Thread: Anathema - new compilation album Internal Landscapes

Anathema - new compilation album Internal Landscapes

For those of you who might be interested, Anathema have a new compilation album later this week. (26th in the UK and Europe, 2nd Nov in the US)

Internal Landscapes pulls together material from the band's 10 years on the Kscope label, and the choice of songs and running order has been worked up by the band, rather than the label.

On the one hand it's an easy cash-in for the label, but on the other hand it might prove a handy primer for folk who don't have any of the recent albums, but are interested in the band's current sound. It might also be a handy album to share with non-prog friends, as it works really well as an album in its own right.

I've put together a blog piece, written from the pov of someone who has bought all the Kscope albums over the years, which might help guide the undecided:

https://momentstransition.wordpress....ndscapes-2018/

Perhaps some of you will find it helpful.

Thanks for the review, lets hope it will help spread the word for the band. Re this compilation though, it includes 1 or 2 tracks that I actually don't like so I have already made my own anyway. Its usually the tracks that aren't written by Danny that stick out like a sore thumb for me and I find myself avoiding.

Brilliant band. I remember when they were a doom metal band and to watch their amazing evolution has been very cool. I love from AFDTE onward...