Thread: New Kinetic Element Album

New Kinetic Element Album

We're in the home stretch for our new album The Face of Life. It goes off to the Glass Hammer guys to be mixed very soon and the artwork is being done by Martin Kornick of Man In The Mountain. Yes, there's a fundraiser. We need to raise $8500 and as of today we've raised $2865. Please visit our GoFundMe and consider coming on board. https://www.gofundme.com/kinetic-ele...album-20182019

Please also visit our website at www.kineticelement.rocks. One of the pieces "All open eyes" is at the top of the Soundcloud audio list. I'd be happy to fill in interested parties on details of obtaining this record.

A lot has happened in the last two and a half years since we played ROSfest and Terra Incognita, and Progstock last year. Our guitarist quit, but Peter Matuchniak of the Gekko Project, The Steppes and Bomber Goggles joined us and we have completed our third album at last. We also have a wonderful new and eccentric singer named St. John Coleman from the Norfolk VA area. It will be on both CD and vinyl LP formats and of course we aspire to get onto a festival at least once more before we reach the end of the line.

I know I haven't been around as often as I used to be but following some advice I have returned and posted new threads here and on What's New. I was at Progstock and expect to be doing a vendor table at ROSfest next May if I can find the cash to do that. You might say that the record has me stretched very thin!

PROG LIVES. It keeps us young.
    A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission!

I'm getting "Campaign Not Found" with that link. Here's one that works:

https://www.gofundme.com/kinetic-ele...album-20182019

Anyway, I've been waiting for this one, so I'm definitely in!

And for those of you unfamiliar with Kinetic Element, check out their Bandcamp page:

https://kineticelement.bandcamp.com/

BTW, I'm following you guys there, why don't you send out something to your followers on Bandcamp about the campaign, I haven't seen anything.

Autobuy; just finagling how much I can kick in.

I think with the addition of Peter Matuchniak on guitar, this will be Kinetic Element's best album yet. The guy is jaw dropping incredible. So, if you liked what they've done in the past, don't pass this one for sure! And if you've never heard them, put your Progressive Ears on and check them out.

I've done some cool artwork for the package as well, and a nice t-shirt design. Hope you all can contribute something to the fundraiser.

Face-of-Life-Final-web.jpgKE-MODEL.jpg

Pixel, I hate to admit this but I don't know how to do that. I thought our Bandcamp was controlled by Melodic Revolution Records. It looks like I could start an account but then I'd just be redundant to the page already up. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by HoldYourFire View Post
    Pixel, I hate to admit this but I don't know how to do that. I thought our Bandcamp was controlled by Melodic Revolution Records. It looks like I could start an account but then I'd just be redundant to the page already up. Any advice?
    The account appears to be a standalone band account. Some record companies have accounts with multiple bands under them on Bandcamp but the Kinetic Element one doesn't appear to be that kind. They most likely created the account for Kinetic Element but obviously never gave you the login info. Your best bet would be to contact them (depending on your relationship) and see if they'll give you the account info or at the very least if they'd be willing to send a message to your followers. I have no clue how all any of that works legally though. If they own the rights to the albums up on Bandcamp then it's probably up to them how they choose to promote them I suppose (and collect the revenue from any sales done there).

Well the GoFundMe has netted us nearly $6000 of the $8500 we needed, and while we will be able to finish the production, we would like to thank the 75 people who have contributed.... BUT..... If you would like to come on board with us .... If we could miraculously get 25 more donors on board in the next week before we close the GoFundMe that would likely be another $1000 closer to the goal. How about it friends of KE? over two thousand people have seen the fundraiser and 75 have contributed. You can read the story, see the fundraiser interview video, and link to one of the new epics at https://www.gofundme.com/kinetic-ele...album-20182019 We long for the day when we'll be able to perform this for you. Meanwhile, working on the first piece of the NEXT album. No more four-year and six-year intervals for this band!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Hey Mike, I just kicked in something for the new album. Also, even though I know I have Powered by Light somewhere around here, I bought the digital version on Bandcamp. Watching the promo video for the new album moved me to help out as I could. Glad to push you over the $6000 mark in the GoFundMe! Prog on, my friend...

