Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: JON ANDERSON: 1000 Hands

SET LIST??????
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    SET LIST??????
    Haven't seen one. But my understanding is the Epcot show are a series of short 30 minute sets that he does throughout the day.

Songs I've seen listed...
    Owner
    Where Does Music Come From (Debut)
    America
    Sweet Dreams
    Seen All Good People
    Makes Me Happy (Debut)
    Starship Trooper
    Yours is No Disgrace
    Ramalama (Debut)
    Roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Haven't seen one. But my understanding is the Epcot show are a series of short 30 minute sets that he does throughout the day.

Songs I've seen listed...
    Owner
    Where Does Music Come From (Debut)
    America
    Sweet Dreams
    Seen All Good People
    Makes Me Happy (Debut)
    Starship Trooper
    Yours is No Disgrace
    Ramalama (Debut)
    Roundabout
    That would explain this, then. I was wondering why I was seeing different lists.

https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=jon+anderson

Where are the Olias songs?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Ember
    Epcot is a weird venue, where a lot of the audience just wanders by not knowing who's playing or necessarily even intending to attend a concert. (When we were there years ago, we stumbled upon Roger Hodgson playing Supertramp songs solo). If I were Anderson, I'd consider this a tune-up gig, not necessarily representative of a full show designed for actual fans who paid to be there.

These clips do make me optimistic for the Collingswood show in April. Jon seems to be in great voice. The band seems capable and sincere, if under-rehearsed. The mix of material could be fun.
    Last edited by rdclark; 03-12-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Banned
    Based on this thread, perhaps Jon should rename this the "1000 dicks" tour. Who knows, it might even help attendance...
    Last edited by Buddhabreath; 03-12-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Not much solo Anderson material in this set list. I guess these unfamiliar titles listed are from the forthcoming album. I hope he plays a lot of Anderson material, Jon and Vangelis, etc on his upcoming dates. I've heard Starship Trooper a million times by various incarnations of Yes, would like to hear all the non-Yes stuff for a change. Would be nice if he played a chunk of the Anderson Stolt record, perhaps that will never make it to the stage.

Someone captured the 30-min set:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    These are the summer dates that I have seen on sale. There might be more.
    July 29th Ocean City (NJ) Music Pier
    Aug 9th Rocking on the River - Detroit
    Aug 29th The Rose, Pasadena, CA
    Aug 30th Libbey Bowl - Ojai, CA
    Sept 1 The Canyon - Montclair, CA
    Thanks for the update, where can I go to get current updates on any added shows so I'm not finding out after half the tix are sold? I've checked everywhere and haven't seen those summer dates listed anywhere, I'm hoping there might be some additional summer dates added somewhere in the NY,NJ, Philly area. I'm seeing him in Collingswood but would like to catch another show later in the tour, unfortunately I can't make the July AC show

Quote Originally Posted by doneg View Post
    Thanks for the update, where can I go to get current updates on any added shows so I'm not finding out after half the tix are sold?
    Great question. Hopefully at some point he (or whoever runs his website) will post the summer dates in full. I can only guess they aren't all routed yet and the venues he does book just go ahead with the ticket sales.

I love Sweet Dreams but I've heard enough of All Good People to last me a lifetime and beyond. I'm convinced this song was conceived for the purpose of giving people in the audience a pee break...and when they play it, it goes on and on and on..
    He could've very easily ditched that song and done a solo song.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I've heard enough of All Good People to last me a lifetime and beyond. I'm convinced this song was conceived for the purpose of giving people in the audience a pee break...
    Blasphemy!

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Blasphemy!
    yep!

I'll let him know in person when we see him in May.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

I love Sweet Dreams but I've heard enough of All Good People to last me a lifetime and beyond. I'm convinced this song was conceived for the purpose of giving people in the audience a pee break...and when they play it, it goes on and on and on.
    Back in the day "I've Seen All Good People" was one of -- if not the -- most popular song in the setlist. I think sometimes we prog fans are in the minority when it comes to crowd-pleasers like that.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    I think sometimes we prog fans are in the minority when it comes to crowd-pleasers like that.
    Many prog fans live in a bubble.

I actually like the studio version of the song, but after hearing them play it live for decades, it's become one of those songs they've watered down(probably from being sick of playing it every tour since god made apples). And so they made it be-boppy or jazzy and just fool around with it and then they take the ending and go on and on. It's like they turned it into a party song and I agree, it does seem like a crowd pleaser and I look around and go why???

It's like they turned it into a party song and I agree, it does seem like a crowd pleaser and I look around and go why???
    Because most of the crowd haven't heard it a million times like you and I have. My main beef with the song is that I haven't seen Yes play it with half the energy they used to back in the early 70s. Even by the end of that decade they'd slowed it down and pulled back on the "rawk" firepower that was all over the Yessongs version. Some of the more recent renditions make me want to curl up and take a nap!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

The eons are closing
    It needs to return to the 1st half of the sets like it was in the beginning. The earlier the better - it would give the tune a different energy again.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

For all the fans of "I've Seen All Good People" in this thread:

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I think it sounds very nice.

Why is the lady violinist wearing bunny ears? Doesn't sound bad at all. I couldn't hear the violin though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Why is the lady violinist wearing bunny ears? Doesn't sound bad at all. I couldn't hear the violin though.
    I think those are Mickey Mouse ears. They are playing at Disney World. And I thought the violin was quite clear.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    I think those are Mickey Mouse ears. They are playing at Disney World. And I thought the violin was quite clear.
    Makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Sweet Dreams but I've heard enough of All Good People to last me a lifetime and beyond. I'm convinced this song was conceived for the purpose of giving people in the audience a pee break...and when they play it, it goes on and on and on..
    He could've very easily ditched that song and done a solo song.
    I do like the 'Your Move' half quite a bit, but I'm with you on the repetitive 2nd half. Probably does it because it was a hit.

When I saw him he didn't do nearly enough solo songs, maybe one, so I'm glad to see some on this go around.

Jon sounds great but the band isn't that great. Would love to see Jon with Jimmy Haun on guitar, Miguel or the bassist from Benoit's Yes tribute band Close to the Edge, Tom Brislin, and a skilled young drummer.
    His current band reminds me a bit of Dylan's big band that were on his "Live At Budokon" album.

A song from the new album: