A band who is overlooked here, perhaps because of their name, l suppose. Anyone here that remembers them might remember the album/title track 'The Plague' which is how I found them. That is a pretty decent album with some proggy moves in it, but they went full bore with this album, BSA.
I bought this expecting more of their metal-ish stuff and was floored by this record. Seems to be a 'theme' album about growing up in England...and hardly a power chord in sight. Atmospheric from the off, centered by a haunting 3 chord sequence that recurs throughout, with keyboard lines that float in and out. Dave Hill's vocals may seem to overpower the delicacy of the music but it does fit, somehow.
Key tracks might be Cold In The Air and Touching The Ice (with Gavin Sutherland on flute- yup, flute on a Demon album).
The album comes across to me as one of those 'growing-up-in-Britain' records, and also coming to terms with one's life choices.
Made all the more poignant by the death of guitarist Mal Spooner 7 days after the album was recorded.
Interested to hear if anyone likes this album, and other thoughts about the music and concept(?).