Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Barres Tull 50th anniversary tour

Martin Barres Tull 50th anniversary tour

In 1969, a band of four English musicians arrived in New York and literally took America by storm. Over the next 50 years, this legendary band accumulated over 65 million record sales and a following of loyal fans that are the envy of rock bands worldwide! This band was Jethro Tull. At the centre of Tull’s unique sound is guitarist Martin Barre. Renowned for his formidable mastery of historic riffs, power chords and soaring melodic solos. Martin is celebrating the fifty-year anniversary of Jethro Tull, with a ‘Tour of Tours’. An event to do justice to Tull’s amazing history. He will be bringing a spectacular show with his touring band, featuring Dan Crisp on lead vocals, Alan Thomson on keyboard, Darby Todd on Drums, with Becca Langsford and Ali Hart on vocals. Plus, two very special guests – Jonathan Noyce and Clive Bunker; both of whom performed with Tull for many years and were an important part of their success. The show will also feature a special multi-media presentation that, together with the music, highlights the 50 years of Jethro Tull musical career.
    This is the most significant Tull show of the past two decades, truly a very special concert that will do justice to the legend.

Some tour dates still to be announced

Upcoming Tour Events
    Stand Up America: 50 Years of Jethro Tull Tour

APR 4-7
    The Egyptian Theatre
    Park City Utah

APR 12-13
    Strand Theater
    Glens Falls NY

APR 18
    Lebanon Opera House
    Lebanon, New Hampshire

APR 19
    Tupelo Music Hall
    Derry, New Hampshire

APR 20
    Academy of Music Theatre
    Northampton, Massachusetts

APR 21
    Sellersville Theater
    Sellersville Pennsylvania

APR 23
    The Birchmere
    Alexandria Virginia

APR 23
    Rams Head On Stage
    Annapolis, Maryland

APR 24
    Ridgefield Playhouse
    Ridgefield Connecticut

APR 26
    YMCA Boulton Center
    Bay Shore NY

APR 27
    The Newton Theatre
    Newton, New Jersey

MAY 2
    Key West Theater
    Key West, Florida

MAY 4
    ROSFest
    Sarasota, Florida

MAY 10
    The Arcada Theater
    St Charles Illinois

MAY 17-18
    Wildey Theater
    Edwardsville Illinois

AUGUST 2
    A New Day Festival
    Faversham Kent UK

AUGUST 10
    Fairport Conventions Croperdy Festival
    Croperdy UK
    Last edited by Wah3; 12-27-2018 at 01:45 PM.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Should be great. Hope they add west coast dates.

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    Should be great. Hope they add west coast dates.
    Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Seconded!

Date Location Venue Ticket

20 February 2019 Portland, OR Aladdin Theater TICKETS
    22 February 2019 Spokane, WA The Bing Crosby Theater TICKETS
    23 February 2019 Yakima, WA The Seasons Performance Center TICKETS
    27&28 February 2019 Mill Valley, CA Sweetwater Music Hall TICKETS
    1 March 2019 West Oakland, CA Yoshi’s TICKETS
    2 March 2019 Bakersfield, CA Buck Owens Crystal Palace TICKETS
    3 March 2019 Santa Cruz, CA Moe’s Alley TICKETS
    6 & 7 March 2019 Carlsbad, CA Museum Of Making Music TICKETS
    8 March 2019 Laguna Beach, CA Mozambique Club TICKETS
    10 March 2019 Westlake Village, CA Bogie's Bar TICKETS

He playing in St Charles IL at The Arcada Theater as well. I didn't know he has a keyboard player now. Hmmmmm..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    He playing in St Charles IL at The Arcada Theater as well. I didn't know he has a keyboard player now. Hmmmmm..........................
    Alan Thompson is MB's bassist. Previously played bass with Rick Wakeman and Pentangle. Never seen or heard him touch a key. That is probably an error by the publicist. Good news about possible midwest dates!

