They plan in the near future:
    ARTCANE
    CHUTE LIBRE
    NEMO
    ANUBIS

It was time.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

^ Wow, these are all good acts/titles. The ExVitae is damn near even excellent.

I'd love to see the Troisieme Rives, Plat du Jour and Mahjun albums on CD, although I understand how they were recently reissued on limited vinyl.

It's all very, very, very obscure, of course.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Spyros, do they plan vinyl reissues too?

Good selection, but will these also be available on CD or vinyl/download only (the new trend) ?

It would be also nice if they could release a 2nd re-issue of some older tittles which are no longer available in their catalog and very expensive on the s/h market. There are many of them I would like to buy but unable to find. (Laurent Thibault, François Bréant, COS Pasiones, to name a few), though I understand this might be not an economically viable option for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    Good selection, but will these also be available on CD or vinyl/download only (the new trend) ?
    Ex Vitae and Artcane are on CD, I have no doubt that the other ones will be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    I'd love to see the Troisieme Rives, Plat du Jour and Mahjun albums on CD, although I understand how they were recently reissued on limited vinyl.
    absofuckinglutely
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Ex Vitae and Artcane are on CD, I have no doubt that the other ones will be too.
    Artcane is on preorders. Will be available soon...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Spyros, do they plan vinyl reissues too?
    Don't know... they used to print vinyls in their early days during the 80s, but I have the impression that they have switched to CDs for good.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Don't know... they used to print vinyls in their early days during the 80s, but I have the impression that they have switched to CDs for good.
    As I'm generally annoyed when a reissue is not in CD, I'd think it's relatively dumb not to have pressed vinyl of the same reissues, since it sells (and in some cases more units than CDs).
    Though I think it may be a little late to jump on that bandwagon, as I've read a couple of articles that vinyl sales' upward curve is more than slowing down - one even suggesting a slight decline.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

It would be also nice if they could release a 2nd re-issue of some older tittles which are no longer available in their catalog and very expensive on the s/h market. There are many of them I would like to buy but unable to find. (Laurent Thibault, François Bréant, COS Pasiones, to name a few), though I understand this might be not an economically viable option for them.
    François Bréant's Sons Optique is available thought discogs quite easy: https://www.discogs.com/Fran%C3%A7oi...elease/1252038

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    François Bréant's Sons Optique is available thought discogs quite easy: https://www.discogs.com/Fran%C3%A7oi...elease/1252038
    Thank you for the info but I already have it. What I'm looking for is Voyageur Extra-Lucide on CD (Musea FGBG 4429.AR,2003) nowhere to be found (afaik)

Thank you for the info but I already have it. What I'm looking for is Voyageur Extra-Lucide on CD (Musea FGBG 4429.AR,2003) nowhere to be found (afaik)
    Sometimes other labels like Mals (Russia) or Lion Productions (USA) rerelease older Musea stuff.

François Bréant is of course on both Nemo albums that Musea will rerelease.

They just did:
    EX VITAE

ARTCANE
    CHUTE LIBRE
    NEMO
    ANUBIS

It was time.
    A wonderful development for sure. I miss the days when Musea were cranking the reissues out! Glad they're back. Are they still including the excellent biographies like they did when Frances Grosse was involved?

They just did:
    EX VITAE

ARTCANE
    CHUTE LIBRE
    NEMO
    ANUBIS

It was time.
    Artcane was already released, as someone else pointed out. I also have inside knowledge that they plan a CD release for Moravagine and Potemkine, in addition to the tiles you mention above.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Artcane was already released, as someone else pointed out. I also have inside knowledge that they plan a CD release for Moravagine and Potemkine, in addition to the tiles you mention above.
    Are the SOleil Zeuhl releases for Potemkine OOP??

Unless you mean the Foetus debut album, which got split up on the other two albums reissue

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    OOP for something like a decade!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    OOP for something like a decade!
    Which is actually, come to think of it, a bit exhilarating - as they're exceedingly hard to come by even with specialized online retailers.

I guess most of those buyers aren't contributors here at PE... OMG, there's a world outside?!

What I really regret when it comes to allthings Soleil Zeuhl, is not getting my hands on that Dün vinyl reissue. I saw it at a friend's Place a couple of years back, and that sleeve is just so immensely gorgeous… Not to mention the music itself.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Which is actually, come to think of it, a bit exhilarating
    Certainly is for the label; beats the hell out of throwing goods away....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

Unless you mean the Foetus debut album, which got split up on the other two albums reissue
    I am not sure which album is to be reissued, but I can ask Bernard.

Personally, I would also love to see them reissue OOP titles in their own catalogue, things like the Swiss Welcome or the "Minuit Ville" by Synopsis, in addition to other old French progressive albums that were not released by Musea: Trèfle, Oniris or Ada le Fol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    I would also love to see them reissue OOP titles in their own catalogue, things like the Swiss Welcome or the "Minuit Ville" by Synopsis
    The debut Welcome - wasn't that one released by Black Rills? Or was that a Musea subsidiary? I've got the CD reissue from ca. 20 years back and it's a hoot of preposterously derivative but fun "symph" with Yes vocal harmonies, dodgy English pronounciation, meaty Hammond, sisy minimoogs and the lot. As good and/or bad as their countrymen Dragonfly and Rumple Stiltzken Comune, the latter also reissued by Black Rills, IINM.

And I've got the Si-Wan of Synopsis' Minuit Ville. Really strange arrangements; there are seldom "core elaborations" to anything they play - these are just blocks of themes and motifs. It's fairly fine, but closer to third-tier stuff like Grime and Orion than, say, that classic second Atoll album which obviously informed it.

I don’t know what Ex Vitae is, but those Artcane, Chute Libre and Nemo reissues were a long time coming.

The debut Welcome - wasn't that one released by Black Rills?
    It was Black Rills, I have it too. They had a second album, You’re Welcome, which has never been reissued.
    Last edited by Progbear; 10-10-2018 at 09:53 PM.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

The debut Welcome - wasn't that one released by Black Rills? Or was that a Musea subsidiary? I've got the CD reissue from ca. 20 years back and it's a hoot of preposterously derivative but fun "symph" with Yes vocal harmonies, dodgy English pronounciation, meaty Hammond, sisy minimoogs and the lot. As good and/or bad as their countrymen Dragonfly and Rumple Stiltzken Comune, the latter also reissued by Black Rills, IINM.
    I met with Tommy Strebel of Welcome on my sole trip to Switzerland in 1992 (also met the guys from Lizard, Blue Motion, and HR Giger but those stories for another time). Its so many years ago that
    I don’t remember all the details why we didn’t work it out. I seem to remember that EMI had the rights and availability of mastertapes unknown. He had the rights to the second album but that wasn’t as interesting.

Konny Eisenring of Black Rills worked out a deal with Tommy. Probably a needle drop. Black Rills had nothing to do with Musea.

The debut Welcome - wasn't that one released by Black Rills? Or was that a Musea subsidiary?
    Both RYM and Discogs list a Musea release (catalog # FGBG 4243.AR), so I'm thinking it must be a Musea pressing. But never saw it in my life, so maybe I am wrong.

They did a vinyl edition of Shub Niggurath a couple of years ago
    I would love to know how it sounds and if they took the bother of using the master tapes...