Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tangerine Dream - The Wilson remixes

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I think the part that's making me laugh is "typos."

Accidentally putting "photos by Monique Froose" is a typo.

Neglecting to actually put her in there AT ALL isn't a typo
    She is credited and named in the book!
    The problem is that the credits for the albums are very inconsistent,
    some have credits and some have nothing!
    So its not like they on purpose left her out of it, just a wee bit sloppy imho! :-)

Yep...again, those aren't typos to me as much as oversights. Actually, IMHO your word works best: sloppy!

Love the audio content
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Yep...again, those aren't typos to me as much as oversights. Actually, IMHO your word works best: sloppy!

Love the audio content
    Should have said I agree on the ”typo” not being a typo, except for the spelling of Phaedra!
    ”The road to Pheadra”! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by olivetti View Post
    S...except for the spelling of Phaedra!
    ”The road to Pheadra”!
    That's a brutal typo.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"The older I get, the more I realize that cynicism is just realism spelled wrong."

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

the last couple of pages have convinced me that I may mildly and madly need this.
    But my eyes will do as much as my ears and my hands (for the wallet issue) in the decision

Soooo, is there a visual for the SW remixed boxset??
    Last edited by Trane; 6 Days Ago at 04:46 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    the last couple of pages have convinced me that I may mildly need this.
    But my eyes will do as much as my ears and my hands (for the wallet issue) in the decision

Thanks

I'm always a bit frustrated when the original artworks are reduced for the single CD sleeves

It may sound like nit-picking but TD artworks always deserved the maximum size possible.... At least until Exit...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from heroin-addicts to crazy ones

the last couple of pages have convinced me that I may mildly and madly need this.

Hello Trane!
    Have 8 minutes?

https://youtu.be/VxnKw0wS3rA

Best,
    Tomás.

Thanks

I'm always a bit frustrated when the original artworks are reduced for the single CD sleeves

It may sound like nit-picking but TD artworks always deserved the maximum size possible.... At least until Exit...
    Artwork in the book = LP size! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TCC View Post
    Hello Trane!
    Have 8 minutes?

https://youtu.be/VxnKw0wS3rA

Best,
    Tomás.
    thanks for the link

Difficult but I'll probably pass up on this... Hate the fact that the CDs are not loose inside their own separate individual cover.

Thanks

Exit's cover is better than Tangram's, IMO/

You're probably thinking of the back cover, which "became" the front cover of the LP (as well as the cassette's, in the U.S.) on subsequent pressings.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

FYI, Burning Shed is taking orders for the repress and their shipping date is actually early August. And it's still at their good price.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Exit's cover is better than Tangram's, IMO/

You're probably thinking of the back cover, which "became" the front cover of the LP (as well as the cassette's, in the U.S.) on subsequent pressings.
    I should've may be written Exit included (both artworks, FTM)

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    FYI, Burning Shed is taking orders for the repress and their shipping date is actually early August. And it's still at their good price.
    Not a question of price, but format: I dislike those vinyl-size boxsets (already the pain of that huge fucker's size), especially if you can't take out a specific disc and its cover (or booklet) into the car (for ex) to see what's on it without carrying the whole bloody thing around

Furthermore, I don't have Blue Ray technology anywhere, and I suppose that there are no versions with styndard DVD in there.

Not a question of price, but format
    I only mentioned it because you said you might need to get it. If you decide you don't want it, that's fine.

I only mentioned it because you said you might need to get it. If you decide you don't want it, that's fine.
    No, it's just an unfortunate decision. Notwithstanding the format this box is loaded with pure gems and it would be a real pity to miss them for such minor practical/cosmetic details. It's the music that matters after all and believe me or not but there's plenty of excellent (previously unreleased) stuff in this box. Phaedra's outtakes and Oedipus Tyranus alone are worth the price of admission. The book is a wonderful addition and includes all the full-sized original cover artworks printed on heavy paper. We can allways find some reasons to complain (I really miss Tangram which should have been included in this set) but as far as I'm concerned this is a GREAT box and I'm more than happy with it. I offered my collection of duplicate (Virgin) single studio albums to a close friend, and he's happy too now... one more (new) TD fan.

