Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Queen + Adam Lambert announce Summer '19 US Tour

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post

I was quoting someone else - I'd never own a truck!
    Neither would I. However, at work, one of my duties is putting away everything when the supply truck comes. This is fine in the freezer (where's sometimes 20 degrees below zero) and dry storage, but in the walk in cooler, they for some reason have a speaker horn that's turned up in such a fashion that you basically can't escape the dren. Not even with headphones.

Thankfully, in the dry storage room, I'm far enough away from the PA speakers, that all I have to do is hook up my Bluetooth speaker and my media player, and cue up something palatable, e.g. Thin Lizzy, Rainbow, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, or whatever the frell I feel like listening to. Today it was Mike Oldfield (Ommadawn, Incantations, and a little bit of QE2). (And that reminds me, I need to put the Saga and Kate Bush albums I recently got onto the player)

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Neither would I. However, at work, one of my duties is putting away everything when the supply truck comes. This is fine in the freezer (where's sometimes 20 degrees below zero) and dry storage, but in the walk in cooler, they for some reason have a speaker horn that's turned up in such a fashion that you basically can't escape the dren. Not even with headphones.

Thankfully, in the dry storage room, I'm far enough away from the PA speakers, that all I have to do is hook up my Bluetooth speaker and my media player, and cue up something palatable, e.g. Thin Lizzy, Rainbow, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, or whatever the frell I feel like listening to. Today it was Mike Oldfield (Ommadawn, Incantations, and a little bit of QE2). (And that reminds me, I need to put the Saga and Kate Bush albums I recently got onto the player)
    Which Saga albums did you get?
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Adam Lambert's done good for himself. not bad for a talent show reject.
    he can carry a tune, but i don't like his on stage demeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    And wasn't the District 97 lead singer Leslie ___ a contestant on Idol?

Leslie Hunt... She was a top 10 finalist. But she sang some Jazz - scat singing - on one of the episodes and that didn't go over well.... can't find that clip anymore. They generally liked her though. Leslie felt the show didn't really suit her well because she's more a singer/songwriter, and you couldn't play guitar or sing your own material.
    Last edited by Man In The Mountain; 12-07-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Leslie Hunt... She was a top 10 finalist. But she sang some Jazz - scat singing - on one of the episodes and that didn't go over well.... can't find that clip anymore. They generally liked her though. Leslie felt the show didn't really suit her well because she's more a singer/songwriter, and you couldn't play guitar or sing your own material.
    Yeah, I'm not a fan. I've seen her perform live and also some video clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I have seen District 97 several times and really enjoyed her performances. I think she has a great voice and is a good front woman.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    If we're (now) talking talent show contestants, Pete Jones of Tiger Moth Tales Tales (and Camel!) began on that route. You can find at least one video on YouTube, but it's not my thing. But his own material definitely is, as well as his excellent covers of Genesis and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Ouch. That's too bad. Well, I think she's incredible, I'm a huge fan. She has a different sort of sultry voice which I find refreshing, instead of the large booming voices that are so popular today - and win on TV singing shows. And she gives great hugs, so....

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Which Saga albums did you get?
    Basically, the first six. A slightly long story, but though I always liked them, and had World's Apart on vinyl, and the Silhouette DVD, I never around to getting anything on CD until a few weeks, in part, because the reissues that came out circa 2002 are out of print (label went belly up a few years back), but if you look around on Amazon and other places, you can get reasonably priced versions, if you're not looking for bonus tracks or other reissue related bells and whistles.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Basically, the first six. A slightly long story, but though I always liked them, and had World's Apart on vinyl, and the Silhouette DVD, I never around to getting anything on CD until a few weeks, in part, because the reissues that came out circa 2002 are out of print (label went belly up a few years back), but if you look around on Amazon and other places, you can get reasonably priced versions, if you're not looking for bonus tracks or other reissue related bells and whistles.
    I've got their entire library, many cd's are original purchased upon release. Once I restarted my vinyl collection, I've been able to pick up all the albums released on vinyl as well. I even found a brand new sealed vinyl copy of House of Cards on Amazon of all places, and it wasn't expensive.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

re: Saga,

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I've got their entire library, many cd's are original purchased upon release. Once I restarted my vinyl collection, I've been able to pick up all the albums released on vinyl as well. I even found a brand new sealed vinyl copy of House of Cards on Amazon of all places, and it wasn't expensive.
    I haven't heard much of the later stuff, just what's on the Silhouette DVD, some of which was ok, but didn't knock me out the way Don't Be Late, Wind Him Up, or On The Loose did back in the 80's.