Thanks JED!!! Please if you would, drop a hint about this thing here and there OK? BTW posted a new song to Soundcloud. https://soundcloud.com/kinetic-eleme...-mix-3-11-24OK ... I am taking the plunge here with Epistle. It's only 7 minutes (short for us) and it goes by so fast you'll want to go back and listen again. Fingers crossed. Opening song on The Face of Life. And yes, the fundraiser is still up.

It's off to be mastered. Assuming this is good, we'll be getting the record off to Discmakers and the LP to Pirates Press by Christmas. We hoped to have it all in hand by then, but what can I tell ya? Let's keep fingers crossed that this turns out as good as Travelog did. :-)

Release Date for The Face of Life is Feb. 28th. Yes we will still take GoFundMe donations, but it's really pre-order time. The CD's arrived, they sound great, the T-shirts look awesome. Drop me a line on my Facebook page via PM or at bigroad3@gmail.com and tell me what you'd like to buy, we'll get the details worked out. We still have Travelog T-Shirts and CDs, Powered by Light CDs, and a bunch of my solo CD Starship Universe (cheap). Hope to hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by HoldYourFire View Post
    Release Date for The Face of Life is Feb. 28th. Yes we will still take GoFundMe donations, but it's really pre-order time. The CD's arrived, they sound great, the T-shirts look awesome. Drop me a line on my Facebook page via PM or at bigroad3@gmail.com and tell me what you'd like to buy, we'll get the details worked out. We still have Travelog T-Shirts and CDs, Powered by Light CDs, and a bunch of my solo CD Starship Universe (cheap). Hope to hear from you!
    I know this is typical of releases so I'm not complaining, just curious... if the CDs are mastered and ready why wait another month plus until it's released? I mean, especially in the digital world where you don't even need a physical product, why not just release it when it's finished?

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    if the CDs are mastered and ready why wait another month plus until it's released?
    I believe the vinyl version was delayed in production. So the band wants to release both the CD & Vinyl at the same time, so that the people who ordered vinyl don't feel like they are missing out that everyone else has the CD already.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    I believe the vinyl version was delayed in production. So the band wants to release both the CD & Vinyl at the same time, so that the people who ordered vinyl don't feel like they are missing out that everyone else has the CD already.
    Oh great, I'll add it to the the ever growing list of reasons why I hate vinyl.

Friends and fellow travelers, the Face of Life CDs are in. You can pre-order ahead of the Feb. 28 release date. And pre-orders actually will go out the same time as the donors as soon as we get the CDs Peter has to autograph back from him (he lives in California). That will be a bit ahead of the release date. You can hear a couple of the new pieces here: https://soundcloud.com/kinetic-element They are the first two pieces at the top of the list. Please drop me a line on my page via PM and you will get the details on how to order. We will be posting links to reviews fairly soon because we have just engaged PR people in the US and the UK. But the music speaks for itself. The CD will be available from CD Baby and Melodic Revolution Records on Feb. 28. We still have bills to pay on this record. If you hear the music and it scratches your prog rock itch, please favor us with a pre-order! Prog Lives. It keeps us young.
    Last edited by HoldYourFire; 01-27-2019 at 10:00 PM.

NEW MUSIC BEING COMPOSED. While we are waiting for the vinyl of The Face of Life to be finished, and sending out rewards to our GoFundMe donors, and filling orders for the CD version, KE has embarked on another ambitious album project with what is now a 17-plus minute epic to be called Chasing the Lesser Light. Guitarist Peter Matuchniak suggested that the 50th anniversary year of the Apollo moon landing would be a good theme for us, and we're going full spped ahead with this epic, and two shorter pieces composed by Peter. So we don't know whether 2019 will be another disappointment as far as the festivals are concerned, but music is the burning passion in our souls, and we will keep making new music as long as we can. Prog Lives. It keeps us young.

How about that. Kinetic Element has the last word at Progstock 2019 with the Sunday night afterparty show. Very gratified that we did not, in fact, get passed over after all the great reviews that have come in for The Face of Life. You can still order it from us, from Melodic Revolution (bandcamp) or CDBaby. We look forwrd to seeing you all this fall as we debut The face of Life with our newest member, guitarist Peter Matuchniak. We may debut our newest epic being worked on now.
    https://kineticelement.bandcamp.com/
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/kineticelement3 And Syn-Phonic too!