Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Rolling Stones announce 2019 US tour

'See Saw' is probably his best known track, I guess.

'She Said Yeah' is another great cover on Out Of Our Heads which presumably hasn't been played in decades. Their ultimate 'garage rock' track, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    'See Saw' is probably his best known track, I guess.

'She Said Yeah' is another great cover on Out Of Our Heads which presumably hasn't been played in decades. Their ultimate 'garage rock' track, I'd say.
    Just heard: She Said Yeah......Stones. it's raw, punky, garage Stones......

Yeah, that's some primal rock n' roll

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I heard this the other day and went in search of it.

It was a b-side from Voodoo Lounge. I started scrolling through Trader's Den for stuff from the Voodoo Lounge/Stripped era and finally found it on a torrent called Stripped Companion. The sound on that one is pretty great. I also found the Brixton Academy show in full and as anytime the Stones play a small venue it's about as intense as they could get in the 90s.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Today in History .....

July 12 1962 the Rolling Stones played their first-ever gig at the Marguee Club in London
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

I got this rec on the Hoffman forum - perfect if you want a bit of that rootsy Stones vibe with maybe a little Johnny Thunders thrown in.

https://gregstackhouseprevost.bandca...versal-vagrant

Yes this is a Rollin' Stones thread, but Lynyrd Skynyrd opened for them in the early 70s.........
    Listenin' to "Nuthin' Fancy" by Skynyrd. What a great album. It's blues, country, rock, and soul. Just killer.

And now I'm listening to Blue And Lonesome......Stones. It's good but brickwalled AF.