Thread: MLB 2019

  1. #426
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,136
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    See if they can follow this one with something better than last place for a change.
    If last place is the result after winning it all we'd all sign up for that without a second thought.
    Ian

    Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  2. #427
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Right Coast
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    Another Championship banner just raised at Fenway. Never gets old.
    Ain't it time for your guys to go on another 85 year losing streak or something
    Far too much winning coming from Beantown lately. Enjoy it

  3. #428
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    1,865
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    If last place is the result after winning it all we'd all sign up for that without a second thought.

  4. #429
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    If last place is the result after winning it all we'd all sign up for that without a second thought.
    As long as they take away home runs from the opposing teams in the playoffs you can't help but win.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

  5. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    As long as they take away home runs from the opposing teams in the playoffs you can't help but win.
    You think fans should be able to interfere with a fielder when a ball is in play? Yeah, that's not the rule. Mookie had that ball lined up till his glove got hit. He's that good. Oh and 11-3.

    Anyway...2019. I heard this yesterday...the Sox starting rotation makes more $ than 9 teams. Should let them know spring training is over.

  6. #431
    Geriatric Anomaly progeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    11,318
    While their record is still 8-4, it is now patently obvious that the Brewers overestimated the effectiveness of their young guns pitching staff.

    Their offensive powerhouse lineup notwithstanding, they won't repeat their success of last year (or imo even come close) with Knebel gone for the season, Jimmy Nelson's return after 18 months an uncertainty and Jeffress still rehabbing, if they don't deal for established pitching help, and at this point EITHER starter or reliever help will do.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

    President Harry S. Truman

  7. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    You think fans should be able to interfere with a fielder when a ball is in play? Yeah, that's not the rule. Mookie had that ball lined up till his glove got hit. He's that good. Oh and 11-3.
    I didn't see the play, but if his hand was over the wall, it's fair game, IMO.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

    - Dr. Winston O'Boogie

  8. #433
    Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    You think fans should be able to interfere with a fielder when a ball is in play? Yeah, that's not the rule. Mookie had that ball lined up till his glove got hit. He's that good. Oh and 11-3.

    Anyway...2019. I heard this yesterday...the Sox starting rotation makes more $ than 9 teams. Should let them know spring training is over.
    The fan didn't reach over the fence, he stood still with his hands cupped to catch the ball and the fielder reached over the fence and hit his hands with his glove. That's not fan interference, that's taking a home run away from Altuve and altering the playoffs just like the Rams/Saints game.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

  9. #434
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,136
    Ian

    Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  10. #435
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    4,156
    It's 2019, right?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

  11. #436
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The fan didn't reach over the fence, he stood still with his hands cupped to catch the ball and the fielder reached over the fence and hit his hands with his glove. That's not fan interference, that's taking a home run away from Altuve and altering the playoffs just like the Rams/Saints game.
    There is no angle on replay or picture that shows Mookie's glove beyond the wall line. If you find one I'd love to see it. He was a couple feet from the wall when he leaped. His glove was above the fence and a fan did reach forward. It was fan interference just like they called it and reviewed it. And it wasn't a game 7 situation like a playoff football. Btw, Sox won the series by taking FOUR straight.

  12. #437
    Member Jerjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    small town in ND
    Posts
    4,250
    This is about like when I used to run into a Braves fan and he always wanted to re-litigate the '91 Series where apparently EVERYTHING depended on whether or not Hrbek illegally pulled a guy off base. Get fucking over it. As a recovering Vikings fan I've had to get over a lot of butthurt.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

  13. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    There is no angle on replay or picture that shows Mookie's glove beyond the wall line. If you find one I'd love to see it. He was a couple feet from the wall when he leaped. His glove was above the fence and a fan did reach forward. It was fan interference just like they called it and reviewed it. And it wasn't a game 7 situation like a playoff football. Btw, Sox won the series by taking FOUR straight.
    55 seconds in it shows his glove over the top of the wall hitting the fans hand.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKOt2T70SBg
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

  14. #439
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,136
    Funny, I see a fan leaning out over the wall with his hands extended in front of him. If he's leaning on the wall & his arms are extended, he's in the field of play.
    Ian

    Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  15. #440
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    1,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It's 2019, right?
    Not when agendas are at the forefront of one's mind.

  16. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    55 seconds in it shows his glove over the top of the wall hitting the fans hand.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKOt2T70SBg
    That's what I see.

    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Funny, I see a fan leaning out over the wall with his hands extended in front of him. If he's leaning on the wall & his arms are extended, he's in the field of play.
    I don't see that at all.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

    - Dr. Winston O'Boogie

  17. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    55 seconds in it shows his glove over the top of the wall hitting the fans hand.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKOt2T70SBg
    Notice the glove above the wall. With this angle there is no evidence that it is past it. Mookie doesn't even touch the wall till he is well on his way down. But whatever, believe what you want. A bunch of rings were handed out at Fenway this week signifying who was the best team in baseball last year. Go Sox!

  18. #443
    Geriatric Anomaly progeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    11,318
    Today's question is: How many dead horses can be beaten over one f*****g play?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

    President Harry S. Truman

  19. #444
    Braves are locking up all their young guys.

    For all the Braves fans butthurt about not signing Keuchel or Kimbrel, I’d ask them what they’d rather have: a high priced free agent or Albies and Acuña for the better part of the next ten years.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

  20. #445
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Today's question is: How many dead horses can be beaten over one f*****g play?
    Jeffrey Maier anyone?
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

    - Dr. Winston O'Boogie

  21. #446
    Member Jerjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    small town in ND
    Posts
    4,250
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Today's question is: How many dead horses can be beaten over one f*****g play?
    See: What is Prog?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

  22. #447
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Braves are locking up all their young guys.

    For all the Braves fans butthurt about not signing Keuchel or Kimbrel, I’d ask them what they’d rather have: a high priced free agent or Albies and Acuña for the better part of the next ten years.
    The baseball world is going apeshit over these low-ball signings.

    The next labor negotiations should be fun.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

  23. #448
    Gary Sanchez (who has been hitting pretty well and helping to keep the team relevant) on the IL with a calf strain. That's number 12 for those counting.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

    - Dr. Winston O'Boogie

  24. #449
    Geriatric Anomaly progeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    11,318
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Gary Sanchez (who has been hitting pretty well and helping to keep the team relevant) on the IL with a calf strain. That's number 12 for those counting.
    The only people counting are people from one large urban area and you.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

    President Harry S. Truman

  25. #450
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    The only people counting are people from one large urban area and you.
    And millions of other fans around the world, my good man. They are the most popular team, whether anyone wants to admit it or not.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

    - Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •