Thread: MLB 2019

^^ The Yankees have more wins that the entire AL East combined.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Opening Day in Philly was a blast! This team is going to rake. Wonder how often teams are going to pitch around Harper to get to Hoskins....
    Hope they can get at least some decent pitching, outside of Nola.

The NL East is going to be brutal this year. Lots of improvement all over (sit down, Marlins), and should be a very tight race.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

^^ Yep, that NL East is one hell of a division. Should go down to the wire.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Brewers take a shotgun blast to the gut on day 2. Knebel=TJ surgery=Bye Bye for 2019 & perhaps beyond

Jeffress won't be back for 3 weeks or so.

Now we have to deal. Hader can't pitch every day (yesterday he pitched to 6 and struck out 5 & popped up the 6th).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

^^^ Craig Kimbrel says hi.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

In the “that’s why they play the games” department, Eovaldi gives up 6 runs, but it’s the Sox bullpen that 4 innings of no hit ball. Sox come back and win 7-6.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    In the “that’s why they play the games” department, Eovaldi gives up 6 runs, but it’s the Sox bullpen that 4 innings of no hit ball. Sox come back and win 7-6.
    That's two pretty bad starts. Any concern with Sale?

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Watching Marlins/Rockies. The new logo is okay. Better than the last, Mickey mouse bull**** logo.

I think it's a great logo.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

You can barely see the logo on the black cap. Whatever, we won, but I gotta complain about something.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    You can barely see the logo on the black cap. Whatever, we won, but I gotta complain about something.....
    I think you'll have a lot to complain about this year, Vic.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Of course Scott. And Dolphins are tanking too.

Yelich is the first reigning MVP in history to go yard in each of the following season's first 3 games.

In today's 4th game in his first at bat, he became only the 8th player ever to homer in the first 4 games of a season.

I guess last season wasn't a fluke (yeah it's early, but do you really want to doubt this guy?).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Yelich is the first reigning MVP in history to go yard in each of the following season's first 3 games.

In today's 4th game in his first at bat, he became only the 8th player ever to homer in the first 4 games of a season.

I guess last season wasn't a fluke (yeah it's early, but do you really want to doubt this guy?).
    Yelich is a stud, and I'm not looking forward to seeing him 18 times with the Cubs' bullpen looking just as porous as it was last year, so far. Same as it ever was...
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Yelich is a stud, and I'm not looking forward to seeing him 18 times with the Cubs' bullpen looking just as porous as it was last year, so far. Same as it ever was...
    Subsequent to my posting about his early 4th game dinger, in the bottom of the 9th, the Brewers came up down 4-3. Yelich comes up with one out & 2 on and hits a gapper that scores both runners to win the game.

Roy Hobbs is back!

Anyone else's team undefeated?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Anyone else’s team only defeated?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Anyone else’s team only defeated?
    No, but the last time the Sox started out this bad starter-wise over the first four games was in 1908.

Subsequent to my posting about his early 4th game dinger, in the bottom of the 9th, the Brewers came up down 4-3. Yelich comes up with one out & 2 on and hits a gapper that scores both runners to win the game.

Roy Hobbs is back!
    Yes sir, very impressive. Coming to any games? Wonder what will happen when the Bucks season finally ends?
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Nope, but the Yankees' best season ever started at 1-4.

So, there's that.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

To say the Brewers will win 13 games less than in 2018, given that their roster is better than a year ago (yeah, they need one starter, but only one, and I have a feeling they'll address that) is imo objectively ridiculous.
    The metrics don't measure everything, obviously. They still need one for chemistry, right. And then there is reality of what actually happens,
    A few years ago the Royals were similarly slighted and of course they were in the WS 2 years in a row. I don't think the Fangraph metrics ever had them above 85 wins going into either season. They were also a team that relied on their bullpen to carry a big load.

Anyway, amazing start for Yellich.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Nope, but the Yankees' best season ever started at 1-4.

So, there's that.
    So they went 113-44 after that, right. A .720 win pct. Amazing! Boy I hated that.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Yes sir, very impressive. Coming to any games? Wonder what will happen when the Bucks season finally ends?
    If my son decides to drive down with my daughter-in-law & granddaughter I'll make them take me, but I'm done going alone when I can watch the game from my easy chair with libations and at the ready.

I don't have the digestive system and bladder at 74 to really enjoy going to Miller Park (believe me I wish I did).

Quote Originally Posted by ledsox View Post
    So they went 113-44 after that, right. A .720 win pct. Amazing! Boy I hated that.
    Don't forget the 11-2 post-season record.

That 125 wins.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Fuck! The injury bug has nailed NY.

Severino, Betances, Hicks, before the season started. Today, Stanton and Andujar.

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie