Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ringers- 2013's Must See Fusion Show!

Thanks so much Sean!

Great, Sean..thanks!

Just let us know what you think after you listen.

I'm spinning it now, and haven't made it to the end...but I've seen Herring, Landau, and Krantz in various band and settings. My impression, so far, is that this isn't so much a group effort, at least to my ears so far, as a chance for each of them to spotlight their various works and voices--though there is some nice triple guitar jamming and complementary arranging, that's not the main thing I'm hearing.

It would be interesting, if they stick together, to hear what they do as compositional collaborators on new material. They are three different voices, for sure. I'm enjoying it--but I'm a fan of all three players and their respective projects.

That was my thought. You can do amazing things with 3 guitars. Far beyond just trading hot solos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    They approve of taping. Here's a link to the show I saw that someone recorded. No idea who... (Not me, I don't have the patience for that!)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22379644/Ri...A-AUD-MP3s.zip
    There were a couple people recording at the DC show. Some had real nice mics set up on the railings dead center.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Listened to three "tunes" of The Ringers. The sound quality is very good for an audience recording.
    If you're a fan of these guys, you will dig it IMO. Basically groove oriented with fantastic soloing, not a bad thing at all in my book. Where did that book go anyway? I digress. Hopefully the grooves will change as I listen to more of it, but it's some fun jamming.

A whole show! Enjoy!

You can WATCH this and get a good look. That one lick Krantz specializes in is on here, that crazy banjo roll/open string pulloff from hell....