Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Dream Theater DVD in 3D

Again, 3D TV just never made sense to me. Having to wear glasses to watch TV is just stupid. What if you already wear glasses? What if you misplace or break the glasses? And even if you didn't need them (doesn't this technology exist now?), does the experience really warrant the insane price tag? The few times I've seen it, I'd rather watch good old 2D TV.

But I'm sure 80s will say I think it's 1979.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Again, 3D TV just never made sense to me. Having to wear glasses to watch TV is just stupid. What if you already wear glasses? What if you misplace or break the glasses? And even if you didn't need them (doesn't this technology exist now?), does the experience really warrant the insane price tag? The few times I've seen it, I'd rather watch good old 2D TV.

But I'm sure 80s will say I think it's 1979.
    um no, I don't see the value in 3D tv either.

Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    it's quite simple- as humans, we SEE in 3D - so why is a 3D movie such a big deal? By the way, looks like 3D tv's are a bust.
    I agree about the tv's. No, you don't see 3d when looking at a screen, since the images are not in 3d. As for movies, some can look amazing in 3d, like Avatar. It enhanced the visuals dramatically. The Disney version of "A Christmas Carol" also looked incredible in a theater in 3d.

Never mind all the tech details. based on the trailer, looks like I"m going to jump on the pre-order when it comes along.

I'm holding out for the Live In Your Living Room Hologram Limited Edition. 3D is so 10 minutes ago.

Is there a link to the trailer?

i watched it at www.dreamtheater.net

it's also on youtube.

Thanks - yeah, Its an auto-buy.

Have to disagree with the 3D naysayers ! The technology has defo advanced over recent years ! As mentioned earlier , I saw a 3D Alice Cooper concert at a freinds house on a 50" 3D acive TV in 5:1 sound . It defineatly enhanced the enjoyment & experience of watching a concert in your own living room!

I'll have to take your word for it, Rufus. I can't see any value in it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    the phrase "Watching a concert in your living room"...does not compute.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Again, 3D TV just never made sense to me. .

Yeah, I've heard/seen that comparison before. Always thought it was a stupid argument - no personal offense intended.

Quote Originally Posted by 80s were ok View Post
    the phrase "Watching a concert in your living room"...does not compute.
    Maybe not for you which is your loss, not mine !!!

I understand where all the negative vibes are coming from because up until recently my experience of 3D had been sat in cinema wearing flimsy cardboard goggles, the visuals being more double vision than 3D. The technology now is much better & the shutter glasses have improved the visuals ++++. It's up to you if you don't want to experience it ! I for one will be getting the new DT video in 3D
    Last edited by Rufus; 02-22-2013 at 07:04 AM.