Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Riverside U.S. Tour

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Cupcakes View Post
    I'm excited to see these guys - digging Wasteland a lot! Will definitely be attending either the Jersey City or Philly show. Anyone have any insights on those two venues? I've never been to either.
    World Cafe Live is awesome but it looks like a GA standing show

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tour is now underway started on May 3 - anyone catch any shows yet or planning to?

I'm still very impressed by Wasteland

I plan on seeing them this Sunday in Boston....

The ROSfest show was outstanding.

Detroit in a couple of weeks. Very excited.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I just bought Wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    The ROSfest show was outstanding.
    Ditto

Riverside in Baltimore last night. Absolutely great show. High energy and awesome. Maybe around 200 people. The band loved the crowd which was very responsive. Larger crowd than I would've bet on. Didn't know how popular they were outside the prog realm.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

My wife and I drove down to Atlanta last Friday and saw them at City Winery. The show started with a few technical glitches and it took a few songs to get the sound dialed in. It was the first gig of the tour so that is to be expected. There was a good crowd and they put on a great show. My only complaint is with the venue. You just can't get a good beer in that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    Riverside in Baltimore last night. Absolutely great show. High energy and awesome. Maybe around 200 people. The band loved the crowd which was very responsive. Larger crowd than I would've bet on. Didn't know how popular they were outside the prog realm.
    Was there an opening band ? Need to plan arrival time for the Philly show

There was a band called Contrive that opened up for them in Atlanta. I believe they are opening for them for most of this tour.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterspace View Post
    There was a band called Contrive that opened up for them in Atlanta. I believe they are opening for them for most of this tour.
    Were they any good?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Were they any good?
    Well I didn't care for them much. It was two guys, brothers I think, from Australia. Death Metal w/cookie monster style vocals. One played drums and the other played guitar and vocals. I know some like that style but I'm just not into it much. They did play one song that I kinda liked.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterspace View Post
    Well I didn't care for them much. It was two guys, brothers I think, from Australia. Death Metal w/cookie monster style vocals. One played drums and the other played guitar and vocals. I know some like that style but I'm just not into it much. They did play one song that I kinda liked.
    i'll be seeing them wednesday in montreal...please tell me that the opening band didn't play very long (half hour max...please!)

Contrive played around 30-45 minutes.

The tour came around to the Warsaw in Brooklyn. Big surprise was that jolly played a set after contrived. Their first show in several years. Riverside was incredible. It was nice to see them once again. Contrived wasn’t my cup of tea with the vocals but the musicianship for a two piece was very good.
    I hope riverside gets all the fan support on this tour it’s not to be missed.

Yeah, Contrive in B'more too. We hated them. Just don't like that style. The crowd came around by the end. We would have enjoyed getting home earlier without them!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

I would love to see Jolly. I sponsored their patreon and they just finished their new album.

Detroit was awesome tonight. Cool to run into a fellow progressive ears member too. A more extensive review when I get time.

Mariusz and Ken.jpg

I saw the show in Philadelphia. I hung around and wanted to meet a few band members. I saw Mariusz talking to a guy and went up to them. Turns out it was Ken Walker from Overworld Dreams, lol! Ken's wife is from Poland (I found out) so I guess that's how he knows the band. I got a picture of both of them, and hopefully it will post if my stupid ass can figure out how to post a pic.

Really good show in Toronto Friday night - the band are really tight and powerful.

So far Wasteland hasn't really grabbed me - I liked the songs they played from it a bit more live but hasn't changed my overall opinion on it.

Highly recommended if they're coming near you.

Very solid show in Chicago last night. They played for at least 90 minutes. The closest thing to a "negative" was the lack of a light show, which was great last time they were here at Reggie's. I totally understand budget constraints, but there wasn't a single moving light. Pretty much just 12 LED pars up above.

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    Very solid show in Chicago last night. They played for at least 90 minutes. The closest thing to a "negative" was the lack of a light show, which was great last time they were here at Reggie's. I totally understand budget constraints, but there wasn't a single moving light. Pretty much just 12 LED pars up above.
    Interesting. The show last week in Montreal was pretty much 2 hours on the dot (probably because they had a 2 hour slot at RoSfest). And I thought the light show was excellent. Not quite Steven Wilson quality, but much better than most bands.

Same for Toronto. 2 hours and 15 minutes, in fact, and a very good light show. But, the club they played at has good lighting to begin with, so maybe that was the reason?

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Same for Toronto. 2 hours and 15 minutes, in fact, and a very good light show. But, the club they played at has good lighting to begin with, so maybe that was the reason?

neil
    I assume they are using house lighting. The Magic Stick in Detroit has a good house lighting rig, and it was effectively used.