Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tangerine Dream - The Wilson remixes

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothyspook View Post

Earlier this year I saw it advertised that a deluxe box set purely made up of the Coventry Cathedral gig was due. What has happened to that?
    No idea, but there's this: https://www.amazon.com/LIVE-AT-COVEN.../dp/B07NKWL9FM "Currently Unavailable"

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    My issue isn't remixes, so much as whatever unreleased stuff there is in the vaults. That's what I want to hear. I know by that time, the live stuff was largely the same from night to night, but it'd be great if we could get let's say one show from each tour, unedited and without overdubs. On the other hand, the bootlegs we do have sound so good, it's kind of a moot point, really.
    Who doesn't? Alas, it's more up to Bianca/TDI now. I get the vibe she/they want to promote the current [post-Froese] iteration more than anything.

What you can do is seek out Johannes' solo album Early Beginnings for some partially re-recorded goodness from his TD days, including "The Soldier Theme."

Many interesting unreleased stuff in this collection, but since it goes up to Force Majeure I would have loved to get a concert from the 1978 (Cyclone) tour with S.Jolliffe and K.Krüger (Krieger ?). I know it's not considered as the best period of TD by fans but concerts of this short-lived 4 piece TD are rare. As far as I can remember Jolliffe played processed flute (Lyricon ?), electronics,synths and vocal effects but wasn't actually singing live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    Many interesting unreleased stuff in this collection, but since it goes up to Force Majeure I would have loved to get a concert from the 1978 (Cyclone) tour with S.Jolliffe and K.Krüger (Krieger ?). I know it's not considered as the best period of TD by fans but concerts of this short-lived 4 piece TD are rare. As far as I can remember Jolliffe played processed flute (Lyricon ?), electronics,synths and vocal effects but wasn't actually singing live.
    https://www.amazon.com/Official-Boot...r=8-2-fkmrnull

2016 four CD live archive release. Esoteric Recordings' Reactive label is proud to announce the release of the second volume of an official bootleg series by the legendary Tangerine Dream. This set includes a 1978 Paris concert as well as a 1980 show taped in East Berlin. Formed in Berlin in September 1967 by Edgar Froese, Tangerine Dream are simply one of the most important groups to have emerged on the German music scene of the late 1960s/early 1970s. Always guided by the genius of Edgar Froese, Tangerine Dream developed a sound based on the use of synthesizers and keyboards. In Britain, John Peel soon began to promote the band on his influential radio show which ultimately led to Tangerine Dream becoming one of the first acts to sign to Richard Branson's newly established Virgin label in 1973. Tangerine Dream's music would influence a whole host of musicians who followed in their wake, such as Julian Cope.

From an e-mail list I'm on:

"PLUS...As well as the 'Hades' box we already informed you about on 23rd November 2018, we can also now reveal that there are 7 INDIVIDUAL RELEASES of the main discs from the box coming out as well!!
    These are Budget-Price Single Discs with a Limited CDS BUNDLE Offer available and they are being released on 31st May, two weeks ahead of the 'In Search Of Hades' Boxed Set, which is set for 14th June, 2019."

No further detail on what those 7 releases comprise, but people wanting a smaller bite than 16 CDs should be able to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by smcfee View Post
    From an e-mail list I'm on:

"PLUS...As well as the 'Hades' box we already informed you about on 23rd November 2018, we can also now reveal that there are 7 INDIVIDUAL RELEASES of the main discs from the box coming out as well!!
    These are Budget-Price Single Discs with a Limited CDS BUNDLE Offer available and they are being released on 31st May, two weeks ahead of the 'In Search Of Hades' Boxed Set, which is set for 14th June, 2019."

No further detail on what those 7 releases comprise, but people wanting a smaller bite than 16 CDs should be able to get it.
    I'd imagine it'll simply be the seven original albums (Phaedra to Force) - they'll be holding back the rare stuff for the box set.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Preordered the box at Burning Shed.

Same!

"The seven re-issues have been Remastered in 2018 using audio drawn from the original first generation master tapes and all now feature Bonus Tracks, including Steven Wilson Remixes!"

Wow...I was just going to pre-order this from Burning Shed at £95, but when I went to check out, sticker shock...£30 to ship to the USA. Courier the only option. Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Wow...I was just going to pre-order this from Burning Shed at £95, but when I went to check out, sticker shock...£30 to ship to the USA. Courier the only option. Wtf?
    Maybe wait and see what Amazon has it for? Or maybe try Amazon Deutsch?

Yep, to Israel it was £56 shipping...

Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I paid a fortune for the Family box, but it was the only way to buy it. But you know, it's a big massive box, and intl shipping is crazy expensive.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Does this mean Wayside is going to handle this monster?
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Does this mean Wayside is going to handle this monster?
    It means I found a photo of it and OF COURSE we'll carry it.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Banned
    It means I found a photo of it and OF COURSE we'll carry it.
    ...and there goes my music allowance!

Actually, it breaks down to only $9 per disc, shipped. The box contains a hardcover book, too. That's more than fair. In Search of Hades is an event, baby!

Looking good. I can't wait to immerse myself in this box set.
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    Actually, it breaks down to only $9 per disc, shipped. The box contains a hardcover book, too. That's more than fair. In Search of Hades is an event, baby!
    I think the price is down to the use of courier. Talk to me when they offer Royal Mail.

Ssssso, iss the Royal Albert Hall show the ssssame version that appeared on the Bootleg boxset that came out about 15 or so years ago, or is did they manage to track down the massssster tape?[/QUOTE]

Although the bootleg box version was taken from a digital copy of the BBC master (I know, I supplied it !) this is a STEREO mix from the Virgin vault. This is highly significant because the BBC version was a Mono fold-down (they only needed it to be Mono because the BBC London station only broadcast in Mono). The other piece of massively great news is that it is complete (the BBC version was missing the last ten minutes of the first piece) and includes the full John Peel intro.

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    [/B]

A minor nitpick, but those three particular solo pieces, which are outstanding, would have all fit better after Force Majeure. Putting two of them after Cyclone is weird.
    `Haunted Heights' was originally recorded by Baumann to be part of `Desert Dream' (Side 4 of `Encore'). But I agree the three bonuses would fit at the end of `Force Majeure' better. I don't think we really even needed the `Encore' single, (`Hobo March' being a reworking of a Froese piece from `Ages' anyway) or indeed the `Stratosfear' single edits which will sound pretty jarring after the Coventry concert piece...but hell, there is so much to shout about here nonetheless. An amazing set.

Quote Originally Posted by Beebfader View Post
    Although the bootleg box version was taken from a digital copy of the BBC master (I know, I supplied it !) this is a STEREO mix from the Virgin vault. This is highly significant because the BBC version was a Mono fold-down (they only needed it to be Mono because the BBC London station only broadcast in Mono). The other piece of massively great news is that it is complete (the BBC version was missing the last ten minutes of the first piece) and includes the full John Peel intro.
    ^^ this is really good to know, thank you
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Beebfader View Post

Thank you! That is good news!

CC was charged last week, so I assume copies are shipping now...?