Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Triumvirat Video on Youtube!

New Triumvirat Video on Youtube!

Finally another bit of video!

Cool- but more than that- holy crap, was ELP on that show? That's clearly Kieth's GX-1 and it looks like Carl's drums setup...

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Cool- but more than that- holy crap, was ELP on that show? That's clearly Kieth's GX-1 and it looks like Carl's drums setup...
    Yes, ELP were on the show. That's the show where ELP played 'Tiger In A Spotlight' with the live tiger, plus Fanfare.

Last edited by Man In The Mountain; 02-17-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Ah, OK!

Is that “Truc Sserc!” on drums with “New Triumvirat”?

I couldn’t help but notice the link in the sidebar to this rare Helmut Hattler performance from 1978 (from his solo album Bassball):

Anyone know who the guitarist and drummer are? That’s clearly Ingo and Alto from Kraan on keys and sax, respectively.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

‘“What blow, Goblin?” said Corinius.’ --E. R. Eddison

N.P.:“Peel the Paint”-Gentle Giant/Three Friends

I remember watching them on a 70's show called "In Concert" ...which I believe was later changed to the title of Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. It seemed to be more than 30 minutes of music they performed. I would enjoy viewing that film again..however I don't believe it has ever surfaced over the years. Nevertheless..a good performance film to track down. In a vault somewhere..hopefully?

Quote Originally Posted by Enid View Post
    I remember watching them on a 70's show called "In Concert" ...which I believe was later changed to the title of Don Kirshner's Rock Concert. It seemed to be more than 30 minutes of music they performed. I would enjoy viewing that film again..however I don't believe it has ever surfaced over the years. Nevertheless..a good performance film to track down. In a vault somewhere..hopefully?
    Ah, yes, the Holy Grail of prog rock videos. I have checked with the host of In Concert at that time, Don E. Branker, about that performance and he told me that all the In Concert videos from that time were thrown out, and no longer exist. The band, existing of the classic lineup at that time of Fritz, Koellen, and Bathelt, did the complete music to the Illusions album live. It was originally aired in January of 1975.
    "and what music unites, man should not take apart"-Helmut Koellen

Thanks for this video, Man In The Mountain! I am on old dialup internet access (there are a few of us still left!) so can't watch it directly, but when i am at my sister's , that is the first thing i will do.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Is that “Truc Sserc!” on drums with “New Triumvirat”?

I couldn’t help but notice the link in the sidebar to this rare Helmut Hattler performance from 1978 (from his solo album Bassball):

Anyone know who the guitarist and drummer are? That’s clearly Ingo and Alto from Kraan on keys and sax, respectively.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

‘“What blow, Goblin?” said Corinius.’ --E. R. Eddison

N.P.:“Peel the Paint”-Gentle Giant/Three Friends
    When Helmut Hattler was recording his first solo album in 1977, Triumvirat's Helmut Koellen was recording his debut solo album at the same studio and time. Mr. Hattler told me that he met Koellen a couple of times there, just a few days before Helmut Koellen died.

Quote Originally Posted by presdoug View Post
    Ah, yes, the Holy Grail of prog rock videos. I have checked with the host of In Concert at that time, Don E. Branker, about that performance and he told me that all the In Concert videos from that time were thrown out, and no longer exist. The band, existing of the classic lineup at that time of Fritz, Koellen, and Bathelt, did the complete music to the Illusions album live. It was originally aired in January of 1975.
    Bloody hell! That's almost criminal that that is lost.

Sorry to further ELPify, but I found a third video from this show:

Show Me The Way To Go Home, with orchestral (& backing vocals) playback it seems

A live tiger? Oh, man! That is an over the top bad idea! I guess it's no surprise that Love Beach was soon to follow!

Banned
    hmmm....audio sounds like it's just from the album.

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    hmmm....audio sounds like it's just from the album.
    It does indeed. Still cool to see some video coverage. Thanks OP for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Bloody hell! That's almost criminal that that is lost.
    Criminal is the word for it.

A German contact of mine remembers seeing some interviews and performances of Triumvirat circa the Old Loves Die Hard album on a program in Germany called Bios Banhof Music. Who knows, maybe it will surface.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    It does indeed. Still cool to see some video coverage. Thanks OP for the post.
    yea, still a cool video. And by saying that it sounds like it's the album version, I dont' mean that it sounds like they are miming to the music (which is common on these types of shows, although I don't know about this particular show). Cool nonetheless and the ELP clips are cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by presdoug View Post
    Thanks for this video, Man In The Mountain! I am on old dialup internet access (there are a few of us still left!) so can't watch it directly, but when i am at my sister's , that is the first thing i will do.
    Cheers!
    I finally saw this video, and was very impressed, especially with Jurgen Fritz, youthful and in great form. I recognise the drummer as Matthias Holtmann, but don't recognize the bass player.

Actually, on a further viewing, that bassist looks like Dieter Petereit

There’s also a clip of the band lip-syncing to the single edit of “Hymn” floating around with Barry Palmer singing lead and backing vocals by Hanna Dölitzsch, Ulla Wiesner, Brigitte Witt and...um...some guy. I think it’s from the Disco show. I can’t seem to find it right now.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:“Montana (Whipping Floss)”-Frank Zappa/You Can’t Do That on Stage Anymore, Vol. 2 (The Helsinki Concert)

^I've seen that in the past, and it's interesting. Also in there doing backing vocals is Helmut Koellen's sister Elke, and her then husband to be Charly Schlimbach, if i'm not mistaken.

^All deleted.

All my links working.

Quote Originally Posted by rockcup View Post
    All my links working.
    I think that's because you're in Holland. Here in the U.S., I get

This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.