Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New music and tour from Joe Jackson

Anyone here a fan of “Laughter And Lust”? It came and went rather quickly when it came out, but I think it has some of Joe’s best songwriting on it. Not a clunker on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Anyone here a fan of “Laughter And Lust”? It came and went rather quickly when it came out, but I think it has some of Joe’s best songwriting on it. Not a clunker on it.
    That's one of my absolute faves. A Top 5 Joe Jackson record for me.

Yes, another very good one. For me it was a bit overshadowed by Blaze Of Glory which felt more ambitious and more intense, but it's a great collection of songs indeed.

Huh, I have a complete collection of his studio albums - no live,collections, which I don't think I need. Favorite is Jump and Jive, laughter and lust is my next, but they're all great. I had no idea his catalogue is not all available. That's weird. I will, of course, be adding this one. Joe Jackson is such an amazing talent. His band is intimidating, such great musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Huh, I have a complete collection of his studio albums - no live,collections, which I don't think I need. Favorite is Jump and Jive, laughter and lust is my next, but they're all great. I had no idea his catalogue is not all available. That's weird. I will, of course, be adding this one. Joe Jackson is such an amazing talent. His band is intimidating, such great musicians.
    His live stuff often has different arrangements.

Saw the Blaze of Glory tour at the Greek Theater, Berkley. Totally amazing band playing incredible music.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    On the "Joe Jackson Live 1980 to 1986" album he does 3 different versions of "Is She Really Going Out With Him" all of them completely different. A great live album BTW.

On the "Joe Jackson Live 1980 to 1986" album he does 3 different versions of "Is She Really Going Out With Him" all of them completely different. A great live album BTW.
    Alas one I don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I love his live stuff. He can play the same song 10 different ways. I love it.

Took me a few years to get into, but I grew to like it a lot.

One of my favorite of his live albums. Great performances on that one.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Boston Wed., then Montreal in May. Digging the new LP.

Saw the show in Toronto last night - really enjoyed it. They didn't do as much of the radical re-arrangements as they have in the past but a solid selection of songs and the band was really tight.

And any time you get to see the great Graham Maby on bass it's a win.

Got tix for May. I've been a fan since the debut but never seen him live. A bucket list show for me. The new record is very strong IMO.