Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Camel - Royal Albert Hall 2018 - Blu-ray & DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Well it seems there's another delay. My preorder on Amazon was scheduled for Feb 7th release and when I checked this morning, there is no release date posted at this time. Not enough information available is all Amazon can say.

I know the Camel was closed during the Christmas holidays and through Jan 31, 20 and believe all preorders through their site were shipped from the Camel Store already.

Rather disappointed AGAIN!!

Will have to curb my disappointment by putting on my 180g vinyl copy of Moonmadness tonight. Listened to Raindances last weekend, can't ever have too much Camel.
    My go to online dealer who is rather good at release Dates lists it for the 14th Feb.
    So it's going to be a Valentines present.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I just bought the new Camel DVD off Amazon.ca. Only a 7 day waiting period! Around $30 USD with shipping. Really looking forward to it.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I’ve had this on pre-order at Amazon since September! Still waiting patiently though.
    So much music....so little time....

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I just bought the new Camel DVD off Amazon.ca. Only a 7 day waiting period! Around $30 USD with shipping. Really looking forward to it.
    What! I have seen the cd only for a month, are your sure it's Amazon.ca???

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    What! I have seen the cd only for a month, are your sure it's Amazon.ca???
    Thanks for your message. I cancelled, it wasn't a DVD. I did a search with DVD in the title and assumed it was a DVD.
    Last edited by mozo-pg; 02-09-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by flatliner View Post
    I’ve had this on pre-order at Amazon since September! Still waiting patiently though.
    I cancelled my order, will re-order once it is actually released

I am sorry for your predicament - but believe me, it is worth the wait!

A friend of mine who ordered it from a retail web shop got it today, so it seems that something's happening finally..

Quote Originally Posted by The Twickerman View Post
    I am sorry for your predicament - but believe me, it is worth the wait!
    Amen to that! Their best yet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    Amen to that! Their best yet!!
    What makes it their best yet to you? My best is still ' Coming of Age '.

I bought a new OLED TV and this BluRay was one of the first discs I reached for. It really does look stunning!

Amazon just sent an email saying it cancelled my Blu Ray DVD version order and refunded to my gift card balance.
    But they are selling and have in stock the DVD version for $5 more..no thanks!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Amazon just sent an email saying it cancelled my Blu Ray DVD version order and refunded to my gift card balance.
    But they are selling and have in stock the DVD version for $5 more..no thanks!
    The Blu ray should be more expensive than the DVD. Not fair at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    The Blu ray should be more expensive than the DVD. Not fair at all!
    I just caved in and used my unused balance to get the regular DVD.
    Last time I ordered was back in December and waited all these months only to have them cancel it.
    I think the fact I had the preorder price of $26 may have something behind why they weaseled out of this.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Orcopian
    My copy arrived arrived earlier this week and I watched it last night, it’s absolutely brilliant. I only intended to watch the first set but couldn’t turn it off. I saw the tour before the Albert hall concert at Leamington assembly rooms (standing gig) so I knew the set list and what to expect, watching the video reminded me of that gig and how I was buzzing for days afterwards. It’s weird watching Peter Jones In such a prestigious venue when I have seen him several times in very small venues. Watching the video again tonight to make up for the disappointment of not being at the winters end festival, where I would have been seeing peter playing with red bazaar tonight.

Yep great disc, I loved it!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Did anyone else get an email this morning from Camel Productions that looked like it was sent spuriouslly.
    I say that because CP announced the preorders for the CD yesterday so it looks like this just happened while they were working on the site. Can anyone corroborate?

My preorder for the CD is still in with Amazon.

Here’s the text of the email (they tweeted on the twitterer earlier about the release):

We regret you had difficulty making an order in Camel's shop. This isn't anything to do with you or your credit card. It is due to a PayPal issue when ordering with a device such as a phone or tablet. To pay using your credit card, please try again to place your order using a PC. At checkout, you will see another payment option from 'Powered by SagePay'. Select Visa or MasterCard to make your purchase.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Daniel Boyle

I received this as a wonderful birthday present and watched it over the weekend. SO GOOD!!! performance and setlist. Blu-ray looks fantastic. This is my first concert video I have of Camel.

Now I need more camel live video. I think the Opening Farewell will be next but I probably should just go ahead and order all of them from CP at the same time.

I you haven't seen this one yet though - get it!

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Really enjoying the DVD. How did Andy successfully navigate going from "not being able to get arrested in the UK" (iirc from an old issue of the print Belly of the Beast, maybe 20 years ago?)) to filling RAH?

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Really enjoying the DVD. How did Andy successfully navigate going from "not being able to get arrested in the UK" (iirc from an old issue of the print Belly of the Beast, maybe 20 years ago?)) to filling RAH?
    That is the nostalgia factor I guess. And IIRC the RAH show and some other UK shows where the only ones confirmed when the tickets got on sale with no gigs on the European mainland announced. As such there where quite a bit of foreign audience members (including myself). Plus playing at the RAH always attracts a certain audience that really wants to be there for the occassion. It is a great place to see a concert and London is always a great city to visit ... well, at least it was pre-corona and when plane tickets were still relatively cheap if you came from within Europe.