Isn't Jonathan Noyce the bassist for this trek? If so, might explain why that guy is on keys now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Isn't Jonathan Noyce the bassist for this trek? If so, might explain why that guy is on keys now.
    Yep, and I find that rather interesting and cool, that Martin is bringing together two former members who never played in Tull together (by a long shot!)
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I got a notification of the Lebanon, NH show going on sale the other day for Jethro Tull. There's a picture of Ian Anderson and his current band on the notification along with a link for tickets. But when you get to the Lebanon Opera House, it's the Martin Barre 50th Anniversary show. This is going to confuse some people who aren't hardcore fans who don't know the band's recent history. But I guess Tull's audience/Martin Barre's audience are now mostly hardcore?

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    But I guess Tull's audience/Martin Barre's audience are now mostly hardcore?

Martin's audience is hardcore. I went to an IA/Tull show this summer and can confirm that he still gets a lot of yahoos.

I am thinking those west coast dates will not include noyce and bunker as it says the tour will start in april but fingers crossed.

I think those west coast dates are Martin's regular band. Looking at his website the Tull 50th anniversary tour starts in April.
    http://martinbarre.com/martin-barre-tour/

Alan Thomson does seem primarily a bass player but his website says he "had a spell on tour as keyboard player for Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler’s solo project"
    Last edited by Wah3; 12-27-2018 at 01:49 PM.

And now Martin has announced Dee (David) Palmer has joined the band for this tour as well!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I have tickets for Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz. I was hoping that Clive Bunker would be part of that. Still, it should be good. Send up a flag if you'll be there, and we'll shake hands hands at the least.

It should be a good month, Nick Mason isn't too long afterwards.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    I think those west coast dates are Martin's regular band. Looking at his website the Tull 50th anniversary tour starts in April.
    http://martinbarre.com/martin-barre-tour/

Alan Thomson does seem primarily a bass player but his website says he "had a spell on tour as keyboard player for Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler’s solo project"
    That’s a shame! I really wanted to see the 50th anniversary tour. I’ll pass as I have three shows lined up in March already: Nick Mason, Brand X and BOC, three nights in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    And now Martin has announced Dee (David) Palmer has joined the band for this tour as well!
    Although apparently it is Dee in, Jonathan Noyce out.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Although apparently it is Dee in, Jonathan Noyce out.
    Don’t see this announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Don’t see this announcement.
    The Dee Palmer announcement was official, direct from Martin, but I haven't seen anything official yet about Jonathan Noyce. However there have been several comments I've been reading that say he was unable to do the tour, and the bassist from the MB band will be playing instead...

This also makes it look like Noyce is out:

49522511_10155685560701353_2951531208330182656_n.jpg
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yep, and I find that rather interesting and cool, that Martin is bringing together two former members who never played in Tull together (by a long shot!)
    Absofruitly.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I wonder if he will swing back to the Bay Area with the "reunion" band?
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Martin Barres Tull 50th anniversary tour

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    I wonder if he will swing back to the Bay Area with the "reunion" band?
    That would be nice of him!

From Jonathan Noyce:

A happy new year to you all.

Since some of you have been asking, I will not be joining Martin Barre on any future dates, as had been planned.
    I was only able to commit in part to the run of shows in the USA. Martin has made the decision to carry on the project without me. This is not entirely bad news as the legendary Dee Palmer has agreed to join the party and, to his own relief, the band's bass player will now not be playing keyboards.

All is well.

Wishing you all a loving and peaceful 2019.

Jonathan

Well, if I had to trade out a former member of Tull for another i'd say this works out pretty good.

I was quite bummed that I missed this tour, so I ordered Barre’s 50th anniversary live/studio album. It arrived today. I figured I’d head over here to see what the consensus is before spinning it, and lo! it seems there are not thoughts posted about this album.

A PE oversight or am I in the wrong thread? Hmmm ...
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.