Thread: Rest in Peach, Chuck O'Meara / C.W. Vrtacek

Rest In Peace , Chuck O'Meara / C.W. Vrtacek

via Nick Didkovsky

-----

Very sorry to share the news of Chuck O'Meara's passing. He and I shared a lot of history starting right around 1980. We'd improvise together regularly on weekends back then, and he invited me to live in his home one Connecticut winter. He led by self-releasing a solo record, and I followed. Years later we collaborated on some projects including the $100 Guitar Project, The Monkey Farm, Flies In The Face of Logic, his band Forever Einstein, the Aphorism of the Day website, and others.

Extraordinarily prolific, Chuck would roll with an idea and gush out prose, music, poetry, and drawings at a mind blowing rate.
    Last edited by Steve F.; 10-22-2018 at 06:03 PM.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

RIP.

Very sad. I loved his band, Forever Einstein, which I was introduced to thanks to one of your CD sales, Steve. I was happy to see them perform live at ProgDay.

Sad news.
    When I started reviewing for a Dutch magazine in 1992 a lot of Cuneiform-albums came to me and "Opportunity Crosses The Bridge" by Forever Einstein was one of the first one.
    What a pleasant album to review! Fun and craftmanship! With "Bye Bye, Barbie" as a glorious closing piece.

Banned
    He certainly was a creative force and I image was not at all done, leaving us far too soon. Sad news indeed.

This is a very tough one for me to chew down, on a personal level.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

RIP. I enjoyed (and still do from time to time...) the Forever Einstein cds; to me they were a no-bullshit, indie rock version of instrumental 80s Crimson. And it is a shame that there isn't a Grammy category for best song title. FE would've won many of those!

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    I was happy to see them perform live at ProgDay.
    So was I. From the little I saw of Chuck, he was a real character - a grouch with a heart of gold.

Sorry, but I didn't catch on to this recent news until now. And I'm sincerely saddened by it.

Forever Einstein and his contributions to Biota (etc.) were great, but my single fave of his creations was always When Heaven Comes to Town, originally released on Recommended Records and featuring a neatly arranged collage of 'sound pics' (the title track) plus some extraordinary miniatures on side one in which his very obvious penchant for Erik Satie shines through on -so- many levels. Mostly performed on sampler/synth, it also contains one of the most gorgeously sombre, drone-based pieces of music I ever heard in "Saying Goodbye to the Beauty and Complexity of Life on Earth". I often envisioned this as a possible soundtrack to my own funeral, tho' it wouldn't matter if the chapel was empty.

So many good ones are leaving now. R.I.P.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ Im even later...

Sad to read. FE was a great one. RIP
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.