Thread: Everyone Is A Producer (Here's Why)

Everyone Is A Producer (Here's Why)

We are producers, here's why.

Everyone has aspects that make them a producer or reproducer. It is ingrained in each person, like DNA. Being a producer goes beyond just making a material product, it transcends every area of our life. Now, there are many reasons for this, some of which I am sure I'm not even aware of, but there are only a couple things that I want to bring up in this discussion.

Reason one. We each have an imagination. The imagination is a profound mechanism that boggles my mind, and seemingly has no end to creativity. Here is the definition of imagination: "the faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images or concepts of external objects not present to the senses" (https://www.dictionary.com/browse/imagination). One thing that stick out to me from that definition is "...not present to the senses". Honestly, I'm still grasping understanding of what this means, but at the same time, it makes sense.

There are a multitude of results from the imagination. Producing/reproducing a material object. Where does production start? It starts in the imagination. The computer you are using to read this came from an idea that started in someone's imagination. Pretty epic! Another result of imagination is the production of a relationship. In a relationship we think/imagine ways to progress or digress a relationship. It's a process of interaction and experimentation, that is produced from playing through processes within our imagination that reflect our interaction with each other. The last result that came to mind is dreaming. We dream within the imagination. In dreaming, one may produce a dream by producing/reproducing what has been planted and grown within the imagination, and potentially turn it into reality.

Reason two. We are a creation, each of us brings value whether we believe it or not. What is that value? Our presence in itself. People are influenced by who are are; the example we share with the world. The things we do make a bigger impact than we might think. There is a theory called "6 Degrees of Separation Theory" (Here's an interesting photo of it 1280px-Six_degrees_of_separation.svg.png). Six Degrees of Separation is the theory that any person on the planet can be connected to any other person on the planet through a chain of friends/acquaintances that has no more than five intermediaries (https://whatis.techtarget.com/defini...-of-separation). It makes me think of the ripple effect; a drop of water makes an exponential impact that has an echoing consequence. We are like the droplet, the world is the water, and our actions our the waves. What we produce carries through to the lives of others.

Everyone is important, we each produce outcome, it could be good or bad, but we each have a choice on which outcome it will be.

Start embracing your inner producer. Develop a sense of responsibility to yourself for the sake of yourself and everyone (I'm speaking to myself as well).

Jordan Peterson said, "...to be redeemed to aim at the highest value, to sacrifice what's no longer useful and valid in yourself, and to tell the truth. And the consequence of that is, existence on a deep state of meaning that justifies the tragedy of being and the possibility of transforming your own life, in the most beneficial positive direction, while simultaneously doing that for the people around you. And that's Redemption." (https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jordan_Peterson)

Produce value to yourself and the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jayleemusic View Post
    Jordan Peterson.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Banned

Please kill this thread now!

Relax. The thread is not about JP.
    And one could ignore the JP quote, or just relate to the quote and not JP ?

(Didn't know he was that 'controversial', the op is not quoting Hitler, and the quote is related to the post)

Banned
    I agree Relax. Clearly, the thread is about unlettered meandering and empty bromides presented as insightful commentary and as such, the JP quote was entirely appropriate.

I'd be pleased to comment but I have a rule that if I have no idea at all what someone is trying to say I move on.

I just called U-Haul.

Indeed, we are all Producers. However, some of us are Gene Wilder, and some of us are Zero Mostel. The question is, "Who is which?"

(That's right. It's a which hunt.)