Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffy Season 5 Episode 16 "The Body"

That sucks!
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    I'm now into Angel S5, with Spike materialising via amulet, posted to Angel/Wolfram and Hart. Who actually posted that amulet (after Sunnydale was supposedly destroyed) was not addressed, however!

Wynonna Earp S2 will be on but is dumped in an early morning slot and clashes with Angel. There's a way around it, but what annoys me is that both of these particular channels show stuff which has been on again and again in earlier slots. These shows haven't.
    Can you DVR them?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm now into Angel S5, with Spike materialising via amulet, posted to Angel/Wolfram and Hart.
    A quirky season and some characters (Cordy, Fred) got poor treatment but it ended strong.

Marcus Hamilton : Let me say this as clearly as I can. You cannot beat me. I am a part of them. The Wolf, Ram, and Hart. Their strength flows through my veins. My blood is filled with their ancient power.

Angel : Can you pick out the one word there you probably shouldn't have said?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Cordelia definitely got shafted but the 'higher being' stuff in S3 wasn't that great either. I enjoyed Angel S4 more than S3, really- the Buffy crossovers helped, S3 didn't have any.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Can you DVR them?
    Yes I always record Angel anyway because it's on at 2.50am or something stupid. Wynonna Earp was on at 10pm every week night, but S2 will be 2am, for some reason. There's a 'plus 1' (same contents an hour later) for the channel Angel is on, which is something.

Have finished Wynonna Earp S1. The last episode was very good, with the prodigal Willa Earp gone bad.

Angel S5 has been pretty much stand-alone stories thus far. Some good ones though and Fred seems to have much more to do than she did before. However, the Lllah fill-in Eve is no replacement for Lilah in any way!

"Bullet-proof vest!"

I watched the first episode of S2 this morning. A strong start although it sort of felt like the last episode of S1, as it followed on immediately after Waverly fired that gunshot and them rescuing Dolls. I did like the lovely Waverly hamming it up with the plummy English accent- and the actress is actually English!

Yep, she is. I have a signed picture of Dominique Provost-Chalkley and Kat Barrell on my desk at work. Didja know DPC had a small role in The Avengers movie?

thumbnail_IMG_3035.jpg

Nice. And no I've only ever seen a couple of those superhero/comic book things. Was that one that Joss Whedon did?

Yeah. He has fallen a long way, he has.

Well, dammit! It was just announced that after the next 6 episodes of Wynonna Earp, that's it. There is no season 5. Shit! Syfy is not renewing it. The only hope will be if Netflix or Hulu decides to take it on, but I think this is it. It will end with a wedding, you heard it here first.

I've only just started S2 of Wynonna Earp anyway, not sure how far this particular TV channel is going with it. It's an enjoyable show with a very likeable cast.

The latest episode of Angel I watched was Lineage which was terrific. Wesley going mental when his 'father' (who turned out to be a cyborg-clone) took Fred hostage on a rooftop was quite something!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Who actually posted that amulet (after Sunnydale was supposedly destroyed) was not addressed, however!
    There has some been some further mention of this amulet business in recent Angel episodes, so it at least looks like this will be addressed.

I usually read the behind-the-scenes stuff after I've watched the episodes. And Alexis Denisof was absent from the episode Destiny because the filming coincided with his wedding to Alyson Hannigan.

The amulet matters...

The latest episode of Wynonna Earp was based around a high school reunion. This reminded me of one of the early Buffy episodes The Witch, with the demon in the statue and the cheerleading. And Waverly's gone a bit 'dark Willow', presumably after touching whatever that substance was at the end of the first series. She hasn't flayed anyone alive (yet!) but I don't know what she was doing to Dolls!

All of the episode titles are named after country songs. Some of these songs I know (Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, ISTR 'Gonna Getcha Good' was Shania Twain) but others, I don't.

It does have a nice line in insults. I would say Waverly calling someone a 'shit-ticket' was a particular early highlight!

