Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King's X in 2019: New Album + Book

King's X in 2019: New Album + Book

New album coming in 2019 from King's X, 1st since 2008's XV.

And a new Book about their history coming out on February 19th.

King's X: The Oral History
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/19...t_bibl_vppi_i0

https://www.facebook.com/notes/kings...79/?__tn__=H-R

Rock Legends KING’S X, Sign to Golden Robot Records, Set to Release First New Album in Over a Decade in 2019!
    KING'S X·MONDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2018
    For Immediate Release
    October 8, 2018
    Rock Legends KING’S X Join Golden Robot Records, Set to Release First New Album in Over a Decade in 2019
    Australia’s leading international independent record label, Golden Robot Records continues to grow at an unprecedented pace. The label is absolutely thrilled to announce that globally revered, Billboard-charting rock icons KING’S X are now part of their ever-growing international roster. KING’S X recently signed a global deal with Golden Robot Records which will see their long-awaited forthcoming new album released worldwide in 2019 via Golden Robot Records’ partners in the U.S., Europe and Japan.
    "I’m really excited to release the next KING’S X album with Mark, Derek and the crew at Golden Robot! May the groove be with us all,” says vocalist/bassist dUg Pinnick. Guitarist Ty Tabor adds, "I'm looking forward to working with Golden Robot Records!"
    Drummer Jerry Gaskill adds, "It's been a while since we've made a record. During that time, I've been thinking, when and if we make a new record, I want it to be the best we can do. I want to believe in it. I want to make it great, whatever it takes. I don't want to just make another KING'S X record. I think and hope that we are in that place. I think and hope its time and I feel good about the team we'll be working with at Golden Robot Records. I'm going do my best. Let's do this thing.”
    "When we started to talk to KING’S X about signing with Golden Robot in the U.S. and we met dUg in LA a few times, I knew 100% that we would end up working with them. I’m loving the fact they are still the original members and I really believe this new album will be there best yet! It's incredible how many people inside the industry – and I'm talking about very well-known musicians – love these guys and can’t wait for a new album. We are all very excited indeed,” says Mark Alexander-Erber, Group Founder and President.
    “I am delighted to finally be able to work with one the most respected, creative rock bands of the past 30+ years. KING’S X is not only a superb rock band with an ardent fan base, but are also a ‘musician musicians’ band. Golden Robot Records is determined to finally help KING'S X receive the worldwide recognition it fully deserves,” says Derek Shulman, Executive Chairman of Worldwide Expansion.
    Since the release of their debut record, Out Of The Silent Planet, in 1988, KING’S X released a dozen albums that have seen them rightfully earn their place on the rock royalty family tree. Fusing progressive metal, funk and soul grooves with vocal arrangements rooted in blues, gospel and even the British Invasion era influences, KING’S X created a style all their own which continues to be an inspiration for bands to this day.
    Featuring vocalist and bassist Doug Pinnick, guitarist Ty Tabor and drummer Jerry Gaskill, KING’S X have never changed their line-up, a rarity in the music world and a testament to the band and musicians and friends.
    Critically acclaimed from the start, KING’S X are musician’s musicians, name-dropped by everyone from Anthrax and Suicidal Tendencies to Iron Maiden and Blue Murder for their instrumental prowess. Pearl Jam's bassist Jeff Ament even declared that "KING'S X invented grunge”. They also enjoyed a long life via the David Letterman Show with their track, “We Were Born To Be Loved” (from 1990’s Faith Hope Love), also a favorite of the Paul Shaffer’s CBS Orchestra to play during commercial breaks.
    In 1992, KING’S X signed to Atlantic Records/Megaforce Records, released three albums and toured with bands as diverse as Scorpions, Type O Negative and Pearl Jam. In the early 2000’s, KING’S X released three studio albums and their first official live album via Metal Blade Records. In 2005, the band signed to German-based progressive music specialty label, InsideOut Music, and released Ogre Tones, an album described as a return to the bands classic sound. KING’S X forged ahead with new albums, DVD’s and tours up until 2012, when drummer Jerry Gaskill suffered a major heart attack. The band then quickly compiled an exclusive live release from their archives entitled, Burning Down Boston. The proceeds of which went directly to assisting Gaskill with his medical expenses. They rolled on for two more years until Jerry suffered another heart attack, which resulted in him having a double bypass operation and ultimately led to the band taking an indefinite hiatus.
    This break didn’t last long, as they were back on the road in mid-2015, shortly afterward announcing they would begin work on a new studio album. This would be the band’s first since 2008’s XV. KING’S X began meetings with Golden Robot Records management in Los Angeles in early 2017, eventually signing a global deal in October 2018.
    While it’s been a decade since KING’S X have released a new record, the wait has definitely been worth it! Watch this space for news on the forthcoming album in the very near future.
    Golden Robot Records online:
    www.goldenrobotrecords.com
    www.facebook.com/goldenrobotrecords
    www.twitter.com/goldenrobotrec
    www.instagram.com/goldenrobotrecords
    KING’S X online:
    www.kingsxrocks.com
    www.facebook.com/kingsxfanpage
    www.twitter.com/kingsx
    www.instagram.com/kingsxofficial
    Spotify
    About Golden Robot Records:
    KING’S X are now part of a growing international roster that includes such iconic artists as Guns ’N' Roses keyboardist Dizzy Reed, Puddle of Mudd, Little Caesar and the all-star band A New Revenge, which features Tim ‘Ripper’ Owens, Keri Kelli, Rudy Sarzo and James Kottak. Plus, Golden Robot Records boasts an incredible line up of Aussie acts, led by Rose Tattoo and featuring Steve Kilbey, The Lazys, Palace Of The King, Jailbirds, Fyre Byrd, The Kids, Destrends, Flickertail and many more. Watch out for more incredible names who will be joining Golden Robot Records international roster in the near future!
    Golden Robot Records now own four record labels and have teams in every major market in the world: Sydney, Los Angeles, New York, Hamburg, London, Tokyo and Auckland. With globally experienced music industry veterans heading up key roles in A&R, Management, Marketing and Publicity, Golden Robot Records are able to give their roster maximum exposure and support.

