Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Really Sad News (Geoff Downes)

Quote Originally Posted by zumacraig View Post
    i'm not attacking geoff. i am saying that promises of life after death and bible quotes are not comforting but the complete opposite. let the man feel his grief, support him, but don't foist delusional nonsense on him.
    I personally find this verse very comforting. Anyway, not our business, that is between Mysterious Traveller and Mr. Downes, to make that call.

Banned
    I find the best thing to say in death is basically nothing. Because there is nothing anyone can say to make the situation better. Everyone has there own way of dealing with death and I find it's best to really say nothing. Just offer your support, you company, and your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by zumacraig View Post
    i'm not attacking geoff. i am saying that promises of life after death and bible quotes are not comforting but the complete opposite. let the man feel his grief, support him, but don't foist delusional nonsense on him.
    Dude, I'd quit while you're ahead.

Er...well..not ahead....but, stop digging.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Absolutely heart-wrenching. All the best to Geoff and his family.
    Chad

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    There is nobody in a family that can cause the most stunning depth of grief as the premature loss of a child. I lost both my mother and father last year but they were both almost 90. My grief was very real but you had a clear sense the both had very full lives. I digress, my sincere condolences to Mr. Downes and his family.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

The Enemy God
    Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    I find the best thing to say in death is basically nothing. Because there is nothing anyone can say to make the situation better. Everyone has there own way of dealing with death and I find it's best to really say nothing. Just offer your support, you company, and your assistance.
    Wonderful to see the above....saying nothing is the essence sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    right, this is my point. peace to geoff and family.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Sorry to hear!