My favorite line is the one about the geoduck, even if it is Nicole who actually says the funny part..."Isn't that the one that looks like..." "Yes, it is!"

But one of the best is "Eat shit, shit eater!"

It looks like S3 might be following in a few weeks but this channel messed around with planned schedules before, so we'll see.

Meanwhile, more Whedon-related drama.

https://www.reddit.com/r/buffy/comme...edons_abusive/

I have read murmurings about this online recently, but not in this detail, because it doesn't look like Charisma Carpenter has gone into this much detail before. It's grim.

That he had not been fair to her has been known for a long time. His treatment of her when she was pregnant was not all that hidden, although the specifics that Charisma mentions here are much more direct. He basically wrote her out of the story as a result. For a very long time I was quite vocal about loving Buffy but not Whedon; because on whedonesque, the website that loved him, he was treated like God. When his then-wife Kai went public with her story, the very next day Whedonesque shut down. And I mean, the very next day. This was a group that defended him to death and when she went public they ended their existence. "Whedon is my God" was no more. Ray Fisher's story about Justice League has been upheld by Jason Momoa, who certainly has no reasons to support this unless it is true. Whedon got pulled from The Nevers, which he created. He is now only doing rewrite work. He is worthless. And to this day, it is not know who he was cheating with in S1 of Buffy- not Carpenter, or she would have said. I do not believe it would be Gellar, who is simply too smart. And I doubt it was Hannigan, who was dating Gingerfish in S1. That leaves either Juliette Landau (Drusilla) or Julie Benz (Darla) and I have my thoughts on this. Unless it were Kristin Sutherland (Joyce), which I doubt. But he has misled people for years.

I am a follower of Charisma Carpenter on twitter. For years, she has told the story of her paralyzing fear of failure during S1 of Buffy, her insecurity that she could really act and that she could memorize lines properly. (And it has to be hard when you are acting with Sarah Michelle Gellar, who is a consummate professional). For her to go public now says one hell of a lot. She is not shy on twitter, to be sure. Something led to this. I believe her absolutely. Whedon is a fraud.

I've been reading Charisma Carpenter's Twitter for a while- she's good value on there. Amber Benson and others have backed her. I sense this story is going to run for some time.

I certainly picked an 'interesting' time to get into the show! But it's the same in rock music, you do have to distance the art from the artist on a worryingly regular basis. See my thoughts in the Phil Spector thread (and he's on a whole other level).

And now Sarah Michelle Gellar has thrown him under the bus.

Oh, Jesus. I just saw Amber's tweet. I know her! I have several signed photos and posters from her, and met her when she visited Chicago and slayerlit, run by a friend who is known as Shiai Mata. I always knew something happened between her and Whedon- she was the only actor who never got invited back, whose character has been off limits in 20 years. There is no Tara in the new Boom comics, no Tara in the past series. I like her a lot- she is really down to earth, profane and funny and not at all like Tara Maclay. She got treated horribly by the show.

ETA: Just saw your tweet on Gellar. Holy hell, the dam is breaking! I already knew James Marsters had issues with Whdeon, over the "attempted rape" of Buffy in S6, too.

Tara was easily my favourite of the post-high school characters. I was saddened to read last year that Benson got online abuse back in the day. And also that it was Marti Noxon who pushed for her to be cast.
    Last edited by JJ88; 02-10-2021 at 03:05 PM.

OK, I saw SMG's statement. Yep, it's going to be a floodgate now. Next we'll likely start hearing from the actors in Firefly and the Avengers. This will not be pretty and he richly deserved it. I used to hang out on Whedonesque but quit because the hero-worship got sickening. I am glad they shut it all down when Kai revealed all.

We're slowly working our way through season 4 and hit "Hush" on Sunday night. The creepiest episode by a mile. And I believe it started with a criticism that the show was too dialog-heavy so they decided to do one without dialog.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart