Thread: RIP Jimmy Farrar (Molly Hatchet)

RIP Jimmy Farrar (Molly Hatchet)

Lead vocalist from the Beatin the Odds and Take No Prisoners albums. In recent years, he has been the lead vocalist for Gator Country, which was a grouping of many former Molly Hatchet members.

This announcement was made on Gator Country's Facebook page:

** THE LORD HAS TAKEN ANOTHER ANGEL HOME!!! ** It Is With GREAT SADNESS That I Announce That ORIGINAL ERA MOLLY HATCHET Lead Singer, JIMMY FARRAR, Has Passed Away As Of 6:30am This Morning. Jimmy Was Born 1950 & Was 68 Years Old. Jimmy Died Of Congestive Heart Failure, Kidney Failure & Liver Failure. Jimmy Was With MOLLY HATCHET From 1980 - 1982, Singing ON TWO STUDIO Albums BEATIN' THE ODDS & TAKE NO PRISONERS. He Was Also With GATOR COUNTRY, The Reunited ORIGINAL ERA MOLLY HATCHET Band, From 2005 - 2010, Releasing ONE LIVE Album Called GATOR COUNTRY LIVE. He Had Pipes Of Gold On Him ** RIP JIMMY FARRAR!! HE WILL BE MISSED!! BEATIN' THE ODDS ONE MORE TIME!! **

RIP. I thought he was a good replacement for DJB, whose voice always reminded me of Kermit the Frog.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace.

Beatin' The Odds was the only Molly Hatchet record I ever owned. I always thought it was adecent record, though it's been a long time since I've listened to it. Seemed like they had a little more hard rock attack on that record than on the Danny Joe Brown era stuff (or at least the DJB era stuff that I've heard, like Flirtin' With Disaster itself and one or two other songs, where they sounded more like a "contemporary country" act).

Bummer.......the Farrar albums were both good IMO. I don't think there is anyone left now from the early years of this band.