FANTASTIC NEWS!!

An Australian record company, that's interesting. I wonder if they will be using an outside producer this time around.

I've been a fan from the beginning and honestly the last couple albums didn't stick with me that well. Lately if i'm jonesing for some newer King's X i've been going to the KXM Scatterbrain album, it's really damn good (never been a follower of Mr Scary but i like him here).

Looking forward to the new material.

That's great news! I've seen King's X live four times and they always bring it 100%. One of the most energetic bands I've seen.

I just now, because of the thread title, listened to Kings X for the first time. I loved what I heard of Dogman. Now I need to check their catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    I just now, because of the thread title, listened to Kings X for the first time. I loved what I heard of Dogman. Now I need to check their catalog.
    Gretchen Goes to Nebraska should be ur 1st purchase

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

In this order:

Gretchen Goes To Nebraska (1989)
    Faith Hope Love (1990)
    King's X (1992)
    Out of the Silent Planet (1988)
    Ear Candy (1996)

Enjoy!

Why should Gretchen... be first?

Because it is their best?

Autobuy for me. While Ogre Tones and XV are not perfect, both contain more than a few songs I can't live without. So more King's X = always better for me.

(well.... Black Like Sunday I don't play. But all the others? Yeah)

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    Because it is their best?
    Faith, Hope, Love has always been my favourite. Just loaded with great song-writing from top-to-bottom, which gives it the edge over Gretchen, to me. You can't go wrong with anything up through the 1992 self-titled, though.

And what a great band. I am super-excited for that biography, as they have had a long and very interesting history.

neil

If I start with their best, isn't downhill from there? I ordered Dogman and Gretchen so far.

If I start with their best, isn't downhill from there? I ordered Dogman and Gretchen so far.
    Not in this case. Gretchen..., Faith Hope Love and King's X are all extremely strong albums. Silent Planet is neato, too. Much to like with these guys. This is before the "YMMV" era beginning with Tape Head.

it doesn't have to be, Dogman was a damn good place to start, jump around how ever you'd like. I will go on a limb and suggest Please Come Home Mr Bulbous. King's X 4 is pretty damn swell too.

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    (well.... Black Like Sunday I don't play. But all the others? Yeah)

Man, I love that album.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    it doesn't have to be, Dogman was a damn good place to start, jump around how ever you'd like. I will go on a limb and suggest Please Come Home Mr Bulbous. King's X 4 is pretty damn swell too.
    Also a fan of Mr. Bulbous. It never seems to be very highly rated by fans, but I have always dug it.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Man, I love that album.
    Also a fan of that one.

It's about time! They're only one of my favorite bands in the world!

Like RUSH in that every album has a least a handful of really good tunes. I would agree that Gretchen & Faith Hope Love are the most solid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    Like RUSH in that every album has a least a handful of really good tunes. I would agree that Gretchen & Faith Hope Love are the most solid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GGTN and FHL are exceptional, yes. My top 3 are Dogman, GGTN and Ogre Tones.

bump.

also a new documentary coming

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...44153633221639

Doug Pinnick
    December 4 ·

We have been all over houston documenting our history here for the documentary.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Faith, Hope, Love has always been my favourite. Just loaded with great song-writing from top-to-bottom, which gives it the edge over Gretchen, to me. You can't go wrong with anything up through the 1992 self-titled, though.

And what a great band. I am super-excited for that biography, as they have had a long and very interesting history.

neil
    I wonder if I am the only person who thinks that the Sam Taylor-era formula was beginning to get more than a little played-out by the s/t album, and may have indeed started to become stretched a little thinly by the second half of FHL - an album that to me is at least 15 minutes longer than it needs to be. I was certainly glad that they toughened their sound significantly on Dogman, though equally I did miss having at least one song per album sung by Ty on that one.

Any love here for Ear Candy? The track "Mississippi Moon" is such a lovely tune, IMO. I love these guys.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Can anyone recommend a few live videos on YouTube? I've listened to a bit of the band, but never seen them in action. I like their sound, but never explored their music fully.

Also, is it Doug Pinnick, or dUg Pinnick as the press release has it?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Any love here for Ear Candy? The track "Mississippi Moon" is such a lovely tune, IMO. I love these guys.
    Lotta love here