Thread: Why does the porridge-bird lay its egg in the air?

Why does the porridge-bird lay its egg in the air?

Discuss.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

I saw 50% of the Firesign last year and they discussed this very thing among many other things.

Try asking Siri that question sometime. Seriously.

p.s. : The answer (according to them and they should know) is because humans have destroyed all the trees.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Big Firesign Theater fan here. Used to have all the LPs, but never made the jump to CD. Great headphones in the dark albums... Loved their Shakespeare take-off album.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I saw 50% of the Firesign last year and they discussed this very thing among many other things.

Try asking Siri that question sometime. Seriously.

p.s. : The answer (according to them and they should know) is because humans have destroyed all the trees.
    For those of us without Siri (wouldn't buy an Apple product if it was free), what does it say?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Big Firesign Theater fan here. Used to have all the LPs, but never made the jump to CD. Great headphones in the dark albums... Loved their Shakespeare take-off album.
    ....Then we would get a King Biscuit concert. FM radio was really great at one time.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Fireside ruled!

I hope nobody minds me bumping an old thread but I happen to know the answer to this question, and it is not the one mentioned above. The way the question is phrased is the key and that is not the same phrasing in the thread title. The question is heard in more than one FST recording and is phrased "Why does the porridge bird lay his egg in the air?" There is a small difference. Can you find it? It is very similar to another familiar riddle, which you may have heard, that goes "If a rooster laid an egg on top of a hen house, which way would the egg fall?" The answer also is similar to the answer to the Firesign riddle. If nobody gets it before long, I will explain it. Discuss.

Huh. I always thought the word was "its", not "his"; will have to play "Bozos" tonight...

If a rooster lays an egg anywhere and it hatches, the result is a cockatrice.

Cockatrice.jpg