FYI: while the the box was quickly sold out (or outrageously expensive) at all the usual music retailers I found my exemplar in a big electronics/computers/multimedia supermarket in Brussels, cheaper than Amazon and including free 48h shipping.
    Last edited by Mr.Krautman; 6 Days Ago at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    No, it's just an unfortunate decision. Notwithstanding the format this box is loaded with pure gems and it would be a real pity to miss them for such minor practical/cosmetic details. It's the music that matters after all and believe me or not but there's plenty of excellent (previously unreleased) stuff in this box. Phaedra's outtakes and Oedipus Tyranus alone are worth the price of admission. The book is a wonderful addition and includes all the full-sized original cover artworks printed on heavy paper. We can allways find some reasons to complain (I really miss Tangram which should have been included in this set) but as far as I'm concerned this is a GREAT box and I'm more than happy with it. I offered my collection of duplicate (Virgin) single studio albums to a close friend, and he's happy too now... one more (new) TD fan.

FYI: while the the box was quickly sold out (or outrageously expensive) at all the usual music retailers I found my exemplar in a big electronics/computers/multimedia supermarket in Brussels, cheaper than Amazon and including free 48h shipping.
    Yeah, I know.... I'm not fully decided yet on,whether to go for it or not, but I already own all of the albums of that era... Furthermore, the albums I enjoy or return to less are Rubycon & Phaedra, so the out-takes could be of medium interest for me. Yup, the fully "coffee-table" sized book is interesting, but it's at at the costs of those individual sleeves. Believe me, if the individual discs had their own sleeves this would be a no-brainer for me and I'd get rid of all my old TD discs.

BTW, did the early Green Desert sessions thingie found its way in the unreleased stuff??

I was thinking of visiting the Mediamarkt on Rue Neuve soon to see this boxset and maybe indulge in the other (normal-sized) boxset of their earlier works (though I also own ll of it, but here it's in perfect format and only 4 albums)

Green Desert would have been before this period, I believe. (Well before + after, technically :-D).

Most of the previously unreleased material is Phaedra-Rubycon period so if that is less interesting to you, it might be hard to justify pulling the trigger.

You may decide you want to cherry pick from the new versions of the individual CDs instead.

I was never into TD but having listened to this box set in Apple Music I am now convinced I need the physical box, if only for the Blu-ray. Waiting for the second print, but also hoping to snatch a copy at the upcoming Night of the prog festival in Germany where TD will be one of the headliners.

Believe me, if the individual discs had their own sleeves this would be a no-brainer for me and I'd get rid of all my old TD discs.
    Why don't you buy the seven core albums in their new standalone versions - the contents on each "album disc" are the same as the corresponding disc in the box. That way you have the improved remasters in cd cases with artwork, for portability.

And then just purchase the rest of the material as downloads? (It's all up there for legal purchase on 7Digital.)

https://youtu.be/cAULWs7utMk
    Slightly out of topic , I saw a couple of days ago this TD concert video from 2018 in Oslo, great reminiscence to the classic TD sound with great visuals.
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

Is this set in a box or the large, hardcover book format. I guess with that many disks it must be in a box. I’m ok with either format.

^ There's a picture of it above, Jed.

Is this set in a box or the large, hardcover book format. I guess with that many disks it must be in a box. I’m ok with either format.
    It's in a slipcase containing a hardback book plus two folders that house the discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    Why don't you buy the seven core albums in their new standalone versions - the contents on each "album disc" are the same as the corresponding disc in the box. That way you have the improved remasters in cd cases with artwork, for portability.

And then just purchase the rest of the material as downloads? (It's all up there for legal purchase on 7Digital.)
    Yeah, that's an option too, thx

BTW, I saw both boxset (the pink years and the virgin years) at the mediamarkt, but at 130.00, I'll definitely pass on the Virgin-Wilson thingie

the Pink Years boxset is now mine (32.00) and they sounded excellent in the car, and I'll get rid of my Nebulous Dawn boxset, but I'll do a bit of sonic comparison on my hi-fi before I do so.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ There's a picture of it above, Jed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    It's in a slipcase containing a hardback book plus two folders that house the discs.
    Ah, I couldn't tell from the photo that it was an "earbook" inside a slipcase. Thanks.