Thread: AWR, Tokyo, April 19, 2017, Live

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    Thanks.. I just downloaded a great Rory Gallagher show from there yesterday.. didn't see this one posted..

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    Thank you!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

There is also this Genesis concert on right now which is also very good.

GENESIS
    Liverpool 1975 [no label, 2CD]
    Live at the Empire Theatre, Liverpool, UK; April 19, 1975. Very good soundboard

Thanks for posting. This recording demonstrates that ARW really had their act together by this point even without the professional production of the Apollo release. Even in the rough they definitely "still got it". Less enthusiastic audience than the Apollo though...

I am sad that I never got to see this band live. I hope Jon's current solo activity is not a sign that they are over.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Thanks for posting. This recording demonstrates that ARW really had their act together by this point even without the professional production of the Apollo release. Even in the rough they definitely "still got it". Less enthusiastic audience than the Apollo though...

I am sad that I never got to see this band live. I hope Jon's current solo activity is not a sign that they are over.
    Rick Wakeman told a fan three weeks ago that ARW will have a final tour in 2020. They could still do a short tour next summer as they did this year.

The Yami 8 Ball says.... (This is so exciting!)

"Ask again later"

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Rick Wakeman told a fan three weeks ago that ARW will have a final tour in 2020. They could still do a short tour next summer as they did this year.

The Yami 8 Ball says.... (This is so exciting!)

"Ask again later"
    lol. My magic 8-ball just told me the exact same thing...