Thread: Please Take a Moment to Support my friend and fellow NEARfest Attendee

Please Take a Moment to Support my friend and fellow NEARfest Attendee

Hello everyone, please take a moment and watch my buddy's entry for Guitar Center's Blues Masters. Here's what he has to say: "I'm entering a competition that requires us to play to a unique backing track. To win there are two stages... stage one is based solely on how many views your videos has. The next stage is based how well you played (technique, presence, and originality). If you could send this to as many people as possible, that would be amazing. Even if you only watch it once, it would be an amazing help. It would also be nice to have some feedback for my playing, I'm always trying to improve." -Billy Salvatori.

http://bluesmasters.yoov.io/channels/The+Sal
    Last edited by zombywoof; 02-19-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Is there a "Vote" button, or is this an audition? We have no say so to get him to win?
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

I think just by clicking and viewing gives him a point...Sounds good, best of luck to him...

Since the video wouldn't play....

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    I think just by clicking and viewing gives him a point...Sounds good, best of luck to him...
    Yes, watch the video and share it around. Billy is a NF attendee and a PE member, thanks to me introducing him to this music (anyone notice his Phideaux shirt?). He is also a highly talented guitarist with a variety of influences in his playing - for instance, I asked him what he'd been listening to while preparing this track and he said, "Joe Bonamassa, Magma, and Richard Thompson". If he gets so many views, that allows him to move up to the next round which is based on things like musicality, originality, style, etc. If he wins, his prize is a trip to LA for studio time with Joe Bonamassa and producer Kevin Shirley, which would be really, really cool.

I hope he'll pop in and see all of your wonderful comments (he is TheSal on here), but he's not really caught onto the whole message board thing yet.

I posted the link to Facebook, so maybe he will pick up a few more views that way. The kid has talent, no doubt about it!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

^Awesome, I'm sure he appreciates your support.