Thread: Roon Software?

Roon Software?

Anyone using Roon software? I recently purchased it for my music streaming. Mostly positive results.

IMG_20181012_110635.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Anyone using Roon software? I recently purchased it for my music streaming. Mostly positive results.

IMG_20181012_110635.jpg
    I'm trying to think of things for which it wouldn't be able to pull any info. I know I've tried to tag some ripped CDs and not found anything in the different databases offered by the tagging software. Do you have the Curious Works CD? Maybe a CD by the French band Silver Lining? (Sorry, Thierry!) I'm just curious to see what it looks like when it has no idea what the album is. Also, some very new albums will have no info in the databases.

It just sort of irks me when a product like this is presented as "all knowing," when of course there will be albums that stump it. Not saying it isn't overall worthwhile, since it does look pretty cool.

I rip CDs using another program, which uses CDDB to get information on releases. From Rune, I can then go in and edit the artist, album, etc. What Roon seems to be lacking is the ability to share information from other users; I believe that Roon wants to be the big gatekeeper about artist data. Good example, King Crimson has the "aka Discipline" shown by it. Now who decided that should be there? Robert Fripp? Bruce Eder? Someone at Roon?
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"