Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425

Thread: JON ANDERSON: 1000 Hands

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    This has actually been a very unusually cool summer so far. Today the high is only in the 60's with rain and I think we have only hit 80 once which is really weird. I certainly hope it warms up eventually
    Heat Wave in Ottawa this week. 91 degrees tomorrow. It's been a brutal cold winter this year so I'll NEVER complain about this heat wave.

Quote Originally Posted by doneg View Post
    I seen the show in April and it was better than l expected so I'm considering seeing another show on the upcoming second leg, but as much as l enjoyed the first one I'm not sure l want to see the same exact show over again, is there any info on whether there will any changes to the setlist?
    Are they hitting spots they missed on the first leg? (Normal procedure for a 2nd leg.) I don't have any inside information, but my best guess is that the setlists will essentially (maybe identically) be the same.
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Are they hitting spots they missed on the first leg? (Normal procedure for a 2nd leg.) I don't have any inside information, but my best guess is that the setlists will essentially (maybe identically) be the same.
    I didn't pay much attention to the previous dates other than the ones in my area, NY/NJ/PA, so im not sure how the upcoming set of tour dates compare to the last ones or whether they're hitting new areas or not, but l seen the show in NJ last April and they're doing two NJ dates in July and August. As for the setlist, yeah normally I'd figure on the same show but they're kicking off the tour with four shows at Levon Helm studios in Woodstock,NY, 3 of them are rehearsal shows, so whether those are just to rehearse the same songs or because they're trying new one's is what I'm wondering, l guess we'll see in a few weeks. I was hoping to find out something sooner so l can decide to purchase tickets without waiting too much longer

^ Under that scenario, it sounds like a revamped setlist is a possibility.
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Under that scenario, it sounds like a revamped setlist is a possibility.
    Apparently, Jon has said that at least one new song will be performed -

SPOILER AHEAD:

CttE
    Amazon Marketplace - http://www.amazon.com/shops/A3UJ306B3ZDWF4
    Many hard to find CDs (mostly prog)

Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    Apparently, Jon has said that at least one new song will be performed -

SPOILER AHEAD:

CttE
    If I recall correctly, he mentioned that track in reference to next year.

New music video for "Now":

And a new video promo for the next leg of the 3-year tour:

Quote Originally Posted by doneg View Post
    I was hoping to find out something sooner so l can decide to purchase tickets without waiting too much longer
    The first date on the tour is July 24th, so you probably won't be able to find out if the setlist has changed before then. Yes, there are some new locations/venues on this next leg of the tour but more or less it's the same overall trajectory. I've heard comments that this tour will continue off and on for more than a year or two, in various places around the globe, and yes he has mentioned adding some big pieces to the setlist in future years. Given all of that, I would expect this new leg of the tour will largely be the same setlist as the spring. If he continues with this band and they come back to the States in 2020, by then I would think a good chunk of the setlist will have changed. That's all speculation, of course, but it seems likely given band rehearsal times and whatnot.