Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Nick Mason Saucerful of Secrets coming to North America in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I got the vinyl copy in the mail pretty recently. I should put it on the ol' turntable this weekend.
    Does the vinyl issue have the film on DVD or BR inside?

Cos IMHO, that is the main attraction, the visuals such the Roundhouse... Not sure I will ever spin the CDs.
    I mean the early Floyd tracks version are nice, but they're definitely not the definitive versions.
    IMHO again, without the film, the live albums (CD or vinyl) are not essential. FTM, if the DVD existed as a stand-alone (probably less expensive without the CDs or vinyls tagged in), I would've gone for that

It's like the DSOT reissue thing, I went for the stand-alone DVD, cos I saw no point in getting the non-visual discs, despite a few (often unessential) extra tracks.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Saw it on TV a while back (though it was sped up...Guy Pratt commented on this on his Twitter account as well). Really enjoyed it...IMHO it was far better than Gilmour or Waters' most recent tour films, which I've also watched on TV. TBH I wasn't over-enamoured with the vocals but they don't play that big a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Does the vinyl issue have the film on DVD or BR inside?

Cos IMHO, that is the main attraction, the visuals such the Roundhouse... Not sure I will ever spin the CDs.
    I mean the early Floyd tracks version are nice, but they're definitely not the definitive versions.
    IMHO again, without the film, the live albums (CD or vinyl) are not essential. FTM, if the DVD existed as a stand-alone (probably less expensive without the CDs or vinyls tagged in), I would've gone for that
    There is a stand-alone blu-ray edition, but the price is only a little less than the CD+DVD. I don't have the vinyl to confirm, but I don't think it comes with a video disc.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

My vinyl copy did not come with any video discs, so I don’t think they’re packaged together. It doesn’t bother me really, as I rarely watch concert videos at home.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just bought the download
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    My vinyl copy did not come with any video discs, so I don’t think they’re packaged together. It doesn’t bother me really, as I rarely watch concert videos at home.
    Is it a pain in the arse flipping so many times on vinyl?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Is it a pain in the arse flipping so many times on vinyl?
    I dunno... It depends on my mood.

I bought the CD/DVD package of this and it's absolutely brilliant. To see/hear this music played with such enthusiasm, love and enjoyment brings a big smile to my face.
    I made a decision to forgo seeing this band in Malta while I was working/living there - an old friend was visiting from Australia. I should have gone - my friend would have understood.
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

Gary and Guy have an interesting Podcast series out now called Rockenteurs, where they take a music biz mate aside and chat over their career in music. The first episode fittingly was with Nick Mason, but there have been a whole load of very informative chats with some really big names in music.

Nick's tour of the US in the spring of 2022 has postponed until later in the year. Not surprising in Covid world.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Nick's tour of the US in the spring of 2022 has postponed until later in the year. Not surprising in Covid world.
    Not surprising at all.

I was hoping to get tickets for the Pittsburgh show, but never did. I can't imagine it didn't sell out.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Not surprising at all.

I was hoping to get tickets for the Pittsburgh show, but never did. I can't imagine it didn't sell out.
    I have a front row seat at The Fox Theater in Oakland and will happily wait until it comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    I have a front row seat at The Fox Theater in Oakland and will happily wait until it comes around.
    Personally, I'd rather be further back to take in the entire stage.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Personally, I'd rather be further back to take in the entire stage.
    I understand. To each his own. I always like to be as close as possible.

I found the 2CD & DVD set on promo and loved the show. It's kind of a sophisticated "cover" band who takes an obvious pleasure to play and perform these tracks live. I like it when they jump around like teenagers ( sorry but a bit the opposite of the actual Genesis tour)the music gains a freshness and the choice to play the Roundhouse (and smaller venues in general) is perfect. Nick Mason is / was a bit the underrated Floyd guy in terms of taste, for me the fact that he produced Robert Wyatt and Carla Bley puts him in a special league. I missed them in Paris , hope to see them at another occasion

Went to the concert in Bath on Saturday, fantastic show and now Echoes is in the setlist.
    Some clips I took:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...m4QZ7-TzTubIfr

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Went to the concert in Bath on Saturday, fantastic show and now Echoes is in the setlist.
    Some clips I took:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...m4QZ7-TzTubIfr
    Nice!

The band are currently in Australia and I went to the Brisbane concert last night. It's a great show and I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who's a fan of PF's 67-72 material.

Top tracks for me were Remember a Day, Astronomy Domine, The Nile Song, Childhood's End and, of course, Echoes.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-...-73a26aa5.html
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

The eons are closing
    Awesome!
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit