Thread: Harmonium was honored at the L'ADISQ ceremony in Quebec last night!

Harmonium was honored at the L'ADISQ ceremony in Quebec last night!

A very nice tribute for Harmonium last night.

"Each year, some sixty Félix trophies come to devote the talent and excellence of artists, producers and professionals of the record industry, the show and the video. Discover a little more about this great festival of Quebec music"

And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

thanks for sharing
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Very moving. What cultural significance.

Very nice and so long overdue....

I hope Fiori continues to write because his last album was pretty good. I think a reunion is probably not in the cards because of the complexity of the music. Not sure how many of the original members have kept their chops honed.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

BTW, Fiori and the gang haven't changed much (politically anyways), because the yellow ribbon on their lapels is in support of the Catalan separatists in jail
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Apparently, this just came out

Halfway under the Harmonium name, but this a Serge Fiori release as there are only three non-Farmonium tracks.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=61737

For those of us who don't want to do a captcha, what is it?

Craptcha has finished on PA a few moths ago: I guess M@X gave in to the collab demands , but unfortunately, this hasn't made the collabs that gave up come back, though.

I ordered the CD version, but I guess Canadian post will take its time.

Mine arrived on Thursday. Lovely 2-CD set featuring additional musicians and ideas on numerous Harmonium classics as well as some Serge solo and some Fiori-Séguin.

cd.jpg

cd1.jpg
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

It looks nice. Where did you buy it from?

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    It looks nice. Where did you buy it from?
    https://www.archambault.ca/music/ser...=2762026&cat=2
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Thanks! Done.

First opinions ??

mine arrived this morning and I popped in the car's deck and was surprised by the length (usually greatly reduced) and reworking of those tracks.

Orchestral remake of Harmonium classics
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/har...video-for-vert

By Jerry Ewing (Prog) 4 days ago

70s Canadian prog legends Harmonium get symphonic makeover on new album

70s Canadian progressive rock outfit Harmonium have had their music given an orchestral makeover for a brand new album, Histoires sans paroles – Harmonium Symphonique, which has been released by Quebec-based record company GSI Musique

A new animated video for the song Vert has also been released, which you can watch below. Vert, a celebration of the spring equinox, originally featured on Harmonium's second album, 1975'a Si on avait besoin d'une cinquième saison (If We Needed A Fifth Season), also known as Les Cinq Saisons (The Five Seasons).

“Working closely with multi-media firms Noisy Head Studio and Champagne Club Sandwich, animator Vince Hurtu and a talented team of producers, we were able to portray the themes of the original Vert in a style in perfect concordance with the orchestral interpretation of the new version from Histoires sans paroles – Harmonium Symphonique," says GSI Musique President Nicolas Lemieux. "We invite everyone to explore this video’s visual world and let the music and images wash over you!”

Harmonium, led by musical visionary Serge Fiori, were one of the most influential bands in Quebec music history. Over the course of just three years in its 70s run, Harmonium released three distinct albums: the self-titled Harmonium, its follow-up Si On Avait Besoin d'Une Cinquième Saison, and the band’s 1976b swan-song L'Heptade. In 2015, Rolling Stone magazine listed the album Si On Avait Besoin d’Une Cinquième Saison at number 36 of the Best 50 Progressive Rock Albums of all time and declared it “the pinnacle of the whole Folk-Prog movement.”

Histoires sans paroles – Harmonium Symphonique presents the band’s repertoire revisited and orchestrated by talented music arranger Simon Leclerc, who also co-produced the album with Serge Fiori under the artistic direction of Lemieux. A large ensemble featuring 68 musicians of the Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal (OSM) performed on the album, conducted by Maestro Leclerc at Montreal’s Maison Symphonique.

Apparently it has sold 80,000 copies and certified "platinum" in Quebec.