Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robert Plant Suggests He May Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion in 2014

Robert Plant Suggests He May Be Open to Led Zeppelin Reunion in 2014

The should do a cruise.

First 5000.00 concert tickets!

Well I guess it's been about 6 months since the release of "Celebration Day" so we're overdue for another Zep reunion rumor. Plant's just yanking the chain. I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm still kicking myself for missing them (then known as The New Yardbirds featuring Jimmy Page) at a free-with-park-admission show they did in 1968 at Crescent Park in East Providence, R.I. And I was at the park that day. Don't think the tickets will be free this time.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

http://www.nme.com/news/led-zeppelin/68777
    Seems a rather broad hint from Mr. Plant. I don't know if somebody is still waiting for once promised Jimmy Page new solo album)) But if LZ would really gather to do another swan song, I'm gonna be a listener of this!

Mojo had a huge article with interviews with all three when Celebration Day came out. Plant seemed not nearly as open to any reunion and the other two seemed to have moved on. Page has a lot of stuff on his plate (solo album, reissues of all the Zeppelin albums, some rumored live stuff) and JPJ has some projects of his own.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

In music, nothing with a brand name dies until until the people are literally dead. And as The Who has proven, not until EVERYBODY is dead. So I would say that there presently remains a decent chance of a "remaining members of Zeppelin" reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    In music, nothing with a brand name dies until until the people are literally dead. And as The Who has proven, not until EVERYBODY is dead. So I would say that there presently remains a decent chance of a "remaining members of Zeppelin" reunion.
    That is true, but if you watch the 60 Minutes interview mentioned the link I provided above and a few extra clips on same site, you might get the impression that Plant was just being silly with the reporter (Tara Brown) regarding his availability in 2014. Brown stated on a post interview video clip that she does not think it will happen even though Plant stated he was available in 2014.

The main interview (16 minutes long) and the extra video clips are well worth it for any LZ fan.

I watched it. Plant is just being cagey. Of course one never says never. Plant has held out for so long that I doubt he'd change his mind now, but it's not like everything Plant has said was written in stone. In the early 80's he said he wouldn't do those songs again but by 88 he was rolling them out. Who knows. I'm not, however, holding my breath. If they do it, great. If they don't, great.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    It's a lot of money to turn down. But then, they've managed so far.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    It's a lot of money to turn down. But then, they've managed so far.

It might be a lot of money to turn down, but all of them plus their families and a few generations down are set for life. The guys are not young anymore and life on the road might not be as appealing as it was in their younger days.

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by enpdllp View Post
    The guys are not young anymore and life on the road might not be as appealing as it was in their younger days.
    Getting to see Led Zeppelin is not as appealing as it was in MY younger days. Saw 'em in 1977 for something like $8, so I'll wait for the DVD, if it ever happens at all.

Quote Originally Posted by meimjustalawnmower View Post
    Getting to see Led Zeppelin is not as appealing as it was in MY younger days. Saw 'em in 1977 for something like $8, so I'll wait for the DVD, if it ever happens at all.
    FWIW, the appealing part I was referring to was for the band, not the fans.

Banned
    wow, I thought they did a reunion. Weren't they just on the cover of "Classic Rock" magazine? oh well, who cares anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    I'm still kicking myself for missing them (then known as The New Yardbirds featuring Jimmy Page) at a free-with-park-admission show they did in 1968 at Crescent Park in East Providence, R.I. And I was at the park that day. Don't think the tickets will be free this time.

MAN, but you is one old geezer!!!

Come 2014 I doubt anything will happen. When Page and Plant have gotten together in the past for projects, by and large they haven't ended well.

To be honest I've respected Robert Plant for knowing when enough was enough in Led Zeppelin. He knows he will have to get back in the 'rock and roll circus' and do the stadium tours and all that. Do any of them really need that now?

If it happened, great, but preferably with new material- can't get that excited about a stadium nostalgia tour.

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by enpdllp View Post
    FWIW, the appealing part I was referring to was for the band, not the fans.
    Yep. I got that. Just saying that if it's not appealing to the band, it might not be appealing to certain fans either, especially for what they would have to charge. I feel sorry for folks that missed 'em back in the day. Besides, if they actually did do something, it would prolly be more akin to what Cream did in 2005. That's just my guess.

It would have to be with new material. For a one off, like 2007, they didn't need it but if they were to discuss something more permanent or a tour then new material would be the first thing on the table.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    It would have to be with new material.
    You don't think that these guys could sellout every venue in the world without the benefit of new material? Really?

Where did Bill (AdmKirk) say they couldn't?

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    It would have to be with new material. For a one off, like 2007, they didn't need it but if they were to discuss something more permanent or a tour then new material would be the first thing on the table.

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Where did Bill (AdmKirk) say they couldn't?
    I think it's easy to assume that from his statement above. Maybe you and I are reading it differently. My point is that there's no need ever for Zep to tour a new album. They could play the phone book and people would go.

But all three have said over the years that they would never do a "greatest hits" tour. The 2007 show was for Ahmet and to prove they could still deliver, but they've all said a tour would have to have new songs. Page and Jones said a fair amount of stuff was written when they jammed with Jason after the O2 show but that material was filed away.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    But all three have said over the years that they would never do a "greatest hits" tour.
    Well, they've all said a lot of shit over the years, and again, a reunion doesn't necessarily mean a tour. 2007 was six years ago. Page will be 70 next year. The only real thing that I've heard has to do with reissues with bonus material. It would absolve them of having to do a new album. They could do a handful of special dates in London and NY, promote their re-hash and be done with it.

I'd be interested in hearing what they could do in the studio with a bunch of new material. It wouldn't be an auto-buy but I'd read all the reviews and catch whatever I could on Youtube or whatever. As far as touring, I really don't think it's that great an idea. I wouldn't go to begin with, and I doubt it would be a long tour. I was shocked at how good Celebration Day was but I doubt they could deliver like that on a grueling tour (even a short one). And you know they'd mostly play Europe and the US dates would be the usual big cities and media centers. And I doubt they need the money either. So, I think they're better off not touring and going through all that. A studio album would be interesting though.

Has anyone seen/heard anything by Jason and his LZ Experience?