Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Camel - Royal Albert Hall 2018 - Blu-ray & DVD

They haven't told us the release date, so how do we know when pre-orders stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Sampaio Barbosa View Post
    Thanks for that! There's a release date of September 17 too.

so why is the bluray

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    Thanks for that! There's a release date of September 17 too.
    so why is the bluray so expensive waited ages for this but im not sure i can afford cp prices and why so long to wait camel must do better
    Last edited by andy1; 08-13-2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: forgot to add

bluray release

but does any one actually know the release date and the link for the cd doesnt work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by andy1 View Post
    but does any one actually know the release date and the link for the cd doesnt work anymore
    I wasn't sure if that like was legit the cd was never listed on the Camel site. I hope they do release it in that format. I was lucky enough to see the show at RAH so I want all the goodies I can get from it!

Quote Originally Posted by andy1 View Post
    The release date was in the link that doesn't work, but I think it was September 17th. However, CP have updated to say if you order from them they will be released earlier. Like Rich, I wonder if the CD set isn't being released.
    Last edited by Squigelyfox; 08-23-2019 at 07:04 PM.

camel cd version

The release date was in the link that doesn't work, but I think it was September 17th. However, CP have updated to say if you order from them they will be released earlier. Like Rich, I wonder it the CD set isn't being released.
    i emailed camelproductions and they say cd version maybe an option so they maybe thinking about it but no official release yet only bluray and dvd versions so i doubt if there will be one .also they say dvd bluray to be released generally in 5 to 6 weeks.
    Last edited by andy1; 08-23-2019 at 01:42 PM. Reason: forgot about release dates

Blu ray and DVD versions now available for pre-order on Amazon US, price is $26US before shipping.
    Ordered mine yesterday for a Sept 20, 19 release.
    Moonmadness was my gateway album to Camel and I've been a fan ever since, buying just about everything they ever released.
    It will be great to hear/watch Moonmadness performed in it's entirety with this lineup.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^^ Thanks! Amazon US also has the CD for preorder with the same release date, but with the artwork for some random band’s album!

For some reason the DVD costs more than the BD. I ordered the BD, and also the CD just to see what happens since Camel Prods. isn’t even taking preorders for that yet.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 09-11-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Sweet Clip!!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^^ Thanks! Amazon US also has the CD for preorder with the same release date, but with the artwork for some random band’s album!

For some reason the DVD costs more than the BD. I ordered the BD, and also the CD just to see what happens since Camel Prods. isn’t even taking preorders for that yet.
    That isn't the first time I've seen that happen. Sometimes their descriptions don't match up, especially when it's a cd/dvd pkg.
    They at least have the Blu Ray listed as Camel Productions, and it wouldn't surprise me if the release date is incorrect.
    But I had a $50 gift card from our kids for our 43rd anniversary and figure I better order it now, or the card will be empty when I see something else I want. lol

Keep us posted on your adventures.

Funny story, I ordered Dramarama a couple months ago from a vendor who had it listed for $13.53 and I jumped on it. After waiting several weeks I kept emailing them for where's my order.
    I finally received my cd, and with much excitement, a cold open beer in hand with the cd remote ready to go, I opened the pkg to find a cd of a yodeling swedish musician..lol(true story).
    I emailed the seller for a return ticket and asked when I would get Dramarama. After many days of emails, they finally admitted they didn't have it in stock.
    Well at least they got the Swedish musician part right. lol
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Blu ray and DVD versions now available for pre-order on Amazon US, price is $26US before shipping.
    Ordered mine yesterday for a Sept 20, 19 release.
    Moonmadness was my gateway album to Camel and I've been a fan ever since, buying just about everything they ever released.
    It will be great to hear/watch Moonmadness performed in it's entirety with this lineup.
    I can't see this being released on Sept. 20th, as CP are telling us that no-one will get their copies before CP send theirs out. That's supposed to be 4-6 weeks away.

I can't see this being released on Sept. 20th, as CP are telling us that no-one will get their copies before CP send theirs out. That's supposed to be 4-6 weeks away.
    Yep, that sounds like a red flag on the Amazon release date.
    Thought it was too good to be true...well at least I've put my money down and guaranteed the $26 price in case they messed that up too. lol

I have my doubts on the cd... still not listed on the Camel site. Someone on PE already posted they made contact with CP and they said a decision had not been made on a cd release... that artwork is odd as well. I for one hope they do release the cd I'm sure to get more use out of that in the car or on my iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    I have my doubts on the cd... still not listed on the Camel site. Someone on PE already posted they made contact with CP and they said a decision had not been made on a cd release... that artwork is odd as well. I for one hope they do release the cd I'm sure to get more use out of that in the car or on my iPod.
    It's a bit strange to me they won't release it in cd format since I believe it's a lot less expensive to reproduce a cd of the audio than to make it in Blu Ray format.
    But at this point in Andy's career and factoring in his previous health issues, I'm grateful we are still getting any new material, especially a video of Camel's last tour.

For those who haven't seen the cover of the Blu Ray, here it is as shown on Amazon.Camel Blu Ray.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Mail View Post
    I cannot see what the sound format is...is it 2 channel stereo, 5.1, DTS? Can't see those specs on the website.
    I ordered it straight away. A must have for me - as we were there and really enjoyed the first set.

That said, I'll be very disappointed if there's no 5.1.

:-(

Has anyone got any info on this?

It's a bit strange to me they won't release it in cd format since I believe it's a lot less expensive to reproduce a cd of the audio than to make it in Blu Ray format.
    But at this point in Andy's career and factoring in his previous health issues, I'm grateful we are still getting any new material, especially a video of Camel's last tour.

For those who haven't seen the cover of the Blu Ray, here it is as shown on Amazon.Camel Blu Ray.jpg

I thought the same thing frankly it would seem easy to release a cd of this... hoping I'm wrong and they do!

There will be a 2 CD.

I got an email telling me that basically they were about two months out from shipping them.

Camel are taking pre-orders soon for CD's. Not until DVD's & Blurays are sent out though. Check CP News for this.

Amazon had better send a probe droid to explain the delay to me once it happens...

Amazon had better send a probe droid to explain the delay to me once it happens...
    Just call Customer Service in India and ask for Deborah.

Just call Customer Service in India and ask for Deborah.
    Deborah, when is the Camel CD coming? WHEN IS THE CAMEL CD COMING! I NEED TO FONDLE IT!!