Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New STERBUS double album - "Real Estate / Fake Inverno"

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    Hell yeah brutha.
    Thanks mate!
    Unfortunately it looks like me and Dominique won't make it to Salisbury this year...

Quote Originally Posted by Sterbus View Post
    Thanks mate!
    Unfortunately it looks like me and Dominique won't make it to Salisbury this year...
    You both will be sorely missed. I wanted to buy you dessert again!

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    You both will be sorely missed. I wanted to buy you dessert again!
    You'll buy one when we come to Austin!

You'll buy one when we come to Austin!
    just let me know - your lodging and food are covered mate! Oh yeah - dessert too. xx

A new video for the more power-pop jingle-jangle guitar song of the album...

^^^

Its great man! Awesome tune too

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Its great man! Awesome tune too
    Thank you... In the end I think that what I like most as a songwriter is to write a good uplifting tune, and then try to fill it with something unexpected, an odd chord change, an odd drum pattern, or weird instrumentation... but after all I'm a pop guy, even if I listen to Meshuggah and Strapping Young Lad when I need to relax.

I know there are some fans of my work here so I think it's right to update them!
    Here's our latest video from the album...
    The intro is coming from our release-party-concert at The Water Rats last year when we supported Major Parkinson!
    We hope to release the whole footage of that evening soon!

Now, this is TRAPEZE !

I know there are some fans of my work here so I think it's right to update them!
    Here's our latest video from the album...
    The intro is coming from our release-party-concert at The Water Rats last year when we supported Major Parkinson!
    We hope to release the whole footage of that evening soon!

Now, this is TRAPEZE !

For who is interested, tonight we will have a live stream here from Rome on Facebook!
    Quarantene days so everything is happening in our living room!

Just go to the Sterbus page on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/sterbus/

You will also find yesterday's show!

For who is interested, ONLY TODAY, our double cd will be on a special sale... only 10 pounds. Thanks Bandcamp, cause today is that day when all the profits go to the artists!

https://sterbus.bandcamp.com/

^ I just ordered it. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    ^ I just ordered it. Thanks for the heads up.
    Thank you! I owe you a beer, maybe at the next convention?

Thank you! I owe you a beer, maybe at the next convention?
    Sure thing, man. I hope to make it over there one of these days.

Well, while I want to thank you all again for the amazing response to the Bandcamp Friday - hey you americans you still have seven hours!! - I want to share my remix of Steven Wilson' Personal Shopper...
    I only kept the vocals, changed the speed, changed all the chords... hope you like it!

https://soundcloud.com/sterbus/steve...del-grgbnd-rmx

Live footage from The Water Rats, London, supporting Major Parkinson, combined with the studio version of the song Prosopopeye.
    Bob Leith of Cardiacs was in the band, Tim Smith in the audience, what a night.

For all the STERBUS followers, you might be happy to know that a new album is in the making, we just started tracking drums for nine new songs. I'll keep you updated

I loved the previous one, so keep us posted! [emoji106]

Happy to be featured in the Bandcamp Daily Page... for those who's asking what I do, here's some accurate words about us, and a link to our recent album.
    Thanks for your attention

"For Rome’s Sterbus, being “progressive” is all about evolving. Though they have a solid grounding in vintage prog, Emanuele Sterbini and Dominique D’Avanzo never directly reproduce old-school styles. Instead, they apply those tenets of surprise and sophistication to alt rock, acoustic balladry, power pop, and whatever else tickles their fancy. A key influence is the post-punk/art-rock amalgam of UK cult heroes Cardiacs, underlined even further by the presence of Cardiacs drummer Bob Leith on 2018’s Real Estate/Fake Inverno."

https://daily.bandcamp.com/lists/italian-prog-list

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ I was happy to see Sterbus featured, and to see this whole article on Bandcamp. It must be nice for you to have such a high profile piece to show to family and friends!

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ I was happy to see Sterbus featured, and to see this whole article on Bandcamp. It must be nice for you to have such a high profile piece to show to family and friends!
    Well, in the end the article brought 1500+ people to listen at least one song so I'm ok with it. Some bought it, someone write me to say that they liked what they heard, in my little word I'm happy.

Hello! Just wanted to tell you two things: our new album, called "LET YOUR GARDEN SLEEP IN" will be out on (Bandcamp) Friday 5th of November!

Also, "REAL ESTATE / FAKE INVERNO" is finally on Spotify, here:

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    I loved the previous one, so keep us posted! [emoji106]
    I'm glad you asked!
    I won't start new threads so I'll keep posting my music here. If someone knows if there's a way to change the title of the thread itself let me know, I'll find a more apt one!

However, this is my latest album, it's called "LET YOUR GARDEN SLEEP IN" and it's really more a power-pop affair than ever before. Still, I tried to maintain a certain focus on songwriting, arrangements and structures, trying to condense everything in 3.30 minutes songs (except the last one, that is still a eight minutes epic!)

I hope you like it. The limited edition of 100 hand-numbered copies went sold-out in less than two days ( ) but the standard digipack cd is available on the link...
    So, here's the music! Let me know your thoughts!

https://sterbus.bandcamp.com/album/l...arden-sleep-in

Congrats Sterbus! I've been hitting the previous album and really really digging it. Its a such a beautiful and creative album, and I love the Tim-isms influence at times
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson