Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Flower Kings Adam and Eve era forward is best era imho.

The Flower Kings Adam and Eve era forward is best era imho.

Most people hail Space Revolver as the best, Imho its lyrcally there worst.
    Music is good but i do not listen to TFK for music ,I listen for lyrics .
    I'm lyric guy ,I like learn stuff from songs
    Emotionally sing to them ,Attach myself to them.

Adam and Eve forward to me ,Was golden era.
    Something about this era ,songs clicked,Lyrics are good everything is top notch .
    In fact only other album ,Not part this era.
    I hail highly is Rainmaker ,I'm like guy who likes all TFK cds everyone hates.

Reason probaly why ,Is lyrics . Most people listen to music ,For music thats not me!
    I'm person who constantly wanting change and learn ,Where songs lyrics may mean something different to me personally 10 years down road for me .
    In that instance in my life ,Yes I'm this analytical with music and books and games.
    I like toparallel lyrics etc ,I like emotional attachment . If I do not become emotionally attached to record I discard it.

Love Supreme my all time fave epic eva ,Followed by Numbers Then Devils Playground.
    I do highly enjoy there older stuff , rainmaker ,utf and stardust.
    This band is so good ,Hands down the greatest band of all times.
    I'm psuedo TFK junkie 4 life.

I also really dig "Adam and Eve" but "Rainmaker" not so much.

My favorite TFK album is whichever one I'm listening to at the moment! They have yet to make an album I can't stand... which I can't say the same for other favorites like Yes and Rush!
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

I agree. I only listen to Adam and Eve onward. My favorite? Banks of Eden.

Quote Originally Posted by vis4victor View Post
    I'm lyric guy ,I like learn stuff from songs
    My advice to you is - Don't apply what you "learn." Most musicians are not scholars or sages. Good lyrics are lyrics that resonate with you, based on your experience or learning. That will vary with the individual. However, if you're looking for a musician to be your guru, you will almost certainly wind up in the ditch.

Just sayin'.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I like Rainmaker as well. I like Adam & Eve better. I like Paradox Hotel even more better. But anything beyond that is a rehashed cut-n-paste fest. As for the early albums, I'll opt for their first two live albums.

Amazon list this boxset @ $35.. I only have one Flower Kings album so I'm no expert on their catalog.. Is this a good cross section?
    FK.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Amazon list this boxset @ $35.. I only have one Flower Kings album so I'm no expert on their catalog.. Is this a good cross section?
    FK.jpg
    That's the 2nd box set which collects the albums from Adam and Eve to Desolation Rose, plus bonus tracks. So it's a good way to get all the latter studio albums at once, and that price is pretty darn good--I think I paid more than that.

^^^ Both boxes are beautiful, as well as containing a boatload of good music. The first one is sold out and sells for some crazy money online. Get the 2nd while you can at that price!

I like the first through Stardust.., then everything else was just rinse and repeat.

I sold my copy of Adam & Eve. Space Revolver. The Rainmaker & Unfold The Future are my faves.

I think "Adam and Eve" is way better than "Space Revolver." But I don't care about lyrics at all.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    ^^^ Both boxes are beautiful, as well as containing a boatload of good music. The first one is sold out and sells for some crazy money online.
    I KNEW I shouldn't have cracked the shrink wrap!! But I did.

I see Amazon has a used copy at a reasonable price though, so it's still out there. But I guess not for long.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    My advice to you is - Don't apply what you "learn." Most musicians are not scholars or sages. Good lyrics are lyrics that resonate with you, based on your experience or learning. That will vary with the individual. However, if you're looking for a musician to be your guru, you will almost certainly wind up in the ditch.

Just sayin'.
    do not apply it ,First off without sounding like me like im pushover.
    All music ,I mean all music.Iis unique to each person and creator.
    Each person has personal relation identification tag with cd that noone can imitate .

If you listen to album, And Ilisten to it ,we will not get same personal exeperience from it
    Thats beauty of it all ,The artist who made music should be proud by feedback we give.
    Noone will eva get same thing out cd ,Hence why i said its personal endeavour .
    When you look at music thru this eyes ,and books and other forms entertainment its pretty unique.

so folllowing someones advice or lyrics ,Im not really doing.
    As I'm not adapting them from literal instance.
    It more from personal level ,How they connect to me on personal level nohow

God speed have good day mate!

Does anyone have copy of first box set kingdom of colours 1 they dont want ?
    That wont sell at extornist prices ,I'm willling to pay 65-70 with shippping thats my max buyout tbh?

I like Roine's lyrics on Wall Street Voodoo. I do prefer earlier FK stuff though.

Does anyone have copy of first box set kingdom of colours 1 they dont want ?
    That wont sell at extornist prices ,I'm willling to pay 65-70 with shippping thats my max buyout tbh?
    That copy on Amazon.com is the only one I see out there. It's used but at the retail price. Don't know where you are or what shipping would be, but I think that's your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    That copy on Amazon.com is the only one I see out there. It's used but at the retail price. Don't know where you are or what shipping would be, but I think that's your best bet.
    I would of missed this ,your life saver .
    I just bought this,superfast mouse button clicks to. lol
    I dont care if its used ,i just want the box.

I lost quite few prog albums ,Thru moving and other relationship hassles over years.
    It good to now own all them again on cd.
    JKL2000 thank you so much

Great band. Love all their albums!!!

The Flower King 8/10
    Welcome To The World Of Adventure 8/10
    Retropolis 7/10
    Stardust We Are 10/10
    Flower Power 9/10
    Space Revolver 10/10
    The Rainmaker 7/10
    Unfold The Future 9/10
    Adam & Eve 8/10
    Paradox Hotel 7/10
    The Sum Of No Evil 10/10
    Banks Of Eden 10/10
    Desolation Rose 9/10
    Manifesto Of An Alchemist 8/10
    The Prog Corner

I lost quite few prog albums ,Thru moving and other relationship hassles over years.
    You're welcome! It's probably in fine condition since it's such a recent release. Enjoy it!

Glad you got that box set before some other pseudo TFK junkie needlessly snapped it up!
    Last edited by DocProgger; 12-10-2018 at 01:05 PM.

victor, you may enjoy the Flower Kings album listening thread I started a while back (and never finished reviewing all the albums, ugh)...
    http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...stening+thread
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    That's the 2nd box set which collects the albums from Adam and Eve to Desolation Rose, plus bonus tracks. So it's a good way to get all the latter studio albums at once, and that price is pretty darn good--I think I paid more than that.
    Thanks I ordered it.. price went down $10 from yesterday... $25 plus 3.99 for shipping.. sounds like a steal.. like I said I have the first album I guess.. it says Ronnie Stolt "The Flower King".. So I'm not familiar with any of their music.. this should be an interesting introduction

Thanks I ordered it.. price went down $10 from yesterday... $25 plus 3.99 for shipping.. sounds like a steal.. like I said I have the first album I guess.. it says Ronnie Stolt "The Flower King".. So I'm not familiar with any of their music.. this should be an interesting introduction
    I'm pretty sure the album itself says Roine. It's a fun album, IMO.

Wow, that's a really good price; kinda peeved I didn't wait a little longer on that. Wonder if that means the 2nd box isn't selling as well as the 1st.
    You're kind of walking into the middle of the story with the second box; I would recommend you seek out Alive on Planet Earth, a great double live album and overview of their early era, and if you like that, Space Revolver; Stardust We Are and Flower Power at some point. Planet Earth should tell you pretty quickly if you are in for the long haul or not.