Thread: Morrissey - Spent the Day in Bed (2017)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Morrissey - Spent the Day in Bed (2017)

I saw in that Why is the music industry ... thread that there was a new Morrissey album last year. I didn't know that, so I checked out this video from it. Wondering what you think about this song, video, and Morrissey. I think it's a good song - I like a lot of his solo stuff and The Smiths. I don't think his attitude is particularly healthy, but I can identify with it sometimes.

Also, do you think the old person who comes out on stage is supposed to be someone in particular? I have some ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I saw in that Why is the music industry ... thread that there was a new Morrissey album last year. I didn't know that, so I checked out this video from it. Wondering what you think about this song, video, and Morrissey. I think it's a good song - I like a lot of his solo stuff and The Smiths. I don't think his attitude is particularly healthy, but I can identify with it sometimes.

Also, do you think the old person who comes out on stage is supposed to be someone in particular? I have some ideas...

Sounds like he has run out of ideas..
    To me this just sounds horrible.

I watched it like 5 times in a row - I love the chorus. I'd say his solo stuff is pretty consistent, but probably not for everyone.

I hadn't heard him in yonks, though I know he has remained active. His voice is still excellent, and it's a good song, imo. Looking at him, however, just reminds me yet again of how we're all getting older.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I hadn't heard him in yonks, though I know he has remained active. His voice is still excellent, and it's a good song, imo. Looking at him, however, just reminds me yet again of how we're all getting older.
    A number of years ago, I saw a concert he did, on the Logo channel. At one point, he took his shirt off and started dancing around, like he thought was sexy or something. Now, for one, I remember an interview he did back in the early 90's, when one of his early solo records came out, and he was talking about he didn't feel the need to "express myself sexually", so it was weird to see him with his shirt off. Secondly, he really should have left the shirt on, he doesn't exactly have the physique to warrant walking around topless onstage. Unless, of course, he was trying to be "ironic", in which case, I would have suggested he find some other form of irony to engage in.

I love Morrissey!!!
    The Prog Corner

This song was stuck in my ear all morning!!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Based on one of the YouTube comments it appears that he's a British performance artist named David Hoyle - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_...rmance_artist)
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff O'Donoghue View Post
    Based on one of the YouTube comments it appears that he's a British performance artist named David Hoyle - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_...rmance_artist)
    Thanks. I thought maybe he was meant to look like a time-ravaged Iggy Pop. Since he does.

Sorry, but I thought that the song and the video were both terrible.

^ No problem - like I said, he's not for everyone!