball, after all.

BTW, it's nice to see the proper use of a plural possessive apostrophe. If there's one thing that drives me nuts, it's the misuse of apostrophe's.

Nice that the Cubs have had the Fish and now the D'backs to try and get well against. But then it's back to reality. If Javy Baez stays healthy, he's on track for another All-Star turn. He doesn't have Yelich-type numbers ( ), but I love the way he plays the game - fun to watch.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Nice that the Cubs have had the Fish and now the D'backs to try and get well against. But then it's back to reality. If Javy Baez stays healthy, he's on track for another All-Star turn. He doesn't have Yelich-type numbers ( ), but I love the way he plays the game - fun to watch.
    As much as I love Orlando Arcia's glove, range and arm (maybe the best in MLB @ SS), if Javy was the Brewer's SS, because of his bat (& he's no slouch defensively to say the least) the Brewers, with the rest of their current lineup, would be far & away the best team in baseball and capable of 105 wins imho.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    As much as I love Orlando Arcia's glove, range and arm (maybe the best in MLB @ SS), if Javy was the Brewer's SS, because of his bat (& he's no slouch defensively to say the least) the Brewers, with the rest of their current lineup, would be far & away the best team in baseball and capable of 105 wins imho.
    And SS isn't even his natural position! Agreed, though, him alongside the rest of the current Yeasties would be tres formidable.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

So, is it my imagination, or are games starting earlier this year? I've seen a lot of them beginning at 6:35 instead of 7:05.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Red Sox are seriously sucking ass at the moment
    Yeah, you ain't kidding. Winning a WS isn't easy and repeating, in today's MLB, is near impossible. I feel like this is the 3rd year of 3 in Boston's best window. It would be best if they knew by June 1 if they are seriously contending. If not, they should sell off. They seriously need salary relief and/or an infusion of minor league talent.

As much as I don't want the team to lose, these things go season by season. I think they made the right decisions so far for the long term except for the Sale extension.* It's good they didn't re-sign Kimbrel for a variety of reasons. There's already some talk about them selling off pieces. There are some pieces come June/July they could trade for future assets. I don't see them signing Mookie. Then depending on how things go, you have everyone from J.D. and JBJ to Porcello.

*The one thing that struck me about the Sale extension was that it was a real vote of confidence that Sale was "back to form". I mean, it's one thing to have your manager go out there and talk to the press and say how healthy Sale is. It's another thing to throw money at it - a lot of money. So to have him come out of the gate with reduced velocity is very concerning. Considering what had happened last year, you'd think they would have him pitch through a few months this year before talking extension. Even if he had started the season blazing, it was a foolhardy move imo.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

^^ If it wasn't for the Marlins, they'd have the worst run differential in the majors at a whopping -49.

Looks like the Brittle Bronx Bombers lost another one today.

Oh....and Yelich is an absolute beast!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Looks like the Brittle Bronx Bombers lost another one today.

Oh....and Yelich is an absolute beast!
    "There go the Judge, there go the Judge"

The Yeasties didn't even need Braun's 3-run shot after Yelich's 2 more (they won 5-0 with an assemblage of relievers). I am definitely not saying that Yelich is necessarily a better player than Trout (he isn't imo), but Rainbow hasn't ever had a streak quite like this (going back to last Sep-Oct).

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    "There go the Judge, there go the Judge"

The Yeasties didn't even need Braun's 3-run shot after Yelich's 2 more (they won 5-0 with an assemblage of relievers). I am definitely not saying that Yelich is necessarily a better player than Trout (he isn't imo), but Rainbow hasn't ever had a streak quite like this (going back to last Sep-Oct).
    It's amazing that Yelich has hit all of his home runs at home.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Yes, Judge was #14 yesterday.

Meanwhile the Red Sox still suck and they're healthy. Looks like it could be another first-to-worst season, which they seemed to have cornered the market on.

Of course, it's still way too early for most teams to assume where they'll be in October. But, I'm enjoying their suckiness while I can.

Yes, Judge was #14 yesterday.

Meanwhile the Red Sox still suck and they're healthy. Looks like it could be another first-to-worst season, which they seemed to have cornered the market on.

Of course, it's still way too early for most teams to assume where they'll be in October. But, I'm enjoying their suckiness while I can.
    And I'm enjoying that the Yankees can't take advantage of it.

You can't go from first to worst without being first. Like Ian said, if that's what it takes, keep it coming baby.

The Sox can tank for all it matters to me. They got their ring. When you win a WS like the Sox just did, you have no place to go but down. Modern baseball is not structured for dynasties. And nobody remembers the runner up, so whether you finish in 2nd or in 30th means little in the end. As mentioned earlier, I just hope we know for sure by June so they can get value for the assets they aren't retaining for their next WS run. Maybe they can turn things around. And they are dangerous if they do. IMO, the worst thing the could do is be "barely competitive" and miss both opportunities to either win or sell off.

^ Go with that.

I’m not sure what that means lol, but I’m not not your average tribal sports fan either.

Anyway, the Sox swept the 1st place Rays so maybe they woke.

They're not just woke, they're lit.
    Ian

What a day for Boston sports yesterday. Bruins get it to a game 7, Celtics sweep their first round series and the Sox sweep the 1st place Rays.

The Yanks meanwhile looking to make a deal for a new trainer, apparently?