Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Landberk

(at the Grammys 2019)

"And now ladies and gentlemen.....the moment you've all been waiting for......from Sweden.....THE ONE AND ONLY......LAAAAAANNNNNNDDDDBEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRKKKKK KK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(cricket.....cricket.......cricket..........)

(23 seconds later)........"Fuck Yeah!!!" (yelled in Swedish from some guy in the 23rd row balcony)

(cricket.....cricket.......)
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Your wanting something to occur is not the same as ‘huge demand’...
    No, it's not like it's ABBA or anything

The obscure prog reissue audience: fifty guys who are all hugely demanding.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

You got THAT right. The great prog fan conceit...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Holm-Lupo View Post
    You got THAT right. The great prog fan conceit...
    Do you deny that that one demand is huge? I have all the Landberk CDs somewhere, but I would actually love for a nice little clamshell box of them all from Esoteric, or Stefan's label. But I don't really expect it to happen even if I do demand it, biggly. Probably their output is too small and scattered among different labels to make that kind if release practical even if there was enough demand.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Do you deny that that one demand is huge? I have all the Landberk CDs somewhere, but I would actually love for a nice little clamshell box of them all from Esoteric, or Stefan's label. But I don't really expect it to happen even if I do demand it, biggly. Probably their output is too small and scattered among different labels to make that kind if release practical even if there was enough demand.
    TBH, even one demand is legitimate enough reason for reissues as far as Landberk is concerned. For my money Riktig Äkta/Lonely Land is the single most important album from the Scandinavian 90s prog revival. It is brilliant, unique, non-derivative and one of the most atmospheric albums I know of.

I think if Reine would educate his modern fans, via Dungen and such, about his past in Landberk, it might increase interest. On the other hand it is an albums whose charms are very, very subtle, and appealing to a very speficic audience of people whose interests lie in the mellotron-laden folk/prog overlap, so fans of his current music might still not get it.

All that said, I personally think that all the early Colours-releases (which include Landberk, Änglagård, Thule, Anekdoten, Tangle Edge and more) deserve lavish reissues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Holm-Lupo View Post
    All that said, I personally think that all the early Colours-releases (which include Landberk, Änglagård, Thule, Anekdoten, Tangle Edge and more) deserve lavish reissues.
    What is that, please?

I'd be in for Tangle Edge reissues (Dawn, Scorpio, Eulogy, up to Tarka, because they're probably long OOP
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Colours - Norwegian label run by Jørn Andersen in the early 90s. Single-handedly responsible for the 90s retro-prog wave by releasing the debuts by Landberk, Änglagård and Anekdoten.
    https://www.discogs.com/label/85299-Colours-2

Yeah, I guess they only released vinyls, coz the CD all appeared on different labels
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Steve F

I demand a Charles Ditto box...I hear there are hours and hours of outakes from his Texas Electric record

Can you make it happen?

thx babe

best
    m
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

Quote Originally Posted by neuroticdog View Post
    Steve F

I demand a Charles Ditto box...I hear there are hours and hours of outakes from his Texas Electric record

Can you make it happen?

thx babe

best
    m

Anyone who wants to make nearly anything happen CAN make anything happen. You just have to open your wallet and devote time to it.

Someone else's turn!

<crickets>
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Really diggin' "All Around Me" from Indian Summer. I've had this disc a while but its hitting me hard right now. Great production.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Really diggin' "All Around Me" from Indian Summer. I've had this disc a while but its hitting me hard right now. Great production.
    I always cite that album when people talk about great production. It's one of the few albums that really astounds me from a pure sonic perspective. Some good material here too, though overall I think I'm partial to their debut. All three are nice in their own way, though.

Bill

Many artists don't hold their early efforts in an especially high esteem, notwithstanding the views of the fan crowd. That goes for Paul Simon, Kraftwerk, Genesis, etc.
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent