Thread: The Fab 4 epics of modern day over 40 mins

The Fab 4 epics of modern day over 40 mins

The Fab 4 epics of modern day ,Spanning 40 plus mins that spoke to me most thru years .
    One is current this year ,Are these 4 in no significant order.

1)-The Flower Kings Garden Of dreams 60 mins- I prefer live in new york bootleg version this best ,But best guitar solo is on meet the flower kings .
    Such shame I can not cut that solo from meet live dvd ,Put this in live in ny stead.
    I'm sure theres way to do this ,If your audio engineer which im not.

2)-Echolyn -Mei- Another 50 mins epic and the only cd I like by this band period ,I know other people enjoy there other works .
    I do not care for it tbh,This is monster epic.
    Acoustic passages to darker side ,My fave section is when tragic cocktail with kiss and dahsboard jesus on floor .
    I love that small section for aggressive side of epic most.

3)Galleon-The Ocean 52 mins-This is another long epic by Swedish band ,This cd out there whole catalog I love most.
    The epic it self ,Has concept as long whole cd itself also.
    It been long while since I heard this one tbh.
    It is amazing double record ,Amazing 52 min epic of modern day .stand test of time in my eyes.

4)Galahad- 42 min-Seas of change-This epic came out in 2018. This is darkest thing ,I eva heard Galahad done.
    It does not even sound like same band,I'm reminded of band Iq Dark Matter And Clive Nolans Arena darker years by this epic.
    It is amazing epic ,You got tell yourself this is not Iq ,or Arena .
    It is so easy to hear those notions, In this song. and song is grower for sure but will age well.

I think I might add "The Whirlwind" to that list

The whirlwind is piece of music that spans 12 tracks or so ,I thought about adding it.
    But to me i do not see it as full song ,As I like certain pieces over whole things as whole.
    Great album ,I dont see Ta whirlwind as 70 min epic.

An epic resonates you as whole. thats my view.
    Whole reason why you like epic ,is you like full piece not certain parts.
    Otherwise your fast forwarding an song ,At that moment.