Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Buffy Season 5 Episode 16 "The Body"

My favorite moment might have been Angel's response to this line: Let me say this as clearly as I can. You cannot beat me. I am a part of them. The Wolf, Ram, and Hart. Their strength flows through my veins. My blood is filled with their ancient power.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Yes and Angel says something like, 'there's one word you shouldn't have said' and does, well, what a vampire does!

There's another scene I loved where Marcus Hamilton throws threats around in the office, and Lorne says 'well, I still like him better than Eve'! I really like Lorne's waspish one-liners, and there's a few scenes in this last series where he gets darker which are also well played. Andy Hallett dying so young is very sad.

Whedon finally speaks out...sort of. This new article-interview is very long.

https://www.vulture.com/article/joss...legations.html

(This should be readable for free if you haven't reached your 'article limit' on this site.)

Some of these quotes probably won't help him, TBH. The Gal Gadot one especially has already attracted attention.

What a mess.

He's become a publicist's nightmare. If I were him I'd retire to a very remote location. He's lucky Gal Gadot didn't just kick his ass.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I think he's poured fuel on the flames, admitting to a lot of things that have been alleged...directly or indirectly.

The 'Buffy set affairs' stuff also rears its head again.

What an idiot. It is everyone else's fault, including his mom's. He still rags on Ray Fisher, has nothing to say about Michelle Trachtenberg (even to the point of saying he has no idea what anyone is talking about) and did not address any of the comments from his actors, such as Charisma Carpenter or Amber Benson or James Marsters (who said that Whedon threatened him). How did he think this would help? The days of "Joss Whedon is my God" are long gone and are never coming back. And Gal Gadot has already said she knew exactly what he meant.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

I think delusional white male privilege has a poster boy.

Clare Kramer posted this, which is quite funny. I guess she's read it.

https://twitter.com/ClareKramer/stat...208193/photo/1

She was fab as Glory, of course, and is good at hosting some of the Buffy/Angel convention panels I've seen online.

And Charisma Carpenter has responded:

https://twitter.com/AllCharisma/stat...348416/photo/1

I wonder who was the anonymous, quoted 'Whedon advocate' who more or less suggested she has been brainwashed!

That article was truly horseshit. It quotes unnamed people who offer a theory with no proof and speculate that Zack Snyder might have influenced Ray Fisher. Who are those people? Why did the author not seek out even one person involved in all of this crap- she did not reach out to Fisher, Carpenter, Amber Benson, Michelle Trachtenberg, James Marsters, Clare Kramer, etc. Whedon was sleeping with people from S1 on- I know it cannot be Gellar or Carpenter, would be shocked if it were Hannigan (who in S1 of Buffy was dating Ginger Fish of Marilyn Manson's band), so that leaves either Juliette Landau or Julie Benz. And I doubt it was Landau, so I know where my thoughts lie, FWIW. I do know the article states that one actress quit the series in disgust, and there is only one person I know who walked away, and she is one who has publicly stood with Carpenter. And is one who I always wondered why she refused entreaties to come back for S7.

Dollhouse was hideous. Firefly was fun, but it played on old tropes and made the whore the hooker with a heart of gold- which was the name of one episode! Where the black female was subservient to the white male leader, and where the cute mechanic took some abuse from the captain. Where the bad guy was black- the Operative, like the bad guy was black in Buffy.

The Nevers also has no blacks in any important role.

Whedon is done. This did not help.

https://25yearslatersite.com/2021/02...t-joss-whedon/

I may have posted this before, but this is the harshest take down of Whedon in existence. Allecto takes no prisoners:

https://users.livejournal.com/-allecto-/34718.html
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Yeah I don't see him ever making any sort of comeback after that article. (Although then again Mel Gibson has, and if he can...) He's gone and confirmed a lot of what's been said about him. I think he had to say something but now he has, I almost wish he hadn't. A PR disaster.

I gathered that Sarah Michelle Gellar kept a certain amount of professional distance from his orbit, which now seems a very wise decision.

The Nevers also has no blacks in any important role.
    Yeah, the doctor is somewhat important but he's not in the upper tier. I'm still anxious to see what the new team does with this but they haven't resumed shooting the second season because of COVID.

Another irritating thing about Firefly (which I did love at the time) was the warm nostalgia it seemed to have for the Confederacy.