Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: NEAL MORSE BAND: The Great Adventure - January 25 2019

I am strangely very excited to hear Jesus Christ The Exorcist.
    The Prog Corner

yes i'm on the fence with this one too. as an Atheist, i usually stay clear of Neal's religious solo albums.
    although a concept album about the life of Jesus Christ, it's also a hodge podge of misc. 'talent' stacked together.
    Neal has his circle of friends, associates and stalkers surrounding him. there's just too many cooks in the kitchen here.
    i'll remain open, but not going to get this one right away... i'll wait for the hype to run it's course.

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    yes i'm on the fence with this one too. as an Atheist, i usually stay clear of Neal's religious solo albums.
    Until now, I've been more or less okay with them. With the Testimony albums, he wanted to tell the story of what happened in his own life, and I can't begrudge the guy for that - not to mention, it led to some fantastic music. But this time... I don't know. With a somewhat lukewarm double concept CD just released, I can't say I'm excited for yet another one - and this time, a flat-out, 100% biblical story at that.

Perhaps I will be wrong - although it is sure to be the same formula as always, maybe there will be melodies that I just can't resist (he's good like that) and maybe the lyrics won't bash me over the head with bible stuff (the song titles don't point in that direction, however). And if so, sign me up. As it stands, this one is not an auto-buy...
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Having lived through a portion of my life attached to the kind of Christianity Neal ascribes to, I have no need to sit through hearing it all again.

i was listening to the samples on itunes of all the songs. this definitely has a Broadway musical sound to it. perhaps that was the intent- a musical version of King Of Kings. i know Neal is a very busy man these days, but it would have been better timing to release this before Passover & Easter, not in the summer. it will be a while before we see another Neal Morse Band record- Flying Colors cd/tour later this year, Transatlantic 2020/1. so maybe this 'bone' will keep us satisfied until 2022.

I'll wait for Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Looking forward to the next Flying Colors album, that's the only Morse related music I will buy these days. I guess that's because he doesn't dominate that band like he did with Transatlantic/Spock's. Another double cd of Neal solo just makes me shudder at the thought of it...

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    I am strangely very excited to hear Jesus Christ The Exorcist.
    Same here !!

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    I'll wait for Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter.
    HAHAHA!!!!

I got a chance to listen to the "The Great Adventour" live album recently and I was reminded how much of a step down that TGA feels to me compared to Similitude and TGE. I keep coming back to Neal because he's still capable of putting out some great material, but he can find ways to suck the life out of ya too.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    I got a chance to listen to the "The Great Adventour" live album recently and I was reminded how much of a step down that TGA feels to me compared to Similitude and TGE. I keep coming back to Neal because he's still capable of putting out some great material, but he can find ways to suck the life out of ya too.
    Interesting... I liked much more TGA album to the effect that I went to Nashville (I'm from Oregon) to the Morsefest to watch it again. It resulted that the last Morsefest was the most successful one, they got much more people than expected. It was hard to find available seats so they have to delay the show. I was planing to go again this year (well probably will not happen, of course).

I found TGA with much more harmonies and melodic.

Quote Originally Posted by IncogNeato View Post
    Having lived through a portion of my life attached to the kind of Christianity Neal ascribes to, I have no need to sit through hearing it all again.
    I think the music may be different.