Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We apologize on his behalf...

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I think JIF were initials. Jordan somethingorother.
    That's correct, and he does in fact live in California, not Florida. I see him posting on artists' FB pages all the time...
    Two boys have been found rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.

Also, I believe JIF was basically a well-meaning music lover with absolutely zero social skills. He was never hateful or violent IIRC.

I would agree that "malicious" was never part of JIF's resume.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I would agree that "malicious" was never part of JIF's resume.
    JIF was definitely curt but I just ignored his schtick... not as bad as some others IIRC

JIF, if I remember correctly, had some sort of disability that resulted in an extreme lack of social graces/intelligence. He would get upset when one of his threads would go off in a tangent and he'd try to moderate the thread, which usually resulted in a meltdown. And yeah, I think he was in CA. PeterG was similar in his need to mod his own threads, though not as extreme. He was obsessed with lists to an irritating degree.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Did he too get The New Joke thread closed/locked?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    JIF, if I remember correctly, had some sort of disability that resulted in an extreme lack of social graces/intelligence. He would get upset when one of his threads would go off in a tangent and he'd try to moderate the thread, which usually resulted in a meltdown. And yeah, I think he was in CA. PeterG was similar in his need to mod his own threads, though not as extreme. He was obsessed with lists to an irritating degree.
    Don't recall the poster in question, but I am a member of another forum where there are a number of people with Aspergers / high-functioning autism. In general they are quite thoughtful and circusmspect posters who have worked hard to be able to interact that way despite their autism. Now I am sure there are other people out there posting who have autism and display the kind of behaviours that JIF did. But it's my strong suspicion that there are also quite a few rude assholes with no social graces on the internet who like to hide behind the pretence of autism when they get called on their bullshit.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

PeterG was okay by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    PeterG was okay by me.

I think I remember JIF mentioning he lived in a Group Home under supervision.....he claimed he is unable to pick up on social cues.....which can be disastrous on a text only internet forum...
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Is this JIF person one of the aforementioned banned ones? Any other aliases?
    Man you guys take awfully seriously a bunch of pampered, spoiled twenty and thirty something year old jocks earning millions of dollars to play a game running up and down a field. Why do you care so much about these guys to the point of arguing with each other. Do you think they care an iota about you?

Bartellb on pro football

Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Is this JIF person one of the aforementioned banned ones? Any other aliases?
    He was banned, yes, and did have one other alias that only lasted for a few days when he tried to come back. From what I've seen, he's never come back since - he seems to stick to FB. He does have a legitimate disability, which as mentioned left him unable to follow social norms, but is otherwise harmless. The type of behaviour exhibited the other night would never have come from him.
    Two boys have been found rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.

Good riddance.

If PE has the evidence and doesn't report him to authorities, they are complicit in any acts of violence he takes.

It's not always convenient to do the right thing. But, you'd rather err on the side of caution.

Do the right thing and contact the authorities.

While there may be reasons for not doing, they are not excuses.
    The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone.

Is it established that the typing-spelling "thing" was a prearranged scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Good riddance.

If PE has the evidence and doesn't report him to authorities, they are complicit in any acts of violence he takes.

It's not always convenient to do the right thing. But, you'd rather err on the side of caution.

Do the right thing and contact the authorities.

While there may be reasons for not doing, they are not excuses.
    I provided Sean, Cozy, and Duncan with the offenders information if they want to pursue it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    PeterG was okay by me.
    Yeah, I had no problem with him or his posts.
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    There is one, where the mods discuss board-specific stuff.

If you forward something to one of us in a PM, we'll copy/paste it into the private Mods section of the board.
    Does flagging (clicking the triangle with the exclamation point) the PM automatically send that to the mods?

I think JIF were initials. Jordan somethingorother.
    Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Also, I believe JIF was basically a well-meaning music lover with absolutely zero social skills. He was never hateful or violent IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    He was banned, yes, and did have one other alias that only lasted for a few days when he tried to come back. From what I've seen, he's never come back since - he seems to stick to FB. He does have a legitimate disability, which as mentioned left him unable to follow social norms, but is otherwise harmless. The type of behaviour exhibited the other night would never have come from him.
    Agree with all of this. I found JIF as irritating as most, but given his disability, I tried to overlook some of his awkwardness. But he did make it difficult sometimes.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Does flagging (clicking the triangle with the exclamation point) the PM automatically send that to the mods?
    Yes.

Clicking the triangle with the exclamation point on a regular post just sends us the link to the post.

Clicking the triangle with the exclamation point on a PM sends us the text of the post.
    Last edited by Duncan Glenday; 12-29-2018 at 08:06 PM.
    Regards,

Duncan

This place has become the "Cheers" of the Internet.
    -- Rushfan

What happened to the The New Joke thread?

^^^^

The alien Alf had taken over Shadow's profile

and MrsKittysmom was threatening to leave the site
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

So, having a disorder here gives you a pass at being an ass? I vote that we all share our disorders, For me, its stupidity. please be patient with me. I have a disorder.
    I got nothin'

...avoiding any implication that I have ever entertained a cognizant thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    What happened to the The New Joke thread?
    Tough room?

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    So, having a disorder here gives you a pass at being an ass?
    Only if you can also rhyme.

Last edited by moecurlythanu; 12-29-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    So, having a disorder here gives you a pass at being an ass? I vote that we all share our disorders, For me, its stupidity. please be patient with me. I have a disorder.
    I'm on another forum for a computer baseball game were a guy is constantly negative and nasty. When anyone calls him on it, he goes all "poor me, I'm sick and in pain and you make fun of me". Being sick or disabled does not give you the right to treat everyone else